Beta version v6.3.66 for Z9X/Z10 Pro/Z1000 Pro/UHD3000 release

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by mirror, Dec 22, 2021.

1. 56k

56k Member

me thinking to buy Eweat R9PLUS PRO chipset RTD1619DR

or maybe is it possible to install the Eweat image on the zidoo same chipset?

the recorder work on eweat

2. skelton

skelton Member

Are you serious?
    I have hundreds of movies with DTS HD-MA audio and never once did i experience any dropouts on playback. So no, it´s not a bug.

My suggestion for you, go back to your egreat player.

Mabon and Markswift2003 like this.
  3. DELUCAS

DELUCAS Well-Known Member

4. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Lol. Good luck with that one.

5. TifKag

TifKag Active Member

Its very easy to understand, they offer it, we must be able to use it (its that easy)
    Trailers are just an example.
    Ask @Nice Monkey for his aggregated list .

6. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

Are we confusing Eweat with Egreat here? Both still exist and both do make new media players. Never bothered to try Eweat just had a peep at those occasionally.

Always liked my Egreat players for PQ and stability including an almost perfect BD Menu handling. There is no DV, HDR10+, ROON or HDMI-IN on Egreat but (almost) all problems on my aggregated Zidoo problem list don't exit with Egreat! But they choose to serve only the Chinese Internal market.
    Still use my Egreat A11 in my bedroom with an older 3D capable quality 1080P LCD TV. In fact run specific Chinese latest FW on it now set to English (no other languages included).

Last edited: Dec 27, 2021
  7. Kenshin

Kenshin Member

It's a shame that there are no competent users here .. you give a stupid answer but no idea whether it's true ..you have to check it yourself first .. especially with the content I watched

8. Markswift2003

No issues with DTS-HD MA here.

AngryVirginian likes this.
  9. Vincenzo Boemi

Vincenzo Boemi New Member

Sorry Skelton, but I encountered this problem with .66 firmware and two disk.
    Man in the dark (Blu Ray)
    Don't breathe 2 (UHD).

With other disk no problem at all.
    So maybe Kenshin is not joking...

TIA,
    Vincenzo

Kenshin likes this.
  10. AngryVirginian

AngryVirginian Active Member

Watched Bac Nord (2020) 4K ISO image last night with DTS-HD MA track. No issue with the audio dropout.

11. Kenshin

Kenshin Member

hi vincenzo,
    that's normal here .. nobody wants to take the reported errors (bugs) seriously

12. AngryVirginian

AngryVirginian Active Member

It would help if you listed the movies that you are having the issue with so that other users can check.

rozel likes this.
  13. Markswift2003

Can you supply a test file?

It probably wouldn't help to be honest - most issues like this are due to either issues in the particular file or the user's environment - you'd have to get a copy of the specific file that causes the issue and then if it can't be replicated, look to the environment.

I see so many issues reported as "bugs" when they are in fact just the hardware (either the player or the amp) displaying a lack of tolerance to that particular file or the way in which it is transported. You learn very quickly to filter the wheat from the chaff so to speak.

To make a blanket statement that there is a bug in DTS-HD is completely inaccurate and utterly unhelpful - and I say this on the basis of my experience with these devices and the software - but in order to test the validity of any bug, it has to be replicated, then an explanation found, usually using a debugger, and then a fix devised if needs be.

skelton likes this.
  14. skelton

skelton Member

Reported? What exactly did you report? Not a mention of which title(s) you experience this "bug " with and no other info as to what file format/container, your setup etc. Instead you just make a general statement saying there is a bug with DTS HD-MA which is complete BS. If you have more info to this so called bug, provide it and let´s see if others can replicate it on a large number of samples.

Markswift2003 likes this.
  15. Vincenzo Boemi

Hi Markswift2003,
    my HT chain is very simple.
    Zidoo Z1000 Pro -> Anthem AVM 70 and JVC NX 7.
    I've to upload 60GB for checking (it's an ISO file 1:1 copy).
    Tested as BD navigation and only video

Vincenzo

16. Markswift2003

In order to fix any issue it must be replicated which either means providing the devs with particular steps to carry out to reliably show the issue (this is something I do all the time) and in circumstances where a particular file is at fault then of course they would need that file, or a clip of it, to enable them to replicate the issue - again, I do this all the time.

Less so recently because I'm not aware of any file playback issues (BD Menu notwithstanding) that are due to the box at the moment.

17. TifKag

TifKag Active Member

These were posts from last Wednesday and Saturday.
    With which device did you have the DTS-HD MA problems, if you gave back the Zidoo Z9X :confused:

Last edited: Dec 27, 2021
  18. Markswift2003

Last I heard it was bricked...

TifKag likes this.
  19. Vincenzo Boemi

You're right, but I can't send a UHD ISO, copyright. So I appreciate your 'Less so recently because I'm not aware of any file playback issues'.
    TIA,
    Vincenzo

20. Markswift2003

I think if there was an ISO that I'd ripped myself that I was concerned about, the first thing I'd try is to then mux that particular rip down to an MKV to see if the problem persisted.

We all know that the Zidoo isn't the greatest at BD ISOs, so it may well just be an issue with that.