Beta version v6.3.98 for Z9X release

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by mirror, Apr 29, 2022.

1. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Nice job!

Library management is almost an art-form and I think a lot of people miss that and expect everything to just work automatically - I learned a long time ago to put as little responsibility on the vagaries of internet sites because they have a nasty habit of pulling the rung out from under you and changing APIs at the drop of a hat without telling anyone, seemingly to just p**s people off.

When trailers were first released I saw this coming which is why I got local trailers added and I've used them exclusively ever since - once the pain of a couple of days sorting the library out was over, it's dead easy just to add a trailer (and of your choice!) when you add a movie. Also gives you the opportunity to trim them too if needs be - some have annoying adverts for associated games or content etc at the end so a quick snip with MKVToolnix does the job.

Last edited: May 1, 2022
  2. Armin Moesslacher

Armin Moesslacher Active Member

Yes tried with several .sub .idx mixtures also forced etc., thx to all of you who supported!

3. Shows watched on the z9x are still coming up as Weeds Specials: Special 2 Smokey Snippets on Trakt

4. blenky

blenky Well-Known Member

Does Trakt work correctly for people?

Since installing new beta and adding the Zidoo into Trakt it has been random.

For some reason it's only logged two items in my Trakt history - see screen shot.

On Friday I apparently watched 'Weeds Specials - Special 2 Smokey Snippets' - which I didn't!

On Saturday/Sunday it correctly logged a film I watched but not the episode of 'Outer Range' I watched earlier.

Is it supposed to log part watched programmes or just ones fully watched?

Attached Files:

5. Enet

Enet Active Member

Deepwater Horizon I get Rotten Tomatoes
    D.Strange I get both.

6. Enet

Enet Active Member

Online trailers has been working for me since the previous firmware update. It's not that important to me but I would rather this new firmware doesn't break it.

7. nc88keyz

nc88keyz Active Member

I have looked up and down for a batch file that will take file 1 ( larger file) and rename file 2 ( smaller-trailer file) to the same and append -trailer to the end. I cannot seem to find it. There are some powerful renamers out there but nothing that will do what I need it to do automatically. I have some great scripts including file to folder name, clean trash files from a folder, ( all but .mp4, mkv, nfo but i cannot find one that will take 1 file with a mask ( being -trailer) and rename file 2 from file 1. Seems simple enough but not finding it. Ive looked on stacked overflow, powertoys renamer etc. I could do it via windows or teminal @ bash but i cannot seem to find the script.

8. Deano86

Deano86 Active Member

Are you certain of this? Many times the online trailers will work initially... play for 5 to 10 seconds or so and seem like they are fine, but then will buffer for an extended time before starting and then stopping again and again. The other common symptom is an extended amount of time for the trailer to actually buffer and start compared to when they worked before. If indeed online trailers are fully working for you, what exact firmware are you on?

9. nc88keyz

nc88keyz Active Member

they sometimes play but studder very badly. its not a network issue. Its completely unusable after a few seconds. With local trailers they play everytime on command!

10. Black-Angel28

Black-Angel28 Member

What also does not work is the feedback of the native player to ZDMC whether a film has already been watched or not. Specifically, ZDMC does not automatically update the "watched status" when you have finished watching a film, series or episode.

I'm just not sure if this is a ZDMC problem alone or a specific problem with the native player.

11. darkeyes909

darkeyes909 Active Member

As much as I like my unit, it would be a game changer if hdmi in worked well.

12. MVu

MVu New Member

in HT, Is there a way to delete a downloaded subtitles from the GUI?
    I downloaded several to try, one works, the rest won't. Is there an easy way to remove all un-wanted downloaded subtitles?
    Thx.

13. TifKag

TifKag Active Member

As far as i know it can only be done in File Manager
    Go to the folder of the movie, there you will find the downloaded subtitles.
    Simply delete the subs you don't need.
    The same can be done on a desktop through Samba, or the remote interface.

14. blenky

blenky Well-Known Member

Hi, I have a Synology NAS. I have set up Radarr docker and imported all my movies into it. I've also installed AMTD via docker. However I have no idea how to integrate AMTD with Radarr! Any pointers or guides out there?

Edit: Managed to work it out! Needed to to do some housekeeping to get this to work

1) ensured all movie files are in their own folder and the folder needed to have the year. e.g 'Tenet (2020)'.
    2) No problem with ISO in a folder but Radarr shows BDMV as missing. To get round that I created empty .txt files in the root of the BDMV folders named as movie. Changed text file extension to .MKV. This fooled Radarr to show movie as downloaded.
    3) Added AMTD and got trailers within all folders - single MKV, ISO and BDMV.

Last edited: May 2, 2022
    pcristi likes this.
  15. HDGuy

HDGuy Active Member

As I said, it seems to be random. It appears it just misses some of the info.

16. Enet

Enet Active Member

Yes the trailers work, they just start and keep going until finished. I'm on the last firmware update, but as I said it has been working since the previous 1 or 2 firmware updates.

17. blenky

blenky Well-Known Member

Hopefully the issue with all TV episodes being logged into Trakt as 'Weeds Specials - Special 2 Smokey Snippets' is being looked into for next beta?

18. 3DBuff

3DBuff Well-Known Member

Trailers don't work for most of the people. It needs API keys or user account for Google / YouTube in order to work. Otherwise it's somehow random based on usage, location and some other YouTube requirements. If you use trailer from this app most likely it will stop working within days. If Google can't get user info and play commercials it's no go for them.

19. TifKag

TifKag Active Member

Most of the artwork comes from TMDB, and they also provide trailers.
    I have tried a few, and they all start playing within 1-2 seconds.

20. Enet

Enet Active Member

I've not been intentionally using it, but up until today it just automatically started. It worked a couple of days ago when I replied to this thread. It worked too well so I increased the start delay to 20 seconds. Today trailer autoplay stopped working. I've got some other stuff going on with my Internet so that may be affecting it. But selecting the trailer button to play the trailer still works, just very very slowly. I will check again tomorrow.

Update:
    It does seem to be my local Internet causing issues as some auto trailers do work but take some time to start up.