Beta version v6.4.62 for Z9X/Z10 Pro/Z1000 Pro/UHD3000 release

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by mirror, Apr 19, 2023.

1. thivame

thivame Active Member

Good morning,

When we are in a season of TV series, it is possible to indicate "watched" manually an episode and it is very practical.
    Do you think it would be possible to put in the same place the option "refresh metadatas"? That is to say, when we are on the episode, by clicking on the "menu" button, we would have two choices:
    selection 1: "mark the episode as "watched / not watched"
    selection 2: "refresh metadata"
    Indeed, I'm very happy that the option is finally present and works, but for TV series it's a pain, you have to go to the source, search for the series, then finally the episode concerned and when there are more than 3 or 4 seasons, you have to scroll everything...
    Thanks for the consideration.

vddan and Ovidiu Ogrean like this.
  2. vddan

vddan Active Member

Finally ....... I am not alone and this problem is very painful and above all do not do it only on the series, the films too !!!
    And moreover on the last firmware we come back to the main page without being asked and again rebuilding around 30/50s !!!
    Very, very painful ......... to be corrected quickly .... thank you!

Larry Lo and Letmein like this.
  3. darky_zidoo

darky_zidoo Active Member

weird..i find them pretty loud. I guess it depends on the source and which movies.

4. Netmask

Netmask Well-Known Member

And your own system and the way it’s all connected. Lots of variables, I’ve downloaded trailers of the same movie and one had almost whisper level sound and an identical from a different “assembler” with commercial radio commercial loud. I’ve noticed those trailers with aac tracks are the quietest but it’s a small sample.

5. gadgetman

gadgetman Active Member

I watched the fisher king dolby vision mkv and the picture was pulsating, i had to stop then resume for it to work correctly, the same with another movie where it misses frames almost jerky.

The developer who came up with the idea with the clock appearing in the corner every hour needs sacking what a pathetic gimmick., everyone will turn that off.

No improvements with the full blu ray menu you advertise on your website, you should remove that immediately if you have no plans to make it work.

darkeyes909, Letmein, Ich&Ich and 2 others like this.
  6. khollister

khollister Member

I have no issues with Fisher King 4K although I do agree the clock thing is stupid

Letmein likes this.
  7. Letmein

Letmein New Member

Same thing here.
    Zidoo please look into it and fix. very annoying.

Larry Lo likes this.
  8. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Can't replicate this at all - there must be some other variable.

9. DIKKE

DIKKE Active Member

Same here..

Larry Lo likes this.
  10. mirak

mirak Member

It's working with my UHD3000

11. OlivierQC

OlivierQC Well-Known Member

12. mirak

mirak Member

I also have 5 to 10 sec delay.
    Just fine for me. It's the time I need to read the synopsis before the trailer starts .

Deano86 likes this.
  13. Nicholas Hewitt

Nicholas Hewitt Active Member

that is like 5 people so far having this issue.

vddan likes this.
  14. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

I had to reset the player (all APP's to default). This to get Music Player behaving normal via Media Center.

15. Deano86

Deano86 Active Member

I must say thus far I am enjoying the improvement in this firmware regarding "Optimized local trailer playback". Scrolling through some of my titles where I had noticed occasional glitchiness in certain trailers I had downloaded... they all seem nice and smooth as compared to the basic video player that was used prior to this for trailers. ... And of course all are much better quality than online trailers that I used to try and rely on before I wised up went to my own trailers.

darky_zidoo likes this.
  16. Johnwoto

Johnwoto Member

Strange that my online trailers are not working - mine haven’t worked for a long time now - tried various start times in the settings with no luck

Also wish they would sort out Trakt as I have a couple of players that I would like to see all the watching across the players - it only works sometimes

17. Markswift2003

Local trailers now use DVDPlayer rather than the online player so playback is much improved. Been trying to get this implemented for a long time...

fsim2000 and darky_zidoo like this.
  18. Markswift2003

That's fine, but in order to figure out what the problem is we need to be able to replicate it and as I say, here, when a movie or TV program ends it just returns to HT as expected with no drama.

And nothing special going on here - just a Z9X on a network with NAS drives as SMB sources - so there has to be another variable involved.

19. nc88keyz

nc88keyz Active Member

My wife wants to murder me, the new time "feature" is supposed to flash the front lcd display, right?

funfact: if you keep the front display off like I do, it flashes it on the monitor/ television ;)

I tried to toggle it off with the remote app, but that has not been updated to support that toggle.

We are watching a movie right now and do not want to stop it to adjust setting.

Why , Why did they revert it to the display from the unit display if toggled off???

If you wanted the unit display dark, then why would you want that interruption during your movie. I thought I could just have it flash on the unit on the half hour. My mistaken understanding.

Is this a "feature" or a flex from Zidoo? They want to see how far they can push

20. Netmask

Netmask Well-Known Member

With the new firmware is it safe to use TVDB and TVMaze as a data source?