DMP-A6 Bug Report

Discussion in 'Eversolo DMP-A6' started by Xyzzy, Jun 7, 2023.

1. doctorf

doctorf New Member

I agree with you in that Tidal Connect is not going through the phone. I have it set at best quality but as I say above, it always crashes after a variable time and definitely sounds inferior compared to the native Tidal app on the A6.

RoDa likes this.
  2. Groucho Marx

Groucho Marx New Member

Found another bug. In streaming, with radio paradise on if you select in settings the landscape mode, you can't go back. The settings icon is on the left side but invisibile due the wrong left and right limits of the displayable view. Hope the coming api will resolve.

Wildgift and Nutul like this.
  3. ammar11

ammar11 Well-Known Member

Yes, Tidal Connect is only for control, is getting the stream directly from Tidal not the phone.

But, there has been reports that using Tidal Connect with the A6, the sound quality is not as good as using the integrated app in the A6.

It's weird I know. I think iiWi Reviews also said the same thing, and there's someone started a thread about it here. Likely that doctorf is referring to the same issue.

RoDa and doctorf like this.
  4. doctorf

doctorf New Member

Correct.
    And yes, I have seen this mentioned elsewhere.

ammar11 and RoDa like this.
  5. tora-tora

tora-tora Member

Search using Cyrillic alphabet in Local Library (Music) does not work
    Not absolutely. You can "search" only by the first letter
    IMG_4259-1.jpg
    Once you put the second letter search returns nothing
    IMG_4260-2.jpg

6. Kopczas

Kopczas Member

Would you please fix library update in terms of tag change?
    Here is what happen:
    add folder to SSD with tags >
    after deleting folder and uploading it again with tags changed and after library update, tags from old folder is still unchanged. It is necessary to rescan whole library to affect changes, which is pain in behind cause rescan deletes favs and user artist/album covers.

7. doctorf

doctorf New Member

I’ve not seen this bug reported:
    I realise streaming from OneDrive is a beta version, but a couple of problems:
    1. I have to scroll through all the artists before I can press on one and see their albums.
    2. The clipping of the the beginning of each track is very noticeable when it plays the tracks gapless.

8. vekanoid

vekanoid New Member

Hello. I found few visual bugs in
    firmware v1.1.80

1) In EverSolo Controller app for Android phone (or tablet), there is visual bug in "Play queue" list. Displayed items in "Play queue" are cut and we are unable to see more text. When app is used from Tablet, it is even worst, because there is so much empty space or right side beetween items and X simbol. That is probably because list items are with fixed width. My suggestion is to remove fixed size for text, and to allow text width to expand depending on device screen size.

2) Second visual bug is in native device software in Settings -> Transfer -> Method 1 and Method 2. There is typo mistake PC brower, should be PC browser (missing letter s).

Last edited: Aug 20, 2023
  9. Miki222

Miki222 Member

Today I discovered a strange error while streaming from Tidal. On Soft Cell's first track on this new live album, the bottom orange bar that shows the progress - graphically showing the time of the track - doesn't appear at all. So you can't move the track or put your finger on the beginning when it doesn't show the strip at all. There can be multiple tracks without a pointer. I have only discovered this one so far.

Attached Files:

10. Andrea100

Andrea100 New Member

Hello,
    I report an issue that I kindly ask to solve asap (I apologize the explanation a bit complex for a not native english):

1. if you are listening to an APP like Amazon, than you switch the input from Internal Streamer to Bluetooth (for example) when you come back to the Internal Streamer input, eversolo has lost the "memory" of the APP and you have to start it again (from the beginning! reopening it and so you have also lost the album and whatever you were listening to).

2. Furthermore and even worse: if you have selected as input "external USB" (where you have inserted an Hard Disk, for example) and you were listening form it a flac file for example, than you switch input to Internal Streamer and open an APP (for example Amazon) than, if you change input again (to bluetooth for example), when you'll come back to the Internal Streamer input, eversolo does not repropose the APP (this issue I have already explained in my point 1) but always and again the last USB media album/song. And if meanwhile I have disconneted the Hard Disk, eversolo oddly continues to point to the last USB album/song (it has memorized some data) and goes stuck and pop up always the same error message (at even if you switch evesolo off and on again does not change it!)

Definetively the "change input" feature should be improved, according to my experience.

Consider by the way that I am also looking forward to the improvement of the Remote control, because:
    - it is so easy to inadvertently press the "input" change button
    - it does just a really few features... and one button is also not employed...

Do you have those same issues? Thank you, Andrea

11. Bepzinky

Bepzinky New Member

a) On Android, when I open the Eversolo Controller app, go to the button in the top right corner and select "Reboot", there is no feedback - the app doesn't tell me if the A6 is rebooting or has already rebooted.

b) When I use the SMB share on my Windows PC, the library on the A6 will occasionaly say "Invalid".

c) When scanning the library, the amount of scanned files and the path are shown in a grey font, on a grey background - almost unreadable. Please change to white.

A nice to have: it would be great if we had the option to change metadata of the audio files directly on the A6.
    I would also like to know how the A6 categorizes files, does it look at the metadata fields or does it compare them to a remote server?

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 25, 2023
  12. Ypslon

Ypslon Member

I have a NAS with 35000 music files connected to the a6. It's impossible to scroll the list. When I reach letter D or E, it goes to the start.
    It's not possible to select one library. With the ssd and NAS, I have 2 libraries. The only way is disconnect one and wait for another rescan.
    I can only listen to Amazon with 2 Amazon apps installed.

13. gmon

gmon Member

Just upgraded to Tidal HiFi Plus but disappointed to discover DMP-A6 seems to be always streaming at 44.1khz
    no matter if Tidal states the track is Max quality!
    Same deal with Amazon Music. But hi-res tracks from my library do stream at proper rates up to 192khz.

14. Rolf Quander

Rolf Quander New Member

I found a bug.

When you use the function that turns off the screen while listening to music and later adjust the volume, the screen turns back on but does not turn it off again. You have to press "screen off" every time you use the volume. This is very annoying if you are trying to listen in a dark room.

The screen stays off if skipping a song "as it should" but not if you touch the volume. It is only during volume adjustment when using "screen off" that this becomes an issue. Hope this is an easy fix.

15. Mjay71

Mjay71 Member

When I feed DSD from an SACD spinner via Coax DoP, the internal player handles it fine for a little while and then suddenly spews a few seconds of disconcertingly loud white noise that builds up and then fades away. This happens two or three times per song.

It displays DSD 64 constantly throughout the noise interruptions and the music can still be heard in the background. The display never switches to PCM, so that doesn't seem to be the problem.

Is anyone else experiencing this, or is it possible I received a defective unit?
    Thanks

Last edited: Aug 31, 2023
  16. Riley

Riley Member

Do you have your settings correct on the Eversolo? You need to have the EOS engine "on" and Fixed Sampling rate output set to "original sampling rate". Actually, Amazon Music shows as 192khz output on the Eversolo regardless of the resolution you are actually playing, seems to be an issue with Amazon Music on several platforms and since Tidal is a natively installed app, there should be no problems streaming at the correct resolution, otherwise there would be a mass Eversolo revolt.

17. Mjay71

Mjay71 Member

Has anyone else tried DoP into Eversolo a6 via Coax?

18. Mike]Pol

Mike]Pol New Member

Smb1 servers probably con not be connected.. has someone such problem?

19. Mjay71

Mjay71 Member

Is that something I might be able to fix?

20. UEG

UEG New Member

Unable to use Control app (both iOS and Android) when the Screensaver clock is displayed. Having to press i on the remote to force screensaver off.
    Would be great if there was a fix that allows continued app use even when the Screensaver is on.