Beta version v6.3.66 for Z9X/Z10 Pro/Z1000 Pro/UHD3000 release

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by mirror, Dec 22, 2021.

1. puremind

puremind New Member

Please see uploaded. Also details of HDMI CEC for power and volume if that can be resolved too, even better.

Z9X connected to the AMP:
    Standard plays DV 2160p 24fps
    LLDV plays DV 1080p at 60fps

HDMI CEC:
    Power ON to TV/AMP does NOT work (however it works with my AppleTV 4K)
    Power OFF to TV/AMP does indeed work (it also works with my AppleTV 4K)
    Volume via CEC does NOT work

Z9X directly connected to the TV Directly:
    Standard plays DV 2160p 24 fps (same)
    LLDV plays DV 1080p at 60fps (same)

HDMI CEC:
    Power ON to TV/AMP does NOT work (however it works with my AppleTV 4K)
    Power OFF to TV/AMP does indeed work (it also works with my AppleTV 4K)
    Volume via CEC does NOT work

My understanding is that LLDV should play 2160p 24fps (and there is no reason, besides a potential bug, where the volume and power on / off via HDMI CEC shouldn't work, as my AppleTV 4K, my Vero 4K+ both work correctly, also my PS5 does indeed turn on / off the TV and Amp correctly with HDMI CEC). the only HDMICEC that works right now for me is the AMP to select the Z9X source if the AMP is using another source, that's all. (Ignores volume and power on from the zidoo to TV standalone with/without AMP)

Thanks

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 9, 2022
  2. PhonerX

PhonerX New Member

I am glad to read that finally the issue of non-operational HDMI CEC Volume with amplifiers and soundbars has been brought up. It gives hope that it will be resolved soon. I am also strugling with two remote controls.

puremind likes this.
  3. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Right- interesting - I don't mind telling you that this EDID freaked me out for a couple of minutes!!

If I set the Zidoo for TV Led, then all works correctly.

If I set the Zidoo for Player Led (LLDV) then, as you say, you get DV at 1080p59. Weird.

However - what you get is TV Led DV at 1080p59 and that's the key.

After decoding the Dolby block in your EDID, the LG B6 does not support LLDV so the behaviour is as expected - so leave it on Standard (Player Led) DV ;)

LG B6
    EE:01:46:D0:00:24:18:09:00:AD:52:44:A9:23:0C

DV Version: 1, [long 15-byte version]
    DV DM Version: v3.x
    DV Interface: standard DV only
    2160p60: not supported
    YUV422 12bit: not supported
    Global Dimming: not supported
    Backlight Control: not supported
    RED Primary: 0.676, 0.320
    GREEN Primary: 0.266, 0.660
    BLUE Primary: 0.137, 0.047
    MAX/MIN Luminance: 700 / 0.001 nits

4. puremind

puremind New Member

Ok cool. Well, that makes sense. Perhaps something to note somewhere for TVs with similar capabilities.

Note that I was able to play the HFR / HDR Gemini (Will Smith) rips at 2160p & 60fps , perhaps the TV might not support the LLDV at that rate but it does indeed work ok at HDR 4K 60 fps.
    Also Ps5 works perfect in 60 fps HDR. Seems this is only a minor DV limitation on this set?

Hoping the HDMI CEC volume issues are also looked at. Seems the issue is definitely a bug with the Zidoo somewhere, as I have other 3 devices that work perfect on that regard and there’re other posts here reporting similar issues.

5. ZidooNewbie22

ZidooNewbie22 New Member

For me (Z10 Pro connected to Samsung TV Q90 directly) CEC is working nicely with latest updates:
    • both options enabled
      • TV triggers Zidoo to Start: working
      • TV triggers Zidoo to shutdown: working
      • Zidoo triggers TV to Start: working
      • Zidoo triggers TV to shutdown: working
      • Menu navigation so far is working good
      • OK long press button on zidoo remote: working (i.e. to bring up the menu for rematching)
      • OK long press button on TV remote: NOT working (i.e. to bring up the menu for rematch / reassign a movie)
        • Current behaviour (error): long press OK on TV remote is simply interpreted as simple OK by zidoo.
        • Minimum expected behaviour: acting the same way as on the zidoo remote, to open the menu to rematch / reassign a movie.
        • Perfect expexted behaviour: long press OK button (on TV remote) should be treated as Menu button (on the zidoo remote) in general.
    • The German translation for the two settings are mixed up:
      Since I am not part of the transifex team I am not able to check there or made improvement suggestion there directly.
    upload_2022-1-9_22-35-15.png

6. 56k

56k Member

zidoo crash playing this format video 8k

dolby vision 8k hdr 60fps

but work ok in my pc using vlc

[​IMG]

if you want to test here video https://t.me/Z10PROREC/89

7. Markswift2003

Realtek RTD 1619 is a 4K SOC - There's no support for 8K.

8. My Z1000 pro is connected to Onkyo 1100 & the receiver is connected to LG 8500. CEC works fine. When everthing is powered I initialize my Onkyo for CEC on & then the receiver finds all my devices with CEC on on HDMI. May be you have to turn off your CEC on receiver, restart receiver & turn on CEC for initialization.

9. puremind

puremind New Member

It is pretty obvious, based on the numerous cases listed here, that the HDMI CEC on the Zidoo is buggy.

Firmware : 6.3.66
    TV : LG B6
    AMP : Denon X3500H

This works as intended:
    -it DOES switch the amp to the Zidoo HDMI when pressing Home button on the Zidoo
    -if DOES turn off the TV & AMP when the Zidoo is sent to standby

Volume controls are ignored completely regardless connected to TV or AMP in all cases.
    In fact, the TV volume controls that always work to the amp via HDMI CEC, do not work then I have the Zidoo connected, my only way to manage the volume is using the AMP remote.

My setup works 100% HDMI CEC Volume with Playstation 5, the TV to the Amp, Vero 4K+ and AppleTV 4K and not with the Zidoo, so this is an issue with the Zidoo that doesn't have the HDMI CEC Volume controls implemented to work as other normal devices.

It needs to be fixed with firmware.

10. DELUCAS

DELUCAS Well-Known Member

That seriously needs fixing on next firmware out . ;) ;)

11. Markswift2003

Yeah, they'll send out an SMD solder rework station with the next firmware.

darkeyes909 and leonkoum like this.
  12. Temearoo

Temearoo Active Member

I suppose that the german translator didn't see my warning dated of last september about this error in the default english translation. You should add this to the dedicated thread talking about the translation project.

13. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

Last edited: Jan 10, 2022
  14. DELUCAS

Can it be attached on the 1619 chipset . ;)

15. DELUCAS

16. DELUCAS

Foc ;) ha

17. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

These guys aint stupid so I think it wlll but likely a slightly different version (inverted flow). They typically release multiple variants on the same basis. Obviously the logic may also be integrated into an upgraded RTD1619.

Bottomline with this announcement I do expect a Realtek based 8K media player still to come sooner or later. Hisillicon and Sigma gave up it seems.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2022
  18. DELUCAS

As ive posted on Avforums there is 1619B RTB chipset

What B comes with or additional support ….…..?

maybe like 1295 / 1296 revisions we had on early Zidoo boxes .

But speculation on the new chipset for june and what the chipset they use will be intresting times ahead and maybe full support for Netflix ? ?
    Time will tell .

19. Sledgehamma

Sledgehamma Well-Known Member

If I remember correctly when testing CEC this is not a translation error.
    These two functions are just wrongly labeled.

20. Temearoo

Temearoo Active Member

Last september, the default english translation was inverted for the 2 options, vs the chinese text (it has been corrected since). As I use english as reference to translate in french, I did the same mistake in my translation, before to find the problem.

Sledgehamma likes this.