Beta version v6.3.66 for Z9X/Z10 Pro/Z1000 Pro/UHD3000 release

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by mirror, Dec 22, 2021.

1. Kenshin

Kenshin Member

Last edited: Dec 27, 2021
  2. Kenshin

Kenshin Member

i have this exchanged it

3. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Absolutely no aggression here I can assure you. Quite the opposite.

As much as anyone here, all I want is an awesome media player, and so far I've got that and in my view it improves constantly.

That's the reason a Zidoo Z9X is sitting in my cinema surrounded by 5 figures worth of kit rather than one of my Dunes, Zappitis, Egreats, HiMedias, Shields, Vero4ks and various other media boxes I have but can't think of the names of right now..

If there is an issue that I think will impinge on that wish then I'll do my damndest to get it fixed...

As I say, there isn't an issue I or the devs are aware of regarding DTS-HD Master Audio so unless proved otherwise I'd have to assume that your problem is file or environment related which is why I asked for a sample.

4. Kenshin

Kenshin Member

that's why i tried it directly with my egreat, not to annoy anyone but so that i can isolate some mistakes..

I wanted to see whether it was the file or the zidoo player .. and on egreat i dont have this bug..

5. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

It doesn't immediately mean that there is a bug in the Zidoo if a file plays ok on one machine and not on another.

The Zidoo is a far more sophisticated device and plays a lot more file standards and codecs than the Egreat so it may be that the tolerance for non compliant files is greater on the Egreat.

As an example, there was a post about an HLG file I replied to earlier where a file played fine in HLG on another player but not on the Zidoo. Having looked into it, the SEI Message (The HDR Metadata) was faulty in the file - it was missing some bytes so as far as the Zidoo was concerned it was correctly identified as a faulty file. However the other device ignored that and played in HLG - but this isn't a bug and arguably the Zidoo handled the file correctly.

As I say, from my own experience, I don't believe there is a bug regarding DTS-HD MA but I'm very happy to be proved wrong - however that means replicating the issue.

AngryVirginian likes this.
  6. Sledgehamma

Sledgehamma Well-Known Member

To narrow it down try the following one by one:
    • Pass-through AMP compatibility mode on
    • what happens to dropout when you enable "play DTS core of DTS-HD audio". I know you want HD audio, but its just for checking.
    • Is HDMI audio set to raw?
    • is your AVR on the latest FW update?
    • does it happen to all DTS-HD tracks or just select ones? Do they have DTS:X?
    • doest it happen only on 4K UHD BDs or normal BDs as well?
    • did you disable HDCP on the Zidoo?
    • changing HDMI input of the Zidoo on your AVR
    Not everything is directly related to audio, but you never know. I also dont' have any problems with DTS-HD or any other sound format for that matter (mkv only though).

7. gadgetman

gadgetman Active Member

I have a Zidoo Z1000 Pro and never had issues with audio that's one thing always been perfect.

I noticed you have the Anthem this may surprise you but that will be your problem many bugs in latest anthem amps reason i not bought one until sorted out.

8. Kenshin

Kenshin Member

it is an iso file ... i have all points already tested ... i have also tested directly on lpcm 2.0 there it runs without dropouts....
    firmware is always up to date ...

now i have made a rip without iso ..
    it works without dropout problems .. but with my iso he makes a problem

9. Sledgehamma

With what software did you create the iso?

10. Kenshin

Kenshin Member

with the monkey ..

11. Kenshin

Kenshin Member

with this settings
    settings.png

12. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

Could not reproduce with ISO and External subs. It is one of those things.
    Using maybe Dual HDMI Outputs? Heard it happening with that.

Last edited: Dec 27, 2021
  13. Sledgehamma

Try with makeMKV or anydvd.

14. maxhim

maxhim Active Member

Never had any problems with DTS-HD MA. Never!

skelton likes this.
  15. sojer2005

sojer2005 Member

I also have no problems with DTS HD MA in various mkv configurations with DV, HDR or regular.

16. Deano86

Deano86 Active Member

Just to add to this, I just recently upgraded to the Z9x from the Z9s... and like you I am finding that trailers are slow to start and are pausing (buffering) a lot and actually look to be of poor video quality. The weird thing is that my Z9s plays trailers quickly and without buffering and actually look like high def in comparison. Seems strange that there would be such a difference between the models ... which would seem to rule out a change with the source of the trailers?

17. Raymond Lim

Raymond Lim Member

That's not a fair statement on Anthem AVM70. Unless you have one and tested it, else this is just your guess. That's not helping.

18. axxellone

axxellone New Member

Since the last firmware, when I start the player (ZIDOO Z9X) I no longer see the HDR logo on the TV screen. I try to check Mapping HDR10 but an error occurs and the "Settings" app closes. I mention that any other option - SDR..., VS10..., etc. works. I also connected the HDMI directly to my LG OLED OLED55B8PLA, but without success. It is frustrating...

19. Kenshin

Kenshin Member

the problem is i tested it directly with my egreat because it worked great so i didn’t look for sources of error

so after further testing i found out that my iso does not fit with the zidoo

but what is also strange that it went with the egreat and with zidoo not !
    with the other tested iso there were these problems with both devices not.. maybe this special iso was too sensitive for my zidoo.

thank you for your time @Nice Monkey @Markswift2003 @Sledgehamma

20. gadgetman

gadgetman Active Member

No i do not have one but read the forums for all the issues. Not guessing i want to buy one but currently not spending that kind of money on beta software. The zidoo is a small price to pay out compared to an amplifier.