Beta version v6.4(7).42 for Z9X/Z10 Pro/Z1000 Pro/UHD3000/NEO S/NEO X/NEO Alpha release

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by mirror, Oct 18, 2022.

1. B0RN

B0RN Active Member

These won't degrade the picture quality by any chance right? Still worth a quick check no doubt, thanks for the suggestion.

2. Eleonor

Eleonor Active Member

@Markswift2003 @mirror

Is for such a combination:
    Z9X -> Denon X6700 -> LG C9
    Will custom Edid help with these black screens?

B0RN likes this.
  3. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

When using Media Center to select and play an album it may take above a minute to start playing. It next also may start playing that title and suddenly (after up to several minutes) switch to a playlist which was playing using MP7 selection before the shutdown.
    Should be easy enough to reproduce? Frankly it never starts playing instantaneously only with a (very) long delay always.

It does not crash but it plays whatever en when the player likes to do so but definitely not under my control. How to use log with this?

Have this both using my Z9X or my Neo Alpha.

Last edited: Nov 9, 2022
  4. B0RN

B0RN Active Member

I would like to know too... I tried bunch of settings and always end up with black screens, its super annoying.

5. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

I don't think so - all the EDID does is tell the player what the display is capable of, and the display is perfectly capable of doing that itself.

There's one trick to try which is to connect the Zidoo as above, ie Z9X -> Denon X6700 -> LG C9, make sure all the kit is switched on, download the EDID and then re-upload it as a custom EDID and set it active.

That way the Zidoo always has the EDID available regardless of whether any of the sinks (amp/TV) are switched on or even connected.

I don't think it will help here, but it might, so worth a try.

Other than that I have no idea other than the usual HDMI troubles. As I say, there's no change I'm aware of in firmware that can cause this - it would need to be something pretty fundamental and all that stuff was sorted years ago.

6. Markswift2003

Yeah, but aren't you talking about HDMI sync here?

7. Eleonor

Eleonor Active Member

I reinstalled v6.4.42_G is bad for me ..
    I did as you wrote here:

,,There's one trick to try which is to connect the Zidoo as above, ie Z9X -> Denon X6700 -> LG C9, make sure all the kit is switched on, download the EDID and then re-upload it as a custom EDID and set it active.,,

Unfortunately, it didn't help - I still have a black screen every now and then, the sound is still there.
    It doesn't matter what video material - on each one I checked
    I do not have this on the previous firmware

@Markswift2003
    TEST:
    1. I am testing on the latest firmware.
    I play the movie for 3 minutes then rewind and test the same part of the movie again
    2.I have about 8 times a black screen in 3 minutes.
    3. I turn off the movie and restart it from the beginning
    I now have a black screen twice.
    4. I turn off the movie again, turn it on again and open the same 3 minute fragment of the movie again -
    I don't have black screens this time
    I mean, the Z9X behaves not repetitively - every opening of the same fragment is different - sometimes I have a black screen every now and then very rarely or even at all ...

Last edited: Nov 9, 2022
  8. B0RN

B0RN Active Member

Correct, I would just love to get rid of the HDMI sync, its much worse with Denon in between than straight to C9. I will try anything and everything to get rid of the no signal screens.

9. cucnz

cucnz Active Member

again thou
    The issue is with a firmware update recently on the LG TV interferring with something in the patch
    Plenty of us are using Denon recievers ie my 3700H and arent getting these issues

What was changed in the LG firmware to point to where to look on the zidoo maybe

10. Markswift2003

That's nothing to do with the Zidoo - the Zidoo switches instantaneously - that's the combination of the Denon and the LG - everyone experiences that to greater or lesser degrees depending what display they use.

Usually it's between 2 and 5 seconds - I have a Denon/Samsung combination which takes about 4-5s, a Sony which takes maybe a second or less and my projector which takes... Wait for it... 15s !!

11. B0RN

B0RN Active Member

Funny thing is, going directly to C9 is much better but somehow the Z9X stops using the subwoofer that way, even with eARC producing sound and everything so I must go through the Denon and suffer lol and it seems as of late its gotten worse with showing picture for a quick second and playing sound and then blacking out with sound cut off, and then play after 3-4 seconds. C9 used to be instant switch but went to dog s*** after one of the FWs. Oh well, no other choice it seems.

12. Adept

Adept New Member

Please fix problem with Kinopoisk application ASAP. When i'm trying to play any movie - it just says Error. Problem appeared after i installed the last firmware.

play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=ru.kinopoisk&hl=ru&gl=US

Last edited: Nov 10, 2022
  13. Anthony C.

Anthony C. Member

This sure sounds like a cable issue to me. Why it would show up after a firmware update I can’t answer. I’m assuming you’ve had to factory reset the Zidoo going back and forth with firmware like this, but if not I’d do that and maybe try the non-google store version. Also disable all video processing options on your Denon including the OSD volume/info overlay if you haven’t tried that already.

15. Hello its a problem from the 6700h I had the same problem wen I had the 6700 ist because of the bad hdmi chip I have a 8500ha now and never had the problem nomore

16. cucnz

cucnz Active Member

Do you mean the issue with the HDMI2.1 chips being the early ones which couldnt do the full 4k 120hz? (or what ever it was)

Denon has tweaked the serial number of the new models: numbers that end with serial numbers from 70001 onwards should be bug-free, as they will have been manufactured after May 2021 and boast the upgraded HDMI 2.1 chip.
    if you have an early version like my 3700H then get hold of Sound United's external HDMI adaptor, which contains the new chip and corrects the bug. Simply fill out the form on the Denon(opens in new tab) or Marantz(opens in new tab) website to get one for free.
    simple black box adapter that goes in between the reciever and the TV ie zidoo - reciever -black box -TV
    Even here in NZ you could get one sent free All i did was say i was getting a ps5/xbox x

Letmein likes this.
  17. B0RN

B0RN Active Member

Its in fact a problem with all of their hdmi 2.0 models, not just 6700. And the HA solves that problem but costs around $600 to upgrade the 8500 and about a month of no receiver.

18. cucnz

cucnz Active Member

thats an upgrade for the earlier 8500 series

for the newer 3700 6700 models you can claim for free the adapter box (which i have ) thou as above the newer 3700 etc range got modded as shown by their serial numbers starting in 70001

19. B0RN

B0RN Active Member

Sadly yes, those early 700 models also require a tacky adapter box but the newer units and the HA models dont seem to have this issue so its not just an LG firmware issue either.

20. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

My Neo Alpha plays MCH SACD only in 2 CH when the TV is turned off/disconnected.
    Only when the TV is ON with an image MCH will play/detected. Obviously this is not desired as specifically MP7 should work with above all Neo models without even a TV being connected.

I am using obviously Dual HDMI outputs to enjoy DSD output via HDMI with this.
    Warning: This does not happen using my Z9X using this same FW!!!!!

Last edited: Nov 12, 2022