Beta version v6.3.98 for Z9X release

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by mirror, Apr 29, 2022.

1. vince48

vince48 New Member

Ok, Thanks Sledgehamma

2. paresh

paresh Member

Why would someone want to advertise his/her watch list on the net, even if it's your personal login account? Moreover how & in what manner does it help as nothing reflects on the Zidoo player until you visit the site? Could you please elaborate on that. Just curious whether it really helps or not. Thanks.:):)

darkeyes909 likes this.
  3. Sledgehamma

Sledgehamma Well-Known Member

The two most important use cases I think are:
    • When you watch and delete a show you know where you left off
    • You can sync watched status between different devices. So I watch an episode on my iPad via Infuse and Jellyfin which gets synced to Trakt and then the Zidoo marks that episode as watched as well.

paresh and dwalme like this.
  4. HDGuy

HDGuy Active Member

Trakt keeps track (hence the name) of “watched” status of both movies and TV shows. You can share your watched list with friends, but more importantly it works across devices so regardless of what device you have, as long as it supports Trakt it will keep track of everything. For example, I run Coreelec (Kodi) in my bedroom and I can keep my watched status synced between that and my Z9X. If you ever need to rescrape your library all your watched statuses will be saved.

Michael Mamone likes this.
  5. mattmarsden

mattmarsden Active Member

Does it sync resume points as well?

6. HDGuy

HDGuy Active Member

As in where you left off in a show or movie? Trakt is capable of that (the Kodi Trakt plug-in can do it) but that’s not implemented on the Z9X.

7. Trakt update #73.
    Verified that is seems to work with movies (well, I tried with 1), so the "Weeds Special" issue seems limited to TV shows

8. Junkie_000

Junkie_000 New Member

I have a copy of Jumanji Welcome to the Jungle when I try play it on the Z9X it says "can not play video". It works perfectly on the Zidoo X10. Can anyone else test this?

boolian likes this.
  9. boolian

boolian Member

Does this 6.3.98 work on Z10 Pro?

10. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

No; it e.g has a different display and a fan. Patience is a virtue.

11. boolian

boolian Member

What is the most recent beta firmware for Z10 Pro? I have 6.3.92

12. TifKag

TifKag Active Member

That is the latest for Z10 Pro

13. HDGuy

HDGuy Active Member

In Realtek developers options if you set, “Ignoring HDMI EDID” to ON auto refresh rate and resolution changing doesn’t work. It should still work, that’s the whole point. Some TVs like my Vizio P85QX-H1 can display every refresh rate natively even though it’s not part of the EDID.

Also, does the Z9X support 720p/23Hz and 480p/23Hz output? I’m fairly certain my TV can output that even though they’re not officially part of the NTSC/HD spec.

boolian likes this.
  14. Armin Moesslacher

Armin Moesslacher Active Member

23 I would just guess your TV can do 23,976 (and maybe shows 23.......) which is supported by the Zidoo, there is NO material for 23Hz at all not used by any recording device at least none I know ;-)

15. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

Just repeating: P23 = 23,976 and P24 = 24,000
    Most material in fact is P23 therefore. Confusing? Yes some boxes/TV's call that P24 and just ignore 24.000 which is really material for too.

Last edited: May 9, 2022
    xskip and Armin Moesslacher like this.
  16. boolian

boolian Member

I guess you could use handbrake on a 1080/4k bluray to put it down to 480@23fps for file size reasons. But it would look terrible

17. Armin Moesslacher

Screenshot 2022-05-09 at 09.51.39.png

Where is that? despite device sync problems...........makes no sense.....again

18. boolian

boolian Member

where is what

19. Armin Moesslacher

the 23 Hz option? ;-)

boolian likes this.
  20. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Auto Resolution/Auto Framerate is disabled if Ignore EDID is set to on. The way around this is to export your EDID and add the addition VICs you require. I just checked an EDID for a QX series Vizio and it's pretty comprehensive - doesn't look like anything is missing.

720p23 and 480p23 are not legal HDMI modes.

At 480 only 60i is legal and at 720 only 50~60p.

The answer is to let the Zidoo upscale to either 1080p23 or 3840p23 - something has to do it so it might as well be the Zidoo as the display - it's pretty good at it!