Beta version v6.3.66 for Z9X/Z10 Pro/Z1000 Pro/UHD3000 release

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by mirror, Dec 22, 2021.

1. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

It is the official Zidoo forum, devs do occasionally participate and posts are read by them but in your case all that is known so far is that you have some Xvid files that don't play with Media Info reports that tell us the codec.

However, I just tested some random Xvid examples I downloaded from the internet and they play fine so in order to find out what the issue is and whether it's fixable, it has to be replicated and in order to do that, files are required.

If you want top PM me a couple of examples I can see what I can do.

Otherwise, as I posted above, the email address is service@zidoo.tv

2. Netmask

Netmask Well-Known Member

It’s probably been mentioned before but xvid’s with packed bit streams are problematic. Solution is to unpack them with mpeg4modifier. I had around 50 like this. Unpacking fixed them but I decided to convert them to H264 anyway. Used Vidcoder

xskip, Markswift2003 and DaMacFunkin like this.
  3. Markswift2003

Good advice, thank you!

4. Nejiro

Nejiro Member

I noticed that my Z9X has a lot of difficulty playing MKV files with Flac audio tracks inside ..... I have Bluray Audio that I have transformed into MKV, in the bluray there are three audio tracks all at 96kHz, pcm 5.1, pcm 2.0 and dts-hd 5.1, to save space I transformed both pcm tracks into flac but the mkv file fails to start if I try to play it, if instead I put the pcm tracks it is played, why?
    Thank you

5. Impact

Impact New Member

Then i'll try this first before sending samples to @Markswift2003 .
    I searched for an alternative for OSX and found Handbrake.
    I've never done something like this before and overall will search for a h.264 setting so keep your fingers crossed ;)
    I just hope that the quality will be at least preserved and not worser.

pcristi likes this.
  6. Tony77

Tony77 Member

EXACTLY! & yes, I did mention previously its only PACKED XVID Bitstream that are problematic, & of course Divx. Aside from the early & weird DIVX versions you can just change the file extension to .AVI & zidoo will play. To INSURE it works use 'mpeg4modifier' or FOURCC changer, or a batch file, to change the files fourcc codec identifier from divx to XVID! no reencoding, LOSSLESS ;)

MPEG4MODIFIER:
    https://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=78050
    http://www.moitah.net/

Last edited: Jan 8, 2022
  7. Temearoo

Temearoo Active Member

If you are talking about the new "feature" displaying the name of the season on the details page with TMDb (season, 01, season 02...), yes that's completely pointless: we have a poster just next to it with the same information and the name of the show in bonus.

For TVMaze and TVDb, is that the summary of each episod which is not in french, as it is supposed to be?

vddan likes this.
  8. lanz

lanz Member

Personally, I gave up automatic scraping in French with HT, I use TinyMediaManager and I have almost no more problems.

9. Temearoo

Temearoo Active Member

I gave a try to the scrape in french of my whole collection with the last firmware, to see how it did. No movies in Unmatched anymore but much more wrong matched than in my previous tests. In fact, all the movies that used to be in unmatched for different reasons (even if I use the official title from TMDb, including the date release in brackets) were matched as World Wrestling videos o_O. The scrape even merged 2 movies for a part of them to the match found and I had more wrong match with movies that never had any problem to be identify with the previous firmwares. At the end, I had twice as many bad results compared to what I had usually.

I didn't understand why some new french users were complaining about the accuracy of the scrape. Now, I do. With this firmware, scraping in language other than english is a mess for a significant part of the results… :confused: A part of them gave up with Zidoo and tried a Dune HD, with a much better result of their scrape. And I will not talk about their complains about the BD Menu and the mix of bad french and english in the UI... Hard to defend Zidoo vs some competitors for some basic points right now. :rolleyes:

I still hit 100% with my TV shows, using TMDb, but if TVDb starts to be a pb in french too…

vddan likes this.
  10. papirus

papirus Member

Friends ,

We later installed the v6.3.66_G software on the Zidoo Z9X, which we bought from Amazon on December 7, but the GSF ID code does not appear on the device screen after the installation.

We have done Factory Reset many times, but the result has not changed and the GSF ID code is not visible on the device.

upload_2022-1-8_17-0-53.png

Since the seller is Amazon, we don't think we bought a fake product, but there is something strange and we haven't figured it out yet.

upload_2022-1-8_16-59-35.png

Anyone have any ideas or advice on this?

Attached Files:

11. Markswift2003

Don't worry - that's a Zidoo Mac address :)

You need to open the Google Play Store and exit first to populate the GSF ID.

12. Nejiro

Nejiro Member

Can anyone tell me anything? By any chance there are other lossless formats that I can use besides flac in mkv files? I tried Alac but it doesn't go ...

13. robinb

robinb Member

when will this version be released as final version ?

14. Djdragon

Djdragon Member

What CEC control means, Zidoo has a very good working Cec when it runs directly on the TV (Philips 65oled805). If I compare it directly to a Dune HDVision Solo 4K, Zidoo is better now. I can only praise it. Even if my TV is on a different HDMI input and the HOME button on Zidoo is pressed, my OLED will jump to the Zidoo's HDMI input. That's how it should be.

15. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

Confirmed but with an AMP inbetween it doesn't work at all.

puremind, AngryVirginian and PhonerX like this.
  16. Djdragon

Djdragon Member

I have a Denon AVR x2400h, now I have no way of trying it, but I will try again.
    And what is to blame for the fact that CEC no longer works via AV? Do you mean CEC in Zidoo or in your Onkyo? Have you already tested your Onkyo with other players?

17. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

As it is claimed to work added this to my aggregated problem overview.

30. HDMI CEC control not functional using an AMP inbetween
    - It works for the TV but does nothing for the AMP. Volume control will still change the volume on my TV (with sound turned off) not the AMP and it does not select the correct port on my AMP. Turning my TV On/Off doesn't help either as it should do that also for both the TV and AMP (configurable for each).
    - The current HDMI-CEC implementation may also render e(ARC) not working between the TV and AMP with some combinations of TV and AMP (HDMI-CEC blocker is then needed)

Last edited: Jan 9, 2022
    PhonerX likes this.
  18. Armin Moesslacher

Armin Moesslacher Active Member

maybe ;-) but still you can play it on the Z9X if you want, despite the fancy HT (I personally do not use it).

And ZDMC is a Kodi derivat from Zidoo for their players ;-)

The problem with such files exist since VERY long time already on Popcorn, WDTV devices etc etc :) long history so I would not blame Zidoo for that. Encoding these files in a new format could be a solution but of course time demanding...

best regards,

Armin

19. puremind

puremind New Member

Got my Z9X today... tweaking settings all day to get it to work, ended up with this HDMI CEC volume issue to resolve.

Volume over HDMI CEC to AVR simply doesn't work, tried all combos on the settings.

Firmware : 6.3.66
    TV : LG B6
    AMP : Denon X3500H

This works as intended:
    -it DOES switch the amp to the Zidoo HDMI when pressing Home button on the Zidoo
    -if DOES turn off the TV & AMP when the Zidoo is sent to standby

Volume from Zidoo to HDMI CEC does NOT work. Volume buttons are useless in all cases.
    This must be some sort of software bug, it cannot be that the Zidoo does make the AMP switch to the right HDMI and turns it off when sent to standby however volume controls are ignored, however not having the problem with the TV, I can change AMP volume with the TV remote via HMDI CEC.

I also have a Vero 4K+ and volume works ok too via HDMI CEC, this is the only case I see the problem.

Any suggestions? It is a bit ridiculous that I am forced to use two remotes, one to control the playback and the TV remote for volume controls...

In case it helps others, my other main issue without an obvious fix was DV 2160p content was played in DV 1080p (not the original 2160p) when the option "LLDV" was selected... weirdly enough.
    Using the "Regular DV" option made the DV to play back proper in 2160p.
    Perhaps there is an explanation for this, perhaps that is something else that can be firmware-fixed... bugged with that for a while until I found the right setting to change.

Besides that and a couple of other minor gotchas, everything looks good. Hoping the couple of bugs/issues can be resolved shortly.

20. Markswift2003

Not sure why 2160p LLDV outputs at 1080p - it shouldn't, and generally doesn't! But if you can send me a copy of the EDID with both the Amp and TV connected and just the TV connected I should be able to tell you why..

"Settings/Display/Custom EDID/Save EDID" and change the file extension from .bin to .txt to post.