Beta version v6.3.66 for Z9X/Z10 Pro/Z1000 Pro/UHD3000 release

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by mirror, Dec 22, 2021.

1. puremind

puremind New Member

I hope the hdmi cec volume does work for that 8k chip thing, because I can’t see anyone buying a player for the 8k tv that cannot change the volume on the amp. Not funny to have to use two remote controllers.

2. DELUCAS

DELUCAS Well-Known Member

If you Google cec you will find a majority of manufactures have cec issues ongoing even Apple !
    And it breaks then works then breaks then works with each firmware implemented .

We as we call it cec the work of the Devil .

A majority are not bothered about it and never enable it as it causes headaches .

i would not hold my breath on it fully working .

3. puremind

puremind New Member

All the devices I have work well, and I have a few.
    The only one which implementation is buggy is on this device. Needless to say if the device powers on the amp and tv , why doesn’t it manage the volume ?
    Pity things as basic as this are not done properly.

4. MVu

MVu New Member

Bug?
    If I set Display/Resolution to Auto,
    then set Display/HDR to "Dolby Vision Low Latency (LLDV, YUV422, 12Bit)",
    The HDR setting will not stick. Switching in/out, playing different movies, Power off, back on, HDR setting reverts back to Auto.

5. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

upload_2022-1-11_13-28-41.png

6. MVu

MVu New Member

I already had a custom EDID set on the Z9X. Still HDR reverts back to Auto.

Locking the Resolution would prevent that from happening.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2022
  7. Markswift2003

Yes, Resolution Lock is needed for cold starting but it has no effect for "Switching in/out, playing different movies" as you posted.

8. MVu

MVu New Member

Just to clarify, if I left Resolution on Auto, not LOCKed. Leaving the whole system ON (Vertex, Receiver, Projector all ON). Just reboot Z9X (custom EDID set), it will revert HDR setting to Auto from VS10 LLDV. Colors on home screen, HT 4 are all messed up because Z9X is not sending video mapped to BT2020, which is where I set my projector to.

9. Djn04

Djn04 New Member

I’d really like to see the volume control fixed as well. It’s the only thing stopping me from ordering the new Bluetooth remote.

PhonerX and puremind like this.
  10. Markswift2003

That's not the behaviour I'm seeing.

You don't need to use Custom EDID in the Zidoo if you have a Vertex (you didn't mention that either!).

Ideally the Vertex should be before the amp so:

Z9X > Vertex > Amp > PJ

I'm assuming you don't switch the Vertex off.

This is how I use the Z9X, with an LLDV EDID in the Vertex and connected as above in both my cinema and my den (PJ in one, Samsung flatscreen in the other).

Regardless of whether I have Resolution Auto or set to a discrete value (I usually set to 4K23) and regardless of whether Resolution lock is on or off, the Z9X always boots up to the correct resolution (4K23) and HDR mode (LLDV).

HDR mode will always, and generally only, revert to Auto on a change in EDID so somehow I think that's what must be happening.

What EDID are you using on the Vertex?

(I'm expecting you to say Automix btw)

11. MVu

MVu New Member

That's strange. I'll need to experiment more. I have:

Z9X > Vertex1 out 0 > Projector. Vertex1 out 1 > Receiver just for audio.

I used your EDID "Full + BT.2020 1000nit LLDV + HDR10+" in both Z9X and Vertex and I assume that Z9X will ignore Vertex EDID. Initially, I used it only in Vertex. But seeing the Z9X reverts HDR setting, I tried custom EDID for it too.
    I thought doesn't matter what Vertex or projector sent, Z9X will ignore and always use the custom EDID.

Thanks for your help. I'll update once I have more info.

12. Markswift2003

Hmm - the reason I said I expected you to say Automix was because that relies on external EDIDs...

So yes, you're right, the Custom EDID in the Zidoo will take priority over the Vertex and the Vertex will be ignored. Can't quite figure out what's going on here, but try this, in this order:

1. Set HDR to Mapping HDR10 (just to set to something different than current. This will also reset Resolution to Auto)

2. Set Resolution to 1080p60 (again, just so it changes)

3. Now Set HDR to LLDV (again Resolution will set to Auto)

4. Set Resolution to desired value (or leave on Auto)

5. Set Resolution Lock On (shouldn't be needed, but might as well)

Now power the zidoo on and off.

I just tried exactly this procedure and LLDV was maintained through soft and hard reboots. It kind of resets the logic.

13. MVu

MVu New Member

Tried your suggested Steps. The only thing that matters is Step 5, whether Resolution Lock is On or Off. It it was Off, after a restart, HDR setting will revert to Auto from LLDV. If Resolution Lock was ON, the HDR setting will stay in LLDV. I went through the steps twice, both times the Z9X gave same results.

BTW, I should have this in the Beta 6.3.66 forum, that's the firmware I used.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2022
  14. Markswift2003

Conversation moved to correct forum.

As I say - this doesn't happen to me so I wonder if it's something to do with the split on the output of the Vertex - although this shouldn't affect anything using a Custom EDID in the Zidoo...

Anyway, if setting Resolution Lock ON works, just do that...

15. MVu

MVu New Member

Thanks Markswift2003 for all your help.

Please keep pushing Zidoo developers to add feature to send HDR signal to TV/Projector to activate HDR mode, then there's no need for HDFury anymore if we don't need its other features.

16. Markswift2003

I asked about that ages ago but heard nothing and kind of forgot about it.

We know the SOC can do it because the GUI can be HDR10 which requires a system generated HDR SEI message...

lawdawg likes this.
  17. Djdragon

Djdragon Member

Couple question.
    1-After switching on the Zidoo immediately and then opening the selected cover collection folder, the pictures with covers always open slowly, but only when opening for the first time, if I navigate somewhere else and then come back to the same cover folder, then it works more quickly . Have you ever made the recommendation to save the cover database in a certain location, then from there everywhere and to get the pictures on the cover faster after switching on? Otherwise I have about 100 films. I am using a NAS Sinology DS 118.

2-With this remote control you have to press more and more often 2 times or even several times, and then zidoo jumps several commands at the same time. Do you give a recommendation or does Zidoo know this problem?

Thanks in advance

Last edited: Jan 24, 2022
  18. Markswift2003

1 - This only happens the first time you view the poster wall after a full scan. After that the posters are cached and appear very quickly.

When I first do a full scan (which I do a LOT!) I always scroll all the way down the "All" poster wall to cache the posters.

2 - I don't have a Z1000 but I did read somewhere about the location of the bluetooth aerials in the unit causing reception issues. Others with a Z1000 may be able to shed more light.

19. Djdragon

Djdragon Member

Thank you very much .
    If you may ask, what do you need to do a full scan for, and more often?

20. Markswift2003

Just testing - I'm often trying to replicate bugs, testing new versions etc etc.

But I also have a Z9X in my cinema which hasn't had a full rescan in many months and that's rock solid.

darkeyes909 likes this.