Beta version v6.3.12 for Z9X/Z10 Pro/Z1000 Pro/UHD3000 Discussion

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by Markswift2003, Jun 16, 2021.

1. blenky

blenky Well-Known Member

Mark - what is 2.3.7 and 2.3.12 you refer to?

Also I don't have American English as a choice in HT4 only English

2. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Haven't tried the rescan thing and I use local NFO and artwork anyway, but tried "Clear Match Info" and that worked as expected - the movie went into "Unmatched".

Are you sure you didn't hit "Clear Match Info and Remove from Poster Wall"?

3. Markswift2003

Sorry - that's me being a numpty - meant v6.3.7 and v6.3.12.

No idea where the 2 came from :)

4. blenky

blenky Well-Known Member

My first two choices are

'Only Clean up matching information'
    'Clean up and remove from the Poster Wall'

Tried both and does the same - just disappears from the poster wall.

Also I don't have American English as a choice in HT4 only English

5. Markswift2003

Just realised what you're doing - the interface language is set in the main settings for both the main GUI and HT4 (Quick Settings/About/Language) and the language setting in HT4 is only for the scraping language.

So set the language to English (United States) or English (XC) and it should make more sense.

As I flippantly said earlier, in the last release you could set it to German and get everything in English, but that seems to have been fixed (sort of!).

6. Markswift2003

I have no idea why English (United Kingdom) is now screwed up by the way - it looks like some sort of OS "default" setting with all the generic nonsense in there.

7. blenky

blenky Well-Known Member

Thanks Mark, changing language to English (XC) has sorted it all - cheers! It was driving me mad.

8. Inikad

Inikad Active Member

The new french translation of Quick Settings is missing with this firmware. Back to the first translation with 75% in english and some spelling mistakes here and there. For HT, that’s better, even if it’s not the last version of the translation (some optimisations have been done since the 10th june update of the apk in the dedicated thread).

Last edited: Jun 17, 2021
  9. thaworn R

thaworn R Member

same with me, most trailers gone or cannot play video, z10pro G version

Last edited: Jun 17, 2021
  10. ammar11

ammar11 Well-Known Member

Ooh I didn't notice there's a separate discussion thread for v6.3.12. I see no playback issues reported yet, I think I'll proceed.

11. Nicholas Hewitt

Nicholas Hewitt Active Member

All My subtitles have disappeared from the list during playback. I know they were there when I watched the movie 4 days ago. It's always something that prevents me from watching movies properly with this device.

12. Anyone notice any of the supposed improvements with TV show matching when scraping?

13. Nicholas Hewitt

Nicholas Hewitt Active Member

Nope, I actually laughed a bunch of times on what it came up with. It didn't use any of the words that were in the actual title.

14. lami

lami New Member

I managed to get 13 Hours The Secret Soldiers of Benghazi to play ok, Its one of the ones I use to see if trailers are working, Everything else I tried would not including Godziila v Kong........Strange.

Z1000Pro non G version

15. lami

lami New Member

I added Clarksons Farm series to mine last night and they ended up in unmatched, Could manually add them using TMDB no problem.

16. Thats a shame. Is NFO matching only possible with movies or can that be done for TV shows as well?

17. ammar11

ammar11 Well-Known Member

Good news! At least for me, others might not have the same problem but this new firmware v6.3.12 has fixed my playback issues with A Quiet Place in DV/HDR10. It plays smoothly now, Zidoo has fixed something.

My Z9X is perfect now, I don't have anything to complain now. My movie watching at home has been significantly better since I started using it, considering I've never heard of Zidoo before.

Mabon likes this.
  18. vddan

vddan Active Member

Same thing at home ............ for the main menus!
    Can we reinstall the APK of June 10?

19. Whitfield

Whitfield Active Member

With the autoframerate switch set to both framerate and resolution, you'd maybe expect such as file to be output to 1920x1080. Depending on the video being sqaure pixeled or (smart) anamorphically encoded, the video should have black bars added on the side, or be horizontally "stretched" to fit the 1920.

The resolution being odd and/or maybe the video being anamorphic in a non-standard manner, I think the Zidoo may be confused and defaults to 4K output. Have you tinkered with the aspect ratio settings during playback to see if it would change the output for the better?

20. Markswift2003

Yes, it's because it's been cropped to a non standard SAR - usually 4:3 content would still be framed at 16:9 with black side bars for both 2K and 4K (even though at that resolution it is no longer either 2K or 4K!).