Beta version v6.4.06 for Z9X/Z10 Pro/Z1000 Pro/UHD3000/NEO S/NEO X release

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by mirror, May 21, 2022.

1. cucnz

cucnz Active Member

went to the link couldnt see anything to d/l wasnt keen on the site wanting to load stuff on my pc
    place it a known safe host like mega nz maybe

2. andy22

andy22 Active Member

Are we talking about the same link?

There is only one prominent "download" link/button on the page, which is the actual test-file. The site does not try to "load stuff" on your PC?

PS: Wetransfer is a well known and established cloud provider, similar to dropbox, gdrive and is certainly more trustworthy than anything from Mr. "Kim Dotcom". The main advantage is that it works like pastebin, so its easy to upload/download files without needing an account via a shared link to the file.

Last edited: Jun 4, 2022
  3. cucnz

cucnz Active Member

first thing the site does is try to force cookies on me so i left it the first time

also as someone thats d/l warez since mid late 80,s
    not a site ive EVER heard of before

did download it and managed to play it in both its mp4 and an Mkv format ( 9 x out of 10 if a file wont play for me its because its in some mp4 format which running thru mkvtoolnix rectifies usually )

either way both formats played hdr10+ logo in the upper left of screen
    this i went back and rechecked its the tv info box not the Z9x

no hdr10+ comes up on right side of the screen where the zidoo would normally insert it
    ie
    for dolby vision files we get Dolby vision logos showing on both left and right top corners

it also showed hdr10+ format when using the info button during playback (playback being a lake with various hdr10+ contrast settings being shown )

so the Zidoo is outputting hdr10+ as your Visio shows
    its just that the Z9x isnt outputting that info to the screen (which it has done on earlier releases )

im lucky cos my Pana oled z1000 will playback all the formats dv hdr hdr10+ hlg etc

4. HDGuy

HDGuy Active Member

You totally missed the point. Yes, the HDR10+ logo will display but it doesn’t play the content properly. Pay attention to the video- at the beginning in text it says exactly what should happen.

5. cucnz

cucnz Active Member

reply read up
    id re read your original post and saw the visio was seeing hdr10+
    and totally edited my reply :p

it does play for my correctly
    ie hdr10+ normal mode for s seconds with a lake showing then get a beep and it says hdr10+ high contrast mode etc etc all the way to the end near 1 min

6. HDGuy

HDGuy Active Member

There might be a language issue but you’re still missing the point of the video.

7. cucnz

cucnz Active Member

the fact that the video plays correctly for me all the way thru ?
    the fact that the z9x info is showing its hdr10+ output (if not popping that icon up on screen)
    the fact the tv is correctly showing the file playing as hdr10+ (via popup and info button on remote )

so what am i missing exactly ?

8. Thats why i was saying that as per my knowledge there shouldn't be any size limit of HDD . It should work. Was going to place order for 26TB HDD. Now waiting for admin to reply. Even in windows now there is no limit of HDD mentioned anywhere. Even if there is FW update can resolve it i think.

9. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

HDR10+ content is recognised and played as HDR10+, however the dynamic metadata is not being used.

HDGuy and xskip like this.
  10. andy22

andy22 Active Member

Are you serious?

So your "wanting to load stuff on my pc" is a free to use cloud service site offering you cookies in 2022?
    Guess what all your warez download sites do exactly the same... while also peddling a shitton of crazy add's on there sites.

Wow no surprise than, Wetransfer is not some warez site that recently rebranded itself with a "legal" skin, while still mostly offering warez links. Wetransfer is often used by business clients, since the company has its HQ in the EU/Netherlands, compared to mega.nz and others that sit in HongKong, Taiwan, Russia or some other obscure legal country for "obvious" reasons.
    So by this logic you would have clicked on a rapidgator link without issues? Guess that's pirate logic raaaarrrwww.

You missed the fact what the testfile actually does and states in its text, on every "beep" tone you should see a visual difference in contrast/saturation by utilizing the HDR10+ dynamic metadata. If you see the same scene over and over, this means the HDR10+ pipeline is not working, despite whatever logos you see. We don't want HDR10+ or DV for its logos, we want the actual metadata tobe applied to the picture, so contrast and dynamic range can be improved per scene, compared to HDR10 static data that is applied to the whole content.

11. Taler

Taler New Member

Hello dear Zidoo team,

first of all I would like to thank you for your great work.

I wanted to make the following suggestions/wishes for a future update:

In a past update, the real-time bit rate of the video was inserted in the video information.

I would like to see the same for the currently selected audio track. So would it be possible to show a real-time-bit rate for the audio track in the INFOS as well?

Secondly, would it be possible to select a rating from Trakt in addition to the TMDB rating and the IMDB rating, so include a Trakt rating as an alternative?

Next, I would like to point out the following problem, at least for me, and ask if it would be possible to set the length of time a movie or series episode is displayed in the "recently Watched" section, e.g. choose between days, weeks, months or unlimited?

It bothers me very much that movies/series episodes in the " recently Watched section" disappear too fast, if you haven't looked at them for two weeks.

Next I wanted to ask if the following would be possible: The clearlogo of series is only downloaded at scraping from TVDB & TVMAZE but not from TMDB, is this a bug, can it be fixed? (since I don't work with NFO's).

Finally, I would like to point out a problem with me.

I have noticed that with DTS-HD audio tracks, the number of channels displayed is always incorrect and not correct, for example, in a film with DTS-HD MA 5.1 audio track, 7.1 channels are displayed in the audio track and INFO. For DTS-HD 2.0 movies, 4.0 channels are always displayed in the audio track. Can this be fixed?

I want to thank you again for the great work here and say that I absolutely love Zidoo as it is a great product.

Summary:

Wishes:

· a real-time bit rate for the audio track

· an additional rating of Trakt as an alternative to the IMDB & TMBD rating system

· the own selection of the display duration of media (movies/series episodes) in the " recently watched section " e.g. days, weeks, months or unlimited

· the obtaining of clearlogos for series also from TMDB

problems:

· incorrect display of channel number in audio track/INFO but only for DTS-HD audio tracks

gymnos and leviathan like this.
  12. HDGuy

HDGuy Active Member

It’s funny, there isn’t a lot of HDR10+ content so I guess I never noticed this before. Is this a hardware issue? I just played that test file on my 4k FireTV Stick and it worked the way it was supposed to- you could easily see the changes is brightness and contrast.

13. Markswift2003

I've not heard yet (It's Chinese holiday at the moment - Dragon Boat Festival), but I do expect a quick easy fix - with all the focus we had on Dolby Vision and developing Profile 7 playback (remember, this SOC wasn't supposed to be able to that!) I think it's just an oversight.

In real world content, the effects of both HDR10+ and Dolby RPU are very subtle, so given the scarcity of HDR10+ content, I'm not surprised no-one's noticed up to now...

nc88keyz likes this.
  14. HDGuy

HDGuy Active Member

Out of the hundred or so 4k Blu-Ray I own, I can think of 2 that are exclusively HDR10+, the rest with HDR10+ support DV as well. The majority of HDR10+ exclusive content must be on Prime streaming. Even Hulu which offers HDR10+ content defaults to DV for the same titles (provided your hardware supports it of course).

15. andy22

andy22 Active Member

I "heard" that some eye-patch wearing people on reddit had major issues watching Moon-Knight episode 04 in base HDR10, since the episode is extremely dark, so you need good calibrated black levels or have to rely on proper DV/HDR10+ dynamic scene mapping.

Not that i know any of those people!

Markswift2003 likes this.
  16. ThomasP

ThomasP Active Member

Hello Zidoo-Friends, i discovered a smaller problem with CEC. I use a Panasonic TX-58EXW784 connected to my Denon Home 550 soundbar on the ARC HDMI 2 port. My Zidoo Z1000 Pro is direcly connected to the soundbar also (another HDMI port). Now the problem. If i turn on my TV Receicer (GigaTV from Vodafone) which is connected to my Panasonic on HDMI port 1 the Zidoo is turned on. Even if i turn off CEC in the settings of the Zidoo. It looks like it is not possibel to deactivate CEC on the Zidoo. I changed the Zidoo to other devices lika a Blu RTay Player or PS4 and they did not start wth deactivated CEC so its seems like a special Zidoo thing. Is there a way to deactivate CEC completely on the Zidoo?

17. Markswift2003

It's a real shame, but HDR10+ seems to have gone the same way as DTS-X, only faster.

18. HDGuy

HDGuy Active Member

Then there's HDR10+ Adaptive but we won't talk about that

It's only a matter of time now before Samsung gives in and starts paying for DV licenses for their TVs. I'm surprised they've held on to HDR10+ this long. It can't be helping them.

darkeyes909 likes this.
  19. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

Today's UHD/HDR video standards are better than what TV manufacturers can reproduce live. So these have a challenge.
    In the future we may see these RPU and other differences?

During CES2022 in Barcelona spoke to various manufacturers. OLED/QLED will move to higher peak outputs and smarter dealing with led aging (called burn-in erroneously by many).

20. mirak

mirak Member

That's a pity !
    And don't tell me that DV is a simple HDR with Zidoo :confused: