Beta version v6.3.75 for Z9X/Z10 Pro/Z1000 Pro/UHD3000 release.

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by mirror, Jan 22, 2022.

1. Yohmi

Yohmi Member

I don't have this problem with SMB either, it has always worked fine. I'm using Ethernet with a QNAP NAS. Sometimes, that's pretty rare but it happened before, on heavy files (say, UHD remux), it will stop multiple times. I don't know what's the reason, but the last time it happened, I just had to reboot the Z9X and it worked perfectly (same file and setup), and didn't show up again. I've been unable to reproduce the bug, it just happens sometimes, but very rarely.

2. Nicholas Hewitt

Nicholas Hewitt Active Member

same here! I name Everything "MovieName (Date).mkv" I got a lot of WWF matches and so did a few other people. The names of the movies were not anywhere near being close to the WWF titles names so it did not make a lot of sense. I had two movies that were two totally different names and both of them got matched to the same WWF event....lol

3. mirror

mirror Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Zidoo TECH Supporter

Do you enabled the bookmark option?

4. Visconti12

Visconti12 Active Member

I think yes, but let me double check later when back to home.

5. Visconti12

Visconti12 Active Member

I'll check about bookmark setting.
    SBM: Z9X misbehaviour is quite clear in comparison with Zappiti which is working fine under same network system. Is there any setting or alternative in Zidoo?

Edit:
    1) @Markswift2003, you're fully right. With "Bookmarks on" the resume play function works flawlessly. This one should be on by default.

Last edited: Jan 25, 2022
  6. I have sound and video dropouts after instelling the new 6.3.75 I hope zidoo wil fix it soon there is no watching movies like dis whit my z1000pro

7. AngryVirginian

AngryVirginian Active Member

Always reboot the Zidoo twice after firmware update. Someone told me that when I had stuttering playback after like the .45 update.

m0j0 likes this.
  8. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

That's good advice - maybe twice is overkill, and I purposefully don't reboot to see if anything misbehaves.

For example, last week I installed a test firmware and the box went bonkers - only PCM stereo output, unable to change HDR modes and a couple of other things and a hard reboot fixed it. Doesn't usually happen, and oddly doesn't happen to everyone, but a quick hard reboot after an update is good practice.

9. Yes I always reboot it 2 ore 3 times but its not helping and it seems to be only on mkv and really bad wen it has dtsx sound whit dolby atmos sound it only wil dropout a few Times

Last edited: Jan 25, 2022
  10. Visconti12

Visconti12 Active Member

I can't reproduce this issue in local drive but in network-NAS only. In my case after .45 update means no difference.

Jeff64 likes this.
  11. I never had dis problems before and I have all my movies on a nas

12. AngryVirginian

AngryVirginian Active Member

@Visconti12, the only time that my Zidoo had a performance problem reading from my Synology DS1821+ NAS was when the NAS was undergoing scheduled data scrubbing. Are you sure that you are connecting at 1gbps and is there anything running on the NAS (maintenance job, VMs, apps, etc)?

13. Yes I'm sure because my zidoo z9x is still on the older version and works correctly

14. Stratos_K

Stratos_K Member

I can confirm that the new v6.3.75 firmware has solved the stuttering of certain Dolby Vision UHD re-encodes that had the following HDR format in the Mediainfo

HDR format : Dolby Vision, Version 1.0, dvhe.07.06, BL+EL+RPU, Blu-ray compatible / SMPTE ST 2086, HDR10 compatible

I had 3 movies with this exact format and all three of them were stuttering or the image would completely freeze while audio would continue to play. The new firmware has completely fixed this. All three of them now playback smoothly. Great fix Zidoo!!!

JosephB. and AngryVirginian like this.
  15. Joe C

Joe C Member

Not mentioned in the notes in the first post, but the option to disable the Ethernet connection lights is now there.

Thank you for that, I brought it up recently and this is a wonderful fix for me

16. Markswift2003

"1. Added the function to turn off the indicator light of Ethernet." ;)

17. Markswift2003

Just to be clear this was not an issue with dvhe.07.06, it was a problem of poorly encoded files.

The files in question had base layers HDR10 encoded to reduce size however it was badly done and the RPU was missing data. The devs found a way to sidestep that.

JosephB. likes this.
  18. cVVGLabs

cVVGLabs Active Member

Where and how to do it? Do not show on screenshots?

19. Armin Moesslacher

Armin Moesslacher Active Member

The display of .sub with .idx files in the native player still has the same flaws as reported the last 10 firmwares.......ZDMC internal player has NEVER problems with them. would anyone like the files to check, or is it a common problem Zidoo knows about it from start ;-) ?

.srt working as usual

20. Visconti12

Visconti12 Active Member

Hi @AngryVirginian, the issue is related to Zidoo as I said earlier my Zappiti is working fine in same network cable connection. Speed is more than 1gbps. Honestly this is one of my priority fight from the first day I've got a Z9X and last 6-8 firmware versions. The only way to run med-large files is by local drive.