Recommended Settings and other useful stuff for RTD 1619DR Players

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by Markswift2003, Oct 21, 2020.

1. HDGuy

HDGuy Active Member

Is it worth buying a DAC for the Z9X?

2. Natpolly

Natpolly New Member

Hello, everyone.

With latest firmware 6.3.40, does anyone have HDR metadata(min,max luminance light, max CLL, max FALL) passthrough problem?
    I have Zidoo Neo X with firmware 6.6.40 and my Neo X can't pass HDR metadata to my Lumagen Radiance Pro. With previous firmware, it can send HDR metadata without any problems. I have tried factory reset and it still can't send HDR metadata. Max CLL and max FALL function is enabled on my Neo X.

Thank you for your help and support.

3. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

No issues here - Min/Max Luminance and MaxCLL/FALL pass perfectly in both Realtek and VS10 HDR modes (tested on an HDFury Vertex).

This is on a Z9X but the playback engine is exactly the same so I can't see why a Neo X would be any different in this regard.

Natpolly likes this.
  4. SilverEye

SilverEye New Member

Hey guys,

Just got the Z9x (v6.3.41), happy so far, but a few doubts:

I have a LG oled C1 tv, should I use Tv led or the Player led in DV compatibility ?

How about the HDR? Should it be in auto or in vs10 engine (reading mix opinions)

All the rest, used as in the 1st post.

Thanks!

5. Markswift2003

For that TV, definitely TV Led and leave HDR in "Auto" so everything is native.

SilverEye likes this.
  6. Joe C

Joe C Member

TV led for DV, HDR on Auto

SilverEye likes this.
  7. Joe C

Joe C Member

Damn you Mark! ;)

Markswift2003 likes this.
  8. SilverEye

SilverEye New Member

Thanks guys!

Markswift2003 likes this.
  9. Markswift2003

Just too slow ;)

10. Joe C

Joe C Member

That’s why you’re SUPER :)

dr4go likes this.
  11. Markswift2003

Lol - I never actually noticed it was in capitals :)

12. Markswift2003

All that's happening is the HDMI is resyncing - it does that on change in HDR mode, resolution, or frame rate or a combination thereof.

The click will just be the way the soundbar deals with that HDMI resync - it's not something that's generated by the Zidoo.

What resolution and frame rate do you have set for HDMI Mode?

What I always do is have the GUI at 3840x2160p 23Hz which is the resolution and frame rate of the vast majority of my library so for the most part, the framerate never changes.

13. Markswift2003

No, it will have 23Hz available it's just most TV and projector manufacturers tend to dumb it down a bit.

For example my projector always shows 24Hz regardless of whether the content is 24 or 23.976.

So what's happening in your case is the GUI is set to 24Hz and when you play a movie which is invariably at 23.976Hz, the HDMI mode changes and for whatever reason you get the click.

Mabon and Letmein like this.
  14. blenky

blenky Well-Known Member

I have a CX. TV led and auto - except I have SDR set to use VS10 engine. I just prefer how it looks!

SilverEye likes this.
  15. Issa

Issa Member

I put it in player LED, is that not correct Mark?

Last edited: Oct 2, 2021
  16. Markswift2003

It depends on the TV:

1. If the TV supports TV Led Dolby Vision only it doesn't matter what setting because even if you chose Player Led the EDID tells the Zidoo it can only handle TV Led, so it will output TV Led.

2. If the TV supports Player Led Dolby Vision only it doesn't matter what setting because even if you chose TV Led the EDID tells the Zidoo it can only handle Player Led, so it will output Player Led.

3. If the TV supports both Player Led and TV Led Dolby Vision, you ideally want the box to output TV Led Dolby Vision because if you chose Player Led then of course that's what the box will output.

17. Inikad

Inikad Active Member

Some TVs support both of them? I didn’t know. I thought that it was one or the other depending of the brand.

18. Issa

Issa Member

Appreciate your kind reply, what is your recommendation for me in this case I have LG OLED 65 C1

19. OlivierQC

OlivierQC Well-Known Member

Many TV brands offer this possibility with the latest TVs

20. Stefano C

Stefano C Member

How can we know which is supporteb by our tvs?