Beta version v6.3.45 for Z9X release

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by mirror, Oct 27, 2021.

1. Guzo

Guzo New Member

Possible bug : PGS subtitles appear on the screensaver for me when pausing during a movie.
    All fine with downloaded or external subtitles.

Kind of defeat the purpose :D

Attached Files:

2. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

Please stop bickering in public - take issues to PM's - the forum will then be much better for inexperienced members

3. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Ooh - the AFR one is real nasty..

Not sure what "Auto mode does not work with DV when the VS10 is on" - Auto what?

I'll check the corner thing later - the box I'm working on at the moment only has 4K but I have one with 2K so I'll plug it in in a bit.

TifKag likes this.
  4. Guzo

Guzo New Member

If Zidoo team reads this; any plans to display IMDb ratings for individual TV Show episodes again in the new interface? This was removed with the redesign a few betas ago and something I used to really like to see what people thought of an episode before I started it :( Please bring it back!

mytich likes this.
  5. Markswift2003

Right, it seems AFR doesn't work at all with "FrameRate Only" set!

The workaround for the moment seems to be to set <Playback/Frame_Rate Switch/Frame rate mode> to "Frame-Rate and Resolution"

And no sorry, corner labels for 1080p content only appear after a file is played, they are not invoked from a MediaInfo scrape.

6. TifKag

TifKag Active Member

Than it should be reported as a bug, because up to 6.3.40 it worked on all FW, and it's not logical to have the label after playing the video.
    There is even a switch in the settings for labels, and i stiil name the files as "Videoname.(2021).1080p.mkv".

7. JOE9007

JOE9007 Member

When will the uhd3000 version come out? .... I can't wait to test it ! :)
    As always thanks to the developers and all those who participate in the development of this spectacular player!

joe

8. Markswift2003

Ok, I think I jumped in too quickly with the frame rate thing - I did a restart and it seems to be working now...

Can anybody else confirm or deny an issue with Auto Frame Rate?

9. Valary

Valary New Member

Could you please explain what does the item 7 means:
    7. Added MQA and DTS disc for CD playback
    ?
    Zidoo perfom MQA decoding now? ( So I can decode Tidal Master tracks?)

10. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

My guess it means that these formats will be read now also using a burned disc inserted into a disc player attached to it.
    Very few people will be doing this.

MQA works only HiFi players with a DAC so I don't think it will work with a Z9X at all.

Last edited: Oct 27, 2021
  11. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

Yes, curious this - are you saying that Zidoo are only going to introduce it into the models which have an internal DAC? This would seem to make sense, if not frustrating to owners of other models, as, as I understand matters, the 2nd Unfold for MQA tracks can only take place inside the DAC itself. But then I'm bound to ask, if that is the case, if Zidoo have found another way to do this. They didn't announce their so called "HiFi" players were MQA compatible, when they entered the market. I missed this in the changes listed at the top of page 1 of this thread as I need to wait until the fw is available, so thanks to @Valary for bringing this to my attention.

Can anyone say for certain what the announcement means? as taking what I have said seems at odds with adding a CD player with MQA tracks on a disc inserted in it.

12. Stratos_K

Stratos_K Member

With firmware 6.3.45 if I set HDMI range to auto everything shows very dark in my Sony A90J. It was not like this with the previous firmware.

Is this normal or I should change anything?

13. sojer2005

sojer2005 Member

Yes, I have similar „issue”, but on LG CX.
    So I have changed to 16-235.

Last edited: Oct 27, 2021
  14. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

From my own HiFi topic:
    The new Zidoo HiFi players support Master Quality Authenticated (MQA) codec based music titles. Decoding on those models is done in HW using the DAC ES9068 chip by UHD3000/Neo S and using the XMOS UA216 chip with the NEO X model.
    No MQA support with Music Player on the other Zidoo models! An installed APP like UAPP may add it in SW though which misses some goodies then (in theory).

That part I can confirm.

15. Stratos_K

Stratos_K Member

Yes if I change to 16-235 it is fixed on mine also. But this is how it should be?

16. DennisTheMenace

DennisTheMenace Active Member

Yes BluRays are mastered @ 16-235 (limited rgb range)

17. Temearoo

Temearoo Active Member

I have my answer to the second question: no, they didn't add the function in this firmware. Supposed to be in the next one.

18. SilverEye

SilverEye New Member

Stupid question for sure,

Whats the difference from the Google version and the "regular" ?

Wondering which I should download.

The screensaver during pause, it's a most welcome add. :)

19. muha

muha Active Member

Google version adds Google Play Store. I personally find G FW lighter on memory.

20. giangi76

giangi76 Active Member

Hi Mark. No problem with AFR on my side (at least with 4k HDR10 / DV MKVs and VS10 engine active only for DV) ;)
    I instead can confirm the screen saver bug with subtitles staying on.

By the way, any chance you can forward to Zidoo team the issue with Samba sharing and chapter skipping crash I've reported yesterday? This issue has been going on with several FWs now and only with the Z9X unit (no problem with X9S, X8 or any PC I use in my network). It would be nice to have a solution. TY! :)

Markswift2003 likes this.