Beta version v6.3.75 for Z9X/Z10 Pro/Z1000 Pro/UHD3000 release.

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by mirror, Jan 22, 2022.

1. Prometheus

Prometheus Member

Still a bug on the "Clean Up" function. On "Cache Cleaner" the App Cache & Unload residue are still showing respectively 0.0MB for App Cache & 0B for Unload Residue.

2. cVVGLabs

cVVGLabs Active Member

There is such I confirm.

3. emb531

emb531 Member

Anyone notice that the Z9X ethernet port is not full gigabit speed? It is tied to a USB2.0 port on the mainboard, so only capable of 480Mbps. Still enough bandwidth, but pretty lazy engineering in my opinion.

4. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

I have seen up to 108 GByte/sec SMB Server upload on it. :)

Bill-Z9X and darkeyes909 like this.
  5. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Not sure what makes you think that but both USB and ethernet are independently SOC controlled. The USB ports connect more or less directly to the SOC and the ethernet port goes via an SG24002 10/100/1000base_T transformer.

xskip likes this.
  6. darkeyes909

darkeyes909 Active Member

my dune does 109 but my z1000 pro never gets above 85.

7. emb531

emb531 Member

Copying a file to the Z9X via SMB only able to reach ~53MB/s (half of gigabit speed) - is this perhaps a limit of the internal storage speed on the Zidoo?

Attached Files:

8. blenky

blenky Well-Known Member

Are you sure about that. I'm sure there are many users that would like to see some work put into menu support. Zidoos list this feature as one of its main feature - see below - so should work on improving it.

"*Support BD/BD3D/UHD full Blu-ray navigation and complex MPLS structure Blu-ray seamless branching playback."

Agree about about the audio delay though.

rozel likes this.
  9. UTAVATU

UTAVATU Active Member

Dear @Markswift2003

You're the best source for such information, so if you don't mind I would be glad for your explanation, I mean...

For example:

- I have few 1080p@23 SDR movie files, but 99% are 2160@23 DV/HDR10
    - I have Sony KD55XF9005 (DV, HDR10, 2160p native);
    - I have Zidoo Z9X with below settings:
    -- Playback/Automatic frame rate/Frame rate mode: Switch frame rate only
    -- Display/HDR: Auto
    -- Display/Color Settings/4K 50~60Hz: Priority YUV420 10BIT
    -- Display/Color Settings/4K 23~30Hz: Priority YUV444 10BIT
    -- Display/Color Settings/Non-4K: Priority YUV444 8BIT
    -- Display/Color Settings/HDMI Range: 16-235
    -- Display/HDMI Mode: 3840x2160p 23Hz

1. In such case playing 1080p@23 SDR movie file will be upscalled to 2160p@23 SDR by Z9X or my Sony TV?
    2. What will be changed, when I will set Playback/Automatic frame rate/Frame rate mode to: Switch frame rate and resolution instead Switch frame rate only (which one would be better in matter of picture quality)?
    3. What is the best scenario (options in Z9X) for playing 1080p@23 SDR, when I would like to leave Display/HDMI Mode: 3840x2160p 23Hz?

Thank you in advance for your help and support.

Sincerely

10. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

1 - It will be upscaled by the Zidoo to 3840x2160p since you haven't got Switch Frame Rate and Resolution set.

2 - The Zidoo will output 1080p natively and the TV will upscale - you'll have to judge which is better but I wouldn't expect much if any subjective difference.

3 - It depends on your observations of #2 but I'd say leave settings as you have them listed above. The only thing I'd experiment with is to set HDR to LLDV and see if you like the effect of HDR and SDR being upscaled to LLDV.

UTAVATU likes this.
  11. Visconti12

Visconti12 Active Member

Obviously the network speed is the main concern as the specs for Z9X and Zappiti One 4K One are about the same, chipset and memory usage. I'm using ethernet connection for both boxes and Zappiti is able to play files of upto 15GB flawlessly and Z8X not over 2-3GB. The NAS is 3km away from home and the connection is by antenna. Both are working under same scenario. The possible issues could be:
    1) Ethernet port for Z9Z is not operating full gigabit speed.
    2) Operating system for SBM of Zappiti is more capable than Zidoo.

12. Armin Moesslacher

Armin Moesslacher Active Member

My Z9X has no problems anymore either with SMB or NFS with files >10GB (they are up to 60GB in some cases)

13. cucnz

cucnz Active Member

simplest test run dsl speed test via the google apps

actually i retried mine

on PC, via chrome
    and got 300Mbps Down
    109Mbps up

Installed Ookla speed test app
    326Mbps Down
    109Mbps Up

retested using browser and chrome via app
    ookla was at max

you can easily test the network speed of your Zidoo Z9Z

im getting the maz my Fibre runs at which is 300Mbps down/100Mbps up

14. Franconian

Franconian Active Member

The Ethernet port is fine.

Many UHD/4K files don’t even need 100 mbps, some other have 150-200 mbps spikes at maximum.

So even if the port theoretical doesn’t the full 1000 mbps standard it’s capable of playing everything that’s out there.

I have files with HDR/DV and 130 GB size that are working flawless.

Don’t even bother with Wifi.

Bill-Z9X likes this.
  15. godalmighty

godalmighty Active Member

definitely something wrong with your networking or maybe your hardrive
    zidoo transfer rate.png
    me using 8Tb WD my book attach to USB3.0 port and for the network using mikrotik router
    copy that files from my PC using SMB from windows11

and this is when i copying .iso files
    zidoo transfer rate2.png
    dont know why it drop down a little bit

Last edited: Jan 29, 2022
    Bill-Z9X likes this.
  16. Bill-Z9X

Bill-Z9X Active Member

A WLan connection over 3 km is definitely not stable, maybe Zappiti buffers better than Zidoo?
    It is not due to the LAN connection of Zidoo.

17. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

The Google Play Store doen't work anymore with my Z9X (clean machine). It says it is not registered.
    A factory reset and next starting the APP does not show the GSFID.

Looking at the registrations site my GSFID for that player Z9X is already there but the player seems not not to report it anymore to Google either.

When running the APP it also says a newer version is found. Installing that update doesn't change things. But obviously the latest should have been bundled too.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2022
  18. Visconti12

Visconti12 Active Member

Yes, this maybe one of the reason. At any case, I'd like to know from Zidoo whether any other box may process/work better on this scenario.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2022
  19. TifKag

TifKag Active Member

Than you have to mail them !!!.

A few people said their speeds are good, and my speeds are around 95 MB up and down.

"Dear All, Chinese Spring Festival is coming soon, Zidoo company will close from Jan 26th (Wednesday) to Feb 7th (Monday). Please contact service@zidoo.tv for any urgent message during the holiday, we will get back to you soon on Feb 8th (Tuesday). Hope you have a joyful 2022! Best regards, Zidoo Team"

20. I had the problem of dropouts now I just taken the power off fore 2 hours and now the zidoo is working correctly again