So what Happened to the New 2022 / 2023 Zidoo Line ?

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by DELUCAS, Jan 12, 2023.

1. DELUCAS

DELUCAS Well-Known Member

As title is it Covid related delayed release or not much further to enhance the product ?
    But the spec sheet could be enhanced of course. :)

7 months on and no hint of a new Product …….

2. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

Availability of chips, I bet

3. DELUCAS

Poss but the likes of Amlogic , Mediatek , amongst others have not stopped them releasing there updated ones over the last few months & beforehand .

4. DELUCAS

I wonder if we will get this implemented in next chipset :

AI Super Resolution Fidelity Recovery IC (RTD2892NND)

The Realtek RTD2892NND is a powerful AI-based super resolution IC and is the only IC currently available in the market capable of restoring in real time the texture and resolution of original content. It can be paired with existing display controllers to provide top-level picture quality. The RTD2892NND uses various neural network models for different scenes and objects to remove unwanted noise and enhance the picture quality adaptively. It also solves the issue of over-compression artifacts due to limited bandwidth in content transmission.

5. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Amlogic just iterate the same thing year in year out but the latest one (928x due for mass production Q2 this year) looks interesting.

I don't think Mediatek have had a new STB SOC for 6 years or so and are well behind the curve.

I don't have it officially confirmed but I think the 1619 was the last STB SOC Realtek will produce.

6. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Let me make a prediction here:

Dune will jump the gun (as they did with the 1619DA) and produce a half assed compromised AMLogic box.

Zidoo will wait, bide their time as they did before, and come out with something better. As they did before.

Zappiti will just look a bit confused and mutter something rude in French.

7. DELUCAS

MediaTek have anounced New chip set Calman / Pentonic 1000-2000 Chipset Mark .

https://img.youtube.com/vi/2J1wWRbwiis/sddefault.jpg

Last edited: Jan 12, 2023
  8. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

The focus these days is in on getting better pictures at low(er) bitrates (=streaming) hardly anything on the high-end with UHD/DV/HDR10+ as the basis. Who really needs 8K? It won't ever come to BD.

BearOS and rozel like this.
  9. DELUCAS

8K will be added on next chipset even though we dont need it but its the addiional stuff that will push for more sales as such & connections etc

rozel likes this.
  10. Temearoo

Temearoo Active Member

A SOC handling dual layer of Dolby Vision FEL or nothing! :D

And HDMI 2.1 QMS as a bonus.

B0RN, FrostByte and AngryVirginian like this.
  11. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

Agreed. My Samsung TV before it went Phut could play 8K material but there was and is naff all material out there that either will play or not another Animal stream of some sort. I guess 8K is for Gamers, which I most definately am not. Yes, I'll update my Signature shortly :)

12. DELUCAS

Think Apple are added that on next Device or firmware for Atv ?

13. Temearoo

Temearoo Active Member

14. Gilgamesh

Gilgamesh Active Member

I'm not in hurry to get something new as I got Z9X one month ago...but if I can make wishes for future products that will replace Z9X.

1. something in the size of the Nvidia Shield Pro with same outputs for us who only need gigabit, hdmi, and 2 USB, with built in WiFi antennas, or removable antennas but tbh the Shield WiFi with built in antennas performed better than Z9X so I use cable now.

2. if possible use a SoC with atleast 2 performance cores and 4 smaller, 3-4GB RAM and 64bit OS for even more smooth UI, current SoC works good for playback but compared to the Shield when scrolling through movie collection it's not as smooth, 16GB storage is OK.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2023
  15. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

Me neither - just got my LG G2, that was expensive so god knows how much their G3 will be!

16. DELUCAS

Just installed a 77inch G2 for family member
    still setting it up with a z10 Pro when i get a chance amongst other settings ……

rozel likes this.
  17. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

Deary me, what a coincidence - PMing you :)

DELUCAS likes this.
  18. Sledgehamma

Sledgehamma Well-Known Member

That is intended for TVs and not for STBs. Note that all the new “high end” UHD BD players use the same ancient SoC Oppo used ages ago. There simply is no new SoC for them to use.

I still think that the RTD1619 was not the last STB SoC from Realtek as it seems they sell quite some units.
    The lower end version can be found in Roku Devices and the 1619 itself (like predecessors) can be found in NAS devices. So fingers crossed.

rozel likes this.
  19. AngryVirginian

AngryVirginian Active Member

This is my number one ask for the next Zidoo so that I can retire my Oppo clone. Faster processor & voice search through the remote control would also be nice. The next Zidoo will sell like hotcakes if it has these features (it will draw in the Plex, Emby, Jellyfin users too).

B0RN and FrostByte like this.
  20. DELUCAS

Correct it is for tv but intresting though ….
    Is not the New Amlogic S905 x4 can do Dual Layer DV Fel ( if worked on with firmware updates …..) or not the Droid were looking for. …?

and the hunt still goes on .