Beta version 6.0.80 for Z9X/Z10 Pro/Z1000 Pro

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by mirror, Dec 11, 2020.

1. boxerfan

boxerfan Active Member

wow, seems like a lot of broken bits in this build.

Mabon likes this.
  2. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

Yeah indeed. I hope Zidoo will come with a pure correction FW very rapidly.

Mabon likes this.
  3. ghostshadow

ghostshadow Member

I doubt.
    6.0.66 14 November 2020
    6.0.80 11 December 2020
    And why 6.00.00? There haven't been 6 stable versions, so we have version: Beta 0.8

Mabon likes this.
  4. OlivierQC

OlivierQC Well-Known Member

Hello,

we should have another FW before the Chinese New Year in February or maybe two FW if we are lucky

5. boxerfan

boxerfan Active Member

I hope that they are able to release a stable firmware that works solidly (video/audio/subtitle/menus) for all HD content. To me this is a hygiene factor.

Following that, work through all the UHD/DV issues without blowing up the HD baseline code.

Well, all I can do is hope...

6. Nice Monkey

Read the comments for each. Maybe even an older version like 6.0.46? They all got different bugs unfortunately. Remember going back is not that easy.
    If you don't use DV and just play ISO's like I do they are all usable with some (different) quirks here and there.

7. Nice Monkey

My guess is 6.0.80 is the best for DV (not using Atmos) from what I read.

DennisTheMenace likes this.
  8. OlivierQC

Hello,

I have the same opinion as Nice Mnokey.

And for my daily use of HD / UHD HDR film, (local streaming with ISO/MKV remux) the FW 0.66 suited me.

i am using my Z9X on my TV HDMI 1 and eARC for sound, everything is working fine.

---------

I know Zidoo Team work hard and that there are limitations with the Realtek chipset, it is not easy for them and Mirror has warned us this is new and will take time to support the Dolby Vision...BUT maybe the advertisement for Dolby Vision with RTD 1619DR on their website is confusing for people looking for devices that support DV.

I have the same opinion as Nice Monkey concerning one of his old messages, I know that it is important for many people to have DV, but I would like Zidoo to focus on small problems that spoil the fun of using HT4.0 ( Direct Output Mode with BDmenu, Kodi NFO not recognized by HT4.0, etc...) and which have been reported by Nice Monkey, Markswift2003 and others since a long time.

See you

9. blenky

blenky Well-Known Member

Does this firmware fix the bug where full blurays play at the GUI set resolution. That is when GUI set to default of 3840 by 2160 HD blurays play at that res.

10. ragico

ragico Member

Months ago I had Nvidia Shield Tube version. That device had the same problems of this Zidoo playing Dovi files with Atmos lossless audio. Stuttering suddenly after 5/1o minutes and in some case after 40/50 minutes. People complaining on Nvidia forum never get an answer from them and many users said that the cause was to find in not enough ram (2Gb). So I decided to replace the Tube version with Pro Version (3Gb ram) and these problems have disappeared.

ghostshadow likes this.
  11. blenky

blenky Well-Known Member

Choppy playback using PLEX on an Nvidia Shield tube is not limited to playing UHD DV files. I had the tube from launch and played everything fine from Kodi. However I always had issue with UHD files of any type using PLEX - with the server on my NAS. Choppy play basically. I upgraded my NAS to a Synology 220+ which made no difference. In the end I got a Shield Pro - and PLEX now plays everything without issue.

I don't think its lack of horse power that is the issue as its ONLY DV files that have this issues. It must be with the chipset.

12. cucnz

cucnz Active Member

dont do the new .80 fw
    its way less stable than .60 or .66

>80 had broken HDR10+ ..given it the same stutter with HD audio
    plus .80 has made DV with even 5.1 audio stutter now

13. DELUCAS

DELUCAS Well-Known Member

Well soon we can see if that theory is correct or not as the UHD3000 will be with us soon .

14. ghostshadow

ghostshadow Member

At 750 € the Test is expensive. You have to want to put so much in a device with unstable Firmware

ICU2018 likes this.
  15. OlivierQC

I checked and the problem is not fixed

16. cucnz

cucnz Active Member

no i mean DV with atmos was broken but DV with 5.1 would usually work 99 percent ok

Now DV with atmos and 5.1 is broken
    and HDR10+ which was working around V.60 is now broken exactly the same as DV
    ie stutters and audio lags after few mins with atmos and hd5.1
    edit
    Plus as many others have said
    Theres major issues with audio not starting for 20 30 secs after pausing and sometimes even at start

a very UNTESTED release that never should have been put out there

17. woodymogs

woodymogs New Member

Sadly I'm also suffering some of the problems mentioned. Aside from no luck with DV files I now have no audio for around 20 - 30 seconds at the start of playback or after using pause or at the end of a file. I've spent sometime today checking all my settings but the problems persist. The latest firmware has definitely introduced more problems for me and it looks like I'm going to have to flash the unit tomorrow and revert to an earlier firmware. Starting to really regret selling my X9S.

18. ammar11

ammar11 Well-Known Member

Is there anyway we can upgrade the RAM? I'm starting to think it has something to do with memory too, the stuttering appearing only after a few minutes seems a lot like buffering issue.

When I skip back it plays fine again, including the parts where it stuttered just before.

These remux movies have large bitrates, some almost 100 megabytes per second with lossless audio. Probably why it performs better with small lossy audio tracks.

If the RAM is sufficient, maybe just the way Zidoo manage the memory is inefficient?

19. blenky

blenky Well-Known Member

No it doesn't. Ho hum.

20. Fatih Durmus

Fatih Durmus Member

Why home theatre shows chinese words?

Attached Files: