Beta version v6.4.62 for Z9X/Z10 Pro/Z1000 Pro/UHD3000 release

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by mirror, Apr 19, 2023.

1. B0RN

B0RN Active Member

Curious if this is older version 4.2.51 then what are we on now and is the older version missing anything?

2. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

It's not an older version, it was compiled today!

B0RN likes this.
  3. Gilgamesh

Gilgamesh Active Member

I'm starting to adapt to HT4, cleaned up the homescreen, I just use the movie/tv widget and continue watching/newly added, changed everything to TMDB as TV shows would miss actor info etc when using TVDB, I like using the horizontal library UI and it's pretty smooth when scrolling through.

atm the only thing I miss is to have the option to get smaller posters in the homescreen and split up the movie/tv shows in newly added.

4. thivame

thivame Active Member

split up the movie/tv shows in "not watched".

5. badboyxx

badboyxx Member

I can't install it. In my case I get an error message "App could not be installed".

Does anybody know why?

I just downloaded the apk file and tried to install via media center.

6. Markswift2003

What box, what FW version and what HT version are you using at the moment?

7. badboyxx

badboyxx Member

Box is Z9X, FW v6.4.62 and HT version is 4.2.50

8. Markswift2003

B0RN likes this.
  9. Markswift2003

Not sure - I'll send the files to the devs and see if they can shed any light...

10. badboyxx

badboyxx Member

11. Markswift2003

Sorry - really no idea - it should work on that combination - in fact I just tested a box with FW from last year and it installed on that fine too.

Have you tried a hard reboot?

12. badboyxx

badboyxx Member

Yes I did it already.

Should I try to clear data or cache?

13. Netmask

Netmask Well-Known Member

Tried quotes on 6 random movies and series, no problems. So my experience earlier must have been something else.

14. Rober

Rober New Member

15. Markswift2003

If it was me I'd do a factory reset which isn't as bad as it sounds.

Make a note of your settings, both for HT4 and the main settings - screenshots are handy for this, but obviously save them away from the Zidoo since you're going to wipe it!

Take a backup of HT4 - again, don't save on the Zidoo.

Then do a full reset, put the settings back and restore HT4.

Takes me about 5 minutes, but then I've had a lot of practice!

16. B0RN

B0RN Active Member

Just tried the new apk for HT and hard drives wont stop scanning... it gets stuck at last file on all drives until stopped manually.
    I did reset to factory and did hard reboots and power offs twice.
    I think im ready to downgrade to .60 now. It was working fine on that.

17. audiom3

audiom3 Member

@Netmask and that icon within each movie or TV series is also broken. All that functionality allows you to do is select a poster off TMDB. You cannot upload your own via the web GUI at all.

18. Netmask

Netmask Well-Known Member

If you want to use your own images you can do that within the Zidoo itself. Not sure if it would be possible to implement it in the WebUI because of network considerations? Not sure but that's my gut feeling. I've loaded quite a few of my own images for home movies, early films that simply don't have entries etc. The new WebUI is fantastic compared to the old version. I have a movie of one of Jeff Goldblum very early movies for TV "Popular Neurotics" had to create everything from scratch. It is so much easier now.

19. Rickboy62

Rickboy62 New Member

Can the Webgui also be used to provide the correct synopsis of the movie. I have a couple of movies that can't be found after scraping and one movie where the synopsis is for a different movie and with the wrong actors showing up in HT

20. Visconti12

Visconti12 Active Member

HT4 makes wrong choice of movie mostly for the title you enter. You have to identify once again from the RC menu and rename or choose the correct title you'll find there, surely from TMDB list.