Beta version v6.3.98 for Z9X release

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by mirror, Apr 29, 2022.

1. sat4all

sat4all New Member

Using this new version everytime i power on my Denon AVR the zidoo switch itself on, HDMI CEC is disabled in the zidoo.
    No such problem with prior versions.

darkeyes909 and Ovidiu Ogrean like this.
  2. serg fedorov

serg fedorov Active Member

HT4 now does not crash and does not reboot on firmware with "G". Thank you for this.
    But the trailers stopped working. On 90 and 92 firmware, the trailers are bad, but they worked. On this firmware they do not work at all.
    I hope there will be a fix. Trailers are very nice. It's boring without them.

boolian likes this.
  3. serg fedorov

serg fedorov Active Member

It's really bad with HT4 for this firmware. In addition to broken trailers, also watched movies do not work. Left in a state of disrepair. Directors and actors are now impossible to watch.
    Is it now impossible to return to the old version of HT4? Again, roll back in full 0.22 and install 60-90 firmware?
    Nightmare .......

4. xskip

xskip Active Member

5. 3DBuff

3DBuff Well-Known Member

I had similar problem. Zidoo would turn TV and receiver ON and when shutting TV off Zidoo would go off with CEC disabled in Zidoo. After fiddling with my Sony receiver HDMI CEC I ended up turning Zidoo CEC on and disabling individual functions. It's not bad now. Zidoo on / off is not tied in to TV/receiver combo going ON / OFF but I can still use TV remote to operate Zidoo. Sweet :)

The last glitch from this CEC setup is that if the Zidoo is in standby and I wake it up from iPhone Controller app (boot function) it will start up TV and receiver :(

I have local drives connected to Zidoo. On occasion I need to access those drives from PC. I don't want to start TV and receiver or automatically change input on TV to Zidoo every time I wake it up from standby.

6. Armin Moesslacher

Armin Moesslacher Active Member

I have a small universal remote ;-) which combines TV, Zidoo, AVR and Media TV Box function can just recommend that no need for CEC at all.

7. TifKag

TifKag Active Member

It would be nice if you share the Make & Model with us ;)

8. Armin Moesslacher

Armin Moesslacher Active Member

Ah sorry the "one4all streaming remote"

9. mirror

mirror Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Zidoo TECH Supporter

We can't reproduce it. It would be great if you can provide complete reproduction steps and more detailed information.
    It would be better if the log file could be provided

Last edited: May 10, 2022
    Normancook likes this.
  10. 3DBuff

3DBuff Well-Known Member

Correction to my post above. With CEC off or all individual power ups off, Zidoo still starts TV / receiver. This happens when I start Zidoo from remote or from iPhone controller app.

TV does not start Zidoo as expected.

11. 3DBuff

3DBuff Well-Known Member

I can’t stop Zidoo from starting TV and receiver no matter what remote I use. The only way would be to turn off all CEC functions on every device. I like having ability to adjust volume of my receiver from TV remote. This on is LG magic remote with air mouse and radio frequency. Very handy if it works with other devices.

12. 3DBuff

3DBuff Well-Known Member

One more item on my list. If I use ZDMC latest 19.4 leave it open on movie page and use standby from remote. Zidoo will go to sleep and wake up on the same ZDMC movie page. All good. Now if I use home button or any other app from Zidoo and go back to ZDMC using Task Manager function ZDMC restarts every time. I don’t know if it’s short on memory or resources but my old X9S didn’t do it. It would keep ZDMC active and returned to open page using Task Manager.

13. Is there a log file we can provide?
    The reproduction steps are nothing untoward ...
    1. Have an existing library - TV Shows are mainly using TVDB as the metadata provider
    2. Enabled trakt - enabled all the options.
    3. Clicked the "update" option to force a sync
    4. Watched states from trakt correctly update watched states on my Z9X (except the final episode of a series - which was mentioned in an earlier post)
    5. Watch any TV show (either to completion, or up to the credits) - they get recorded as Weeds Smokey Snippets
    Please let me know if you require more detail, though not sure what other detail I could provide

14. shy4434

shy4434 New Member

All movie trailers are not opened in beta version v6.3.98 (not G) software. Anyone having this problem like me? However, in the previous Beta version v6.3.92 software, the trailers were opened, even if it was a bit of a wait.

15. 3DBuff

3DBuff Well-Known Member

Not G and no trailers at all here.

16. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

See this link:

http://forum.zidoo.tv/index.php?threads/how-to-create-a-debug-log.93595/

17. timmyp53

timmyp53 Member

Wonder if this will fix the problem of the zidoo being constantly stuck on shutdown screen.

Happy about trakt integration. Are there manual and automatic options available for trakt management? Also how does trakt scrobbling work?

18. HDGuy

HDGuy Active Member

I realize that, but my Sony X900E supports both 720p23 and 480p23 which is kind of cool.

As I mentioned in the EDID thread I think the main format my Vizio QX is missing is 1080p25, that's why having auto-change enabled with the EDID off would come in handy, so we don't have to ask for a modified EDID every time a missing resolution/refresh rate occurs.

Seems like that would be relatively easy to implement.

3DBuff likes this.
  19. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

As I say, it needs to be a legal HDMI mode and 1280x720P23 isn't legal so the Zidoo will quite correctly display at 1920x1080P23 if you set auto frame rate and auto resolution. This means the Zidoo upscales 720p to 1080p and the display then upscales 1080p to 2160p so there are two upscaling processes going on which isn't necessarily the best idea.

I just set Auto framerate only and let everything be upscaled by the Zidoo rather than the display - at the end of the day, something's got to upscale, so unless you have outboard processing, why not leave it all to the Zidoo?

Even if you add VIC60 (1280x720P23/24) to the EDID you won't convince HDMI to accept it - it'll still spit out VIC32 (1920x1080p23/24).

20. 3DBuff

3DBuff Well-Known Member

The painful way to go around it is to disable auto refresh and resolution, set the display in Quick Settings to whatever you like 720 at 23 if possible and play the movie.
    I was doing it for a while with 1080p at 25fps. My LG didn't list it in EDID.