Beta version v6.3.98 for Z9X release

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by mirror, Apr 29, 2022.

1. mirror

mirror Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Zidoo TECH Supporter

System
    1.Optimized the system CEC function.
    2.Fixed the audio stuttering problem when it is output through USB.

Poster Wall
    1. Added Trakt playback record synchronization function.
    2. Optimized imdb scanning function.
    3. Fixed the problem that the information is displayed incorrectly in the poster list mode.
    4. Fixed the problem failing to get Rotten Tomatoes score.

Local Player
    1. Fixed the problem of missing SUB subtitles individually.
    2. Fixed the problem that online videos cannot automatically load subtitles.
    3. Fixed the problem that manually added SUP subtitles cannot be loaded automatically.

Music Player
    1. Optimized the problem of occasional lag for some CUE audio playback.
    2. Optimized the UI display for some interfaces.
    3. Optimized the music scanning speed.

File Manager
    1. Fixed the problem that some UPNP servers could not obtain data.

Z9X
    v6.3.98
    http://apidl.zidoo.tv/Z9X/v6.3.98/Z9X_P_v6.3.98_202204292046_ota-package.zip
    MD5: ED5DAF6D69D3CA0BD26F10FF5034722D
    ----------------------------
    v6.3.98_G http://apidl.zidoo.tv/Z9X/v6.3.98/Z9X_P_v6.3.98_G_202204292056_ota-package.zip
    MD5: FEE514D84E31C72C7937675C788BC38B

DIKKE, Largi, dr4go and 13 others like this.
  2. vddan

vddan Active Member

3. serg fedorov

serg fedorov Active Member

Problems with sound on SPDIF. No sound, for example: https://controlc.com/36ffc3a7
    There are several films in the collection with this problem.
    But in other films, there are no problems with the same soundtrack. For example: https://controlc.com/ab9f0780
    Tried changing the settings. Sound appears only when I switch to stereo mode. Sound degradation does not work in these cases.
    This is a longstanding problem, at least since the 88th firmware, and possibly earlier.

The question is, why are there such different results on the same sound format? Perhaps it needs to be fixed in the next firmware?
    Thank you.

4. blenky

blenky Well-Known Member

Does this firmware

1) fix 5 second audio delay coming out of pause for DD playback
    2) fix movie trailers

If it doesn't not much interest to me.

5. Purple

Purple New Member

Edit- fixed my issue with matches.

Last edited: May 2, 2022
  6. Black-Angel28

Black-Angel28 Member

What about the other problems and errors of HT? I have written a summary (last Post) here. Are you still tackling them?

In addition to the summary, there was an error that HT did not read in all films despite the correct nfo file. Kodi can handle this without any problems...

7. János

János New Member

It has been a problem for me for a long time to set the language of the device to Hungarian, only note it until I turn it off. When I turn it on, it returns to English.

8. Yohmi

Yohmi Member

I think this firmware is about what's listed on the first message.

AngryVirginian and darkeyes909 like this.
  9. blenky

blenky Well-Known Member

Yes I know - I was making a point.

Adding new (and broken) features instead of focusing on existing issues. Seems to be a pattern recently

As mentioned in the alpha thread played items getting logged into Trakt as

Weeds: Specials
    Special 2 Smokey Snippets

10. HDGuy

HDGuy Active Member

This firmware is still having difficulty scraping both IMDB and Rotten Tomatoes ratings. Some movies display both, some just one, some nothing. I totally removed my library and rescraped and am still having problems.

For example:

Deepwater Horizon got nothing.
    Doctor Strange got both Rotten Tomatoes and IMDB.
    District 9 got nothing.
    The Invisible Man (2020) only IMDB
    Life of Pi nothing.

Seems totally random.

11. Random_Vibration

Random_Vibration Active Member

Well, it would appear that CEC is working better for my LG C6 / Marantz combo. Initially, it was the polar opposite for the Sony X85J.

I installed the current firmware while connected to X85J and CEC didn't work at all even after a couple of power cycles. Then I tried the C6 thru a HDMI port on a Marantz reciever and it worked perfectly. That didn't make sense so I tried the X85J a second time and it worked perfectly there too. Long story short, CEC seems to be working as it should at the moment.

HT, on the other hand, isn't working as well. It occasionally will crash when resuming a movie started before the firmware update. Even starting a new movie, HT will sometimes crash out of a movie. HT stability has gone down (for me atleast) while CEC stability has gone up. Thanks for fixing CEC. Hopefully, that thanks isn't premature.

12. serg fedorov

Have you installed the firmware with Google services "G" before this update?
    If so, then welcome to the club. HT4 has been having problems with "G" firmware for a long time. It is expressed exactly as you describe.
    Empirically found out that NT4 works stably on a clean installation of firmware without "G". I now have version 90, which has no problems with HT4 and other players and programs.

13. blenky

blenky Well-Known Member

I use G firmware. What specific issues are there with HT4 and G firmware? I've never noticed anything.

14. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

I suspect this is a case of the box getting it's knickers in a twist as they do on occasion - a factory reset (backup HT database first!) will probably solve it.

15. Armin Moesslacher

Armin Moesslacher Active Member

wow so cool the .sub .idx issue got fixed, THANKS Zidoo!!!!!!!!

16. serg fedorov

Problems with HT4 on firmware with "G" arise after installing third-party players and programs. For example, mx player, lazumedia deluxe, kodi, etc.
    When using them, HT4 starts to fly out, reboot. It becomes impossible to use it.
    This problem is described in the branches of 92 and 96 firmware by other forum members.
    I managed to use third-party programs and players only on version 90 without "G". HT4 works perfectly. Other programs and players work just as well.

17. serg fedorov

On firmware 92, resetting to factory settings with version "G" will not work. I tried.
    This reset option works on all firmwares (66,75,88,90) except 92. On 92 "G" you already need to roll back on the full image 0.22, and only then install any other one.

18. 3DBuff

3DBuff Well-Known Member

OK, I've heard enough. No G for me ;)

19. leonkoum

leonkoum Active Member Beta test group

Online trailers unfortunately is totally broken for me … :(

(Dune is doing better here…)