Beta version v6.4.06 for Z9X/Z10 Pro/Z1000 Pro/UHD3000/NEO S/NEO X release

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by mirror, May 21, 2022.

1. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

It'll get fixed - as I say, I think it's just an oversight.

What do you mean "a simple HDR"?

2. mirak

mirak Member

Static HDR (DV without dynamic metadata)

3. Markswift2003

xskip likes this.
  4. Arek

Arek New Member

Regarding CEC, tv turns on zidoo but does not toggle hdmi

5. 3DBuff

3DBuff Well-Known Member

Try shutting Zidoo off rather than standby. Hold power button on remote for couple of seconds and select direct power off.

6. ThomasP

ThomasP Active Member

@3DBuff

Thanks. Will try this as a workaround. But in my eyes it is a bug that the player starts from standby with CEC turned off. Mayby Zidoo can fix this small bug.

7. bkwashby

bkwashby New Member

I put this update on my Z1000 Pro and I have it and my TV connected to a home theater receiver. The problem is the CEC. Before this update I could turn on the receiver and it would turn the TV on with it. Now when I turn on the receiver the TV doesn't turn on but when I turn on the TV after the receiver is turned on, it turns on the Z1000 Pro with it. I have the CEC turned off on the Zidoo and I have a lindy CEC blocker on it and it still is turning on automatically when I turn on the TV? I always shut my Z1000 Pro down instead of standby also, if that matters.

Last edited: Jun 6, 2022
  8. serg fedorov

serg fedorov Active Member

VS10 began to work noticeably darker. Does it only seem to me?
    I am installing this firmware for the third time, but due to problems with Uapp (flies out), I have to roll back to the 90th firmware. So it happened now, on the 90th VS10 it is noticeably brighter.

9. Anyone plz help. I manually sorted some of my seasons and films which were not recognised during my 16TBHDD scanning. That HDD in HTPC was attched via LAN through auto DHCP to z10pro. Yesterday i accidentally fixed my IP address and now all my settings are lost because smb address is now changed and z10pro recognised it as a new drive. Is there any way to get my old sorting back? If not what should do to save my settings?

10. Markswift2003

Depending what you've done since this happened you may be able to use "Synchronise data from other source" (press menu button on "Source").

11. I tried it but no help. To be clear i have 2 HDD drives. One on z10pro. One in HTPCH connected via lan. The HTPC HDD got lost due to samba IP address change and all my rematching and manual sorting got lost. What should i do to save my rematching and manual sorting of my HDD infuture. Its a hectic process to again do everything.

12. Markswift2003

Firstly you should always use static IP addresses for network sources and where this isn't possible you should allocate the DHCP IP address using MAC address in the router which is effectively then a static address. That way the Zidoo always sees the source in the same place.

If you remember the old IP address you could allocate this address back to the PC using MAC address. Personally I wouldn't allocate a true static IP address to this IP address because it will be in the DHCP range of the router - but that decision depends how on tidy you like your network to be (I'm fanatical about mine, but then it's a big network).

AngryVirginian likes this.
  13. gymnos

gymnos Member

o_O

14. Isnt there a way to save rematching and manual sorting of HDD to be saved in a text file so that it can be reloaded again if HDD reconnects or zidoo detects it as a new drive and forgets previous rematching. There should be a place where zidoo is storing all this rematching info. Can't this be reproduced? It would be a great help/feature if possible.

15. Anyway to save film category choices, manual sorting and rematching of files on the HDD? it would be great. If HDD fails or reconnects with a new ip address anyway to reload previous settings? I mean creating backup of my sorting and rematching choices for future.

16. ThomasP

ThomasP Active Member

Same with the Z1000Pro powered off. In both settings (standby/direct off) the player starts.

17. maglione

maglione Member

I have a problem with the screensaver..........in home theater (no watching anything) after a few minutes of screensaver, my zidoo returns to the desktop, if I'm listening to music through media center, the screensaver activates and after a few minutes the music cuts off and zidoo went back to the desk.

Bertrum likes this.
  18. AngryVirginian

AngryVirginian Active Member

I have the same problem too. Reduced the number of pictures to 50 seemed to help somewhat. Still get screensaver crashing but much less often than when I had 500 pictures in ZDaydream folder.

19. Yohmi

Yohmi Member

I experience several issues with this new firmware.

• Screensaver randomly stops and brings me back to the main screen (not HT).

• Turning off the TV turns off the Zidoo (as expected) but not quite. The front LED remains on and frozen. When I turn the TV back on, the Zidoo should boot but it doesn't. I need to use its remote to successfully boot it.

And I second Muhammad USMAN about his feature request. My NAS changed its IP and if I link the same directories with a different IP, the Zidoo rematches everything (and worse for me : the "watched" status is lost !). Wouldn't it be great if we could have an extra option on the greyed out disconnected source directories to not only delete the source, but also relocate it ?

gymnos and Letmein like this.
  20. Markswift2003

It already does this.

The first thing to say is always use a static IP for a source - you're asking for trouble if you don't!

However, if the IP address changes and the source becomes disconnected then just use the Synchronise tool:

1. All sources Valid:
    upload_2022-6-8_11-39-57.png

2. Source 3 becomes disconnected:
    upload_2022-6-8_11-40-38.png

3. Do not delete the disconnected source and add a "new" source which is the same drive just with a new IP address, but DO NOT SCAN:
    upload_2022-6-8_11-42-44.png

4. Press <Menu> and select "Synchronise data from another source"
    upload_2022-6-8_11-43-50.png

5. Select the old disconnected source:
    upload_2022-6-8_11-44-35.png

6. Scanned data is synchronised to the "new" source:
    upload_2022-6-8_11-45-47.png

7. Then delete the old source:
    upload_2022-6-8_11-47-26.png

Simples.

darkeyes909, dr4go, spoonz and 5 others like this.