Beta version v6.3.66 for Z9X/Z10 Pro/Z1000 Pro/UHD3000 release

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by mirror, Dec 22, 2021.

1. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

It wasn't Zidoo that deleted the posts, it was me - if you want to start an off topic discussion feel free to do it in "Other" but this thread was derailed.

The deletions were in no way politically motivated and I also deleted my own posts - it was quite simply to get us back on topic.

If you want your account deleting, please confirm in a PM and I will do so immediately.

Tarantula, xskip, leonkoum and 7 others like this.
  2. I need expert help on smba file transfer between PC and box. I solved the discovery issue from both sides connected via ethernet LAN. But now strange problem is arrising. My copy speed from PC to zidoo is fast(50mb/s) for 1st min or so and then the copy speed decreased to 10mb/s and at the end 1mb/s. The decrease in speed is gradual. And overall time to copy becomes TOO slow. There are no file transfer errors. What can be the reason? I changed my cables. Restarted both devices. Still same. My HTPC is latest in all aspects with win 10. Can some internet file sharing expert guide for troubleshooting? My PC and box are directly connected via LAN(No router in between, i am sharing wifi internet via PC wifi adapter to ethernet adapter of PC which gives internet access to box directly via Lan)

3. Djdragon

Djdragon Member

Hi

Could it be that you have to pull out the power plug completely after reinstalling the firmware? Because after complete disconnection from the electricity, it works again as it should. And no longer freezes.

4. Sledgehamma

Sledgehamma Well-Known Member

I think that @OlivierQC wrote this somewhere and it’s also recommended on a German Philips TV blog after each FW update. To be honest I never did and never had any problems.

Djdragon likes this.
  5. Djdragon

Djdragon Member

Thanks for information. Hopefully it stays that way.

6. Any help?

7. OlivierQC

OlivierQC Well-Known Member

Like Sledge, I rarely do a reboot of the box after an update but it seems that it solves eventual problems for some and it costs nothing to do it.

Glad your problems are solved

Djdragon likes this.
  8. Djdragon

Djdragon Member

Apparently I am such an important person that android-mediaplayer.de speaks about me again and again in German. It's really an honor for me.:)

"Dune should shift down a gear again, the VIP +++ customer now has a Z1000 Pro and will therefore probably no longer bother her"

Unfortunately, I can't promise that.

;)

Last edited: Jan 4, 2022
  9. Djdragon

Djdragon Member

Leider immer noch nicht
    Gestern Abend habe ich eine Festplatte angeschlossen, und nach einiger Zeit abends wieder ausgeschaltet, und beim Herunterfahren im Standby fror sie wieder ein und reagierte nicht mehr, ich sehe nicht mehr, was wieder zu diesem Problem führen kann ? !
    Ich habe schon mehrmals einen Reset durchgeführt, erst auf die Original-Firmware umgestellt, dann wieder auf die neue. Nein, egal um welche Firmware es sich handelt, es tritt immer wieder auf.

Ich habe dies bei zidoo.de gemeldet (von dort gekauft) und wir werden sehen, ob jemand einen Umtausch vornimmt oder Geld zurückgibt.

Last edited: Jan 4, 2022
  10. OlivierQC

OlivierQC Well-Known Member

ok sorry to hear that

11. Djdragon

Djdragon Member

A question :)
    In between I also test with old firmware, with the first firmware v6.0.22 for example when I search for films on the cover via smb (Nas Sinology DS118), Zidoo does not ask for a password, but with newer firmware always asks for a password. The password is deactivated in Synology for the request.
    Has it already been changed in the current firmware so that it should always ask for a password, even if it is switched off on the NAS?

12. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Tick "Anonymous" and it should only happen the first time you access the drive.

Djdragon likes this.
  13. Djdragon

Djdragon Member

I don't want to keep reporting the problem myself, but I would like a new video showing my 1000 Pro freezing. And from behind with a switch it only works if I wait for the clock to disappear completely.

14. DELUCAS

DELUCAS Well-Known Member

Really odd your having a few issues and frustrating for you :(
    Either there is something is interfering / causing this issue ………?

or you have a defective unit ?

Im one from years back informing people to reboot box after each firmware update and if powering off Box .

I do power off my box when not in use and also if used played with a hell of a lot for many many hours i power it off if it causes any hassle .

But mine does power off unlike yours .

Z10 PRO Models

15. cucnz

cucnz Active Member

Most of your issues seem to be MP4s?

ive ALWAYS converted mp4s to mkv cos lots of players have issues with them

run your MP4 thats main issue thru mkvtoolnix
    convert it to mkv and see if issues still exist

as for Full power discoonect resets
    a couple members say they never have to after a firmware update
    AND a lot of us say do it cos (for me ) theres usually stuttering issues and weird playback till its done
    this ONLY started happening thou about 4 to 6 months back ,it WASNT an issue before then

only takes a min to full unplug power wait 30 secs a min (capacitive discharge etc) and then power back on

16. DELUCAS

It sounds like his issues are playing back some movies ? ( mp4 ) thats is and locking his unit up and then causing no remote commands etc to work …….

Hence a Hard shut off resolves issue and then re emerges again due to same type movie format playback etc .

A never ending cycle ……..

so yes try another format and see if it occurs again .

17. DaMacFunkin

DaMacFunkin Active Member

Just to concur, I do this TWICE after every firmware update, it seems to stop a lot of problems, but I do think it depends on your other equipment as well- My Zidoo is connected to a LGC9 via a D&M receiver, I bet a few other people have a similar set up.

18. mirror

mirror Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Zidoo TECH Supporter

Looks the HDD unmount failed. Take out the HDD and try again?

19. Djdragon

Djdragon Member

The same thing happened without a hard drive. But this morning I turned it on and off at least 20 times. Not even frozen. Very puzzling.
    I also sent an email for Zidoo, let's see what comes of an answer ?!

I have so much experience with MP4 movies now. When fast forwarding a movie, asynchronous video and audio tracks are often detected. Then I press pause briefly, then synchronously, sound with image ok again.

20. DELUCAS

Play / test a single mkv Movie

then one of your MP4 movies and see which one causes your issue .
    Plus any bloat apps can cause a lock up of your system .