New firmware v1.2.15 for DMP-A6 release

Discussion in 'Eversolo DMP-A6' started by mirror, Nov 10, 2023.

1. fofocho

fofocho Active Member

Apple Music videos are great. Please update TIDAL app to show videos too

Topdude likes this.
  2. Fergus

Fergus Active Member

Why on earth would you want to do that?

Gary B likes this.
  3. fofocho

fofocho Active Member

Because I can

Topdude and kc001 like this.
  4. Nutul

Nutul Well-Known Member

Just because you can, doesn't mean you should... :-D

j2j, Fergus and Spizz like this.
  5. Bonzo

Bonzo Active Member

Uhg. :rolleyes:

Whatever dude.

6. kc001

kc001 Active Member

Why not? Both Apple & Tidal as well as YouTube Music have great music videos and this way you could listen to your video playlist from the same setup

Topdude and zipe like this.
  7. Bonzo

Bonzo Active Member

Because this is an AUDIO device. If you want video then ask them to make a video device instead.

The completely superfluous things people ask for on the little A6 amazes me. It already has a bunch of features many other comparably priced streamers don't have (part of the reason its so popular), yet people here just want more more more. Now you want video too?

Today's entitled society showing its ugly head.

8. MaSi

MaSi New Member

Unfortunately, the Amazon Music Streaming function is completely unusable. Some pieces simply cannot be played with playlists. When jumping to other pieces, the wrong cover is displayed. When playing via HDMI, the first second is chopped off.

Bonzo likes this.
  9. Bonzo

Bonzo Active Member

It's not just Amazon.

And if you think it's unusable now, you should have tried it a few months ago. Now I can at least search and play music. Before it WAS completely unusable.

10. Bergholdt

Bergholdt Well-Known Member

When it comes to HDMI, the unit that receives the signal is most likely (also) at fault.

HDMI and communication between boxes / brands has always been problematic.

And it’s probably a problem with all digital ‘standards’…

Nutul likes this.
  11. Stuj

Stuj Member

Great inclusive comments here. I might like to say that having the videos play in Apple Music and TY Music adds an extra dimension to the Audio experience. One could say that the VU meters and Spectrum display could fall into the same bucket. Just because you do not see the value in it should not make you dismiss the views of others, or also imply the usage of such a unique product. Personally id like it also, and im 57 Dude. It is sad when a few people jump into a forum and assume moral control

fofocho, atomic garden and Path8022 like this.
  12. Alan Rutlidge

Alan Rutlidge Active Member

I can see an incarnation of the A6 or the A8 to the A9 with video out via an HDMI output. I guess if it's a feature enough people want then someone will make it.
    Personally I just wish they'd get all the promised features of the A6 working. In my case DSD multichannel audio working via the HDMI port. So far discrete multichannel DSD files don't play and leave the player in pause mode. From what I gather everyone is experiencing this issue with v1.2.15 firmware.

Playing back DSD64 2.0 via HDMI now works fine from both discrete files and from SACD ISO, but 5.1 from SACD ISO is still a no go for me. Both AVRs show they are receiving DSD 5.1 but there's no audio output from either of them on any of the channels. o_O:confused: For clarity on this last observation, both receivers work perfectly well with DSD 2ch and multichannel from other devices so I'm thinking they aren't at fault. Changing the HDMI setting in the DMP-A6 from DSD Native to DoP gets audio but it's broken up and unlistenable, but multichannel PCM file playback is perfectly fine. o_O:confused: And yes, before anyone asks I have tried swapping out both HDMI cables and inputs on the AVRs but still no joy.

Last edited: Nov 20, 2023
    supermood and Bonzo like this.
  13. ammar11

ammar11 Well-Known Member

Go look at the Zidoo media player lines. They created the Eversolo brand for a reason.

Bonzo likes this.
  14. Bonzo

Bonzo Active Member

Like the original comment makes any valid contribution to this forum what so ever.

If I were you, I'd take a look in the bathroom mirror regarding your moral controls.

And while in there, take some ludes or something to help desensitize you to internet forum comments. Geesh.

Robert Crawford likes this.
  15. Bonzo

Bonzo Active Member

Bingo! +1.

supermood and Alan Rutlidge like this.
  16. Bonzo

Bonzo Active Member

Another Bingo! +1 again.

ammar11 likes this.
  17. Stuj

Stuj Member

Thanks for proving my point. If this is the tone of YOUR contribution, then id be the one looking in the mirror. Taking to insults really does show your character, to have such a glass jaw. Show some respect ….. even when disagreeing with someone, if im crazy for that then where are my ludes.

18. CBM

CBM New Member

Not sure if this one has been reported before...

Under the new release, it looks like there may be a bug when navigating Music > Albums. I believe this option worked well in the earlier version.

When choosing to sort by "Add time ascending/descending":

1. Ascending and Descending appear to be reversed. Newly added albums should be at the top when choosing descending in my opinion. Right now, newer content is at the top when choosing Ascending.
    2. There seems to be a problem with the field which the sort by "Add time" in general. Despite the reversal noted in point 1 above, my most recently added album is NOT appearing at the top of the list. This album was definitely appearing at the top in the previous release. Furthermore, browsing through the content when sorting by add time does not appear to properly reflect accurate add dates. Is it possible that the wrong date field is being used?

Note that when I installed the new release initially a few days ago, I was not even seeing the ability to sort by add time at all. Not sure if a more recent minor release was pushed out.

I rely heavily of this sort feature and hope that you can fix it.

19. fofocho

fofocho Active Member

With the new firmware I cannot output ATMOS from Tidal when using HDMI out

20. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

I would prefer using my Zidoo Neo Alpha/X above Eversolo DMP-A6 if these only would get that same Music Player and the Eversolo Controller working with it.
    This was a kind of promised when Neo was launched, but till now it shares the same limited Music Player with all Zidoo models just essential adopted to use the Front Panel next to the TV screen with a standard Remote Control.

I am pretty sure there are quite a few potential customers for the existing Zidoo Neo models provided these get similar functionality and control as DMP-A6 now. The HW can do it all and the DAC is of similar heights as DMP-A8. The Hybrid/Dual PSU's are even a lot better only these DAC's are SABRE PRO not AKM based, have no DSP but yes include Headset and BT outputs. Oh yes they all do Dolby Atmos via HDMI (and any other audio format for that matter).