Beta version v6.3.45 for Z9X release

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by mirror, Oct 27, 2021.

1. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Don't pause with a subtitle on o_O

2. serg fedorov

serg fedorov Active Member

I tried all possible settings, including those on which AFR with the Dolby Vision engine worked correctly earlier. AFR always worked perfectly on firmware 35 and 41. Now on firmware 45, when the Dolby Vihion engine is turned on and content with Dolby Vision, WITHOUT HDR, AFR works only if enabled "for any content". When you turn on the auto or any other option, the AFR does not work and gives out 60fps.

3. Markswift2003

Sorry - I know there is a language barrier here but I do not understand which settings you mean:

Can you tell me your settings for Display/HDR

Is your television SDR, HDR or Dolby Vision?

"When you turn on the auto or any other option"
    What does this mean? Which "Auto"?

4. Raymond Lim

Raymond Lim Member

Mirror, when can we expect this new firmware version to be rolled out to the UHD3000 and the rest? Pls don't make us wait too long. This version seems to fix one of my problems with HDD. Can't wait :)

5. serg fedorov

My TV SDR, Pioneer 5090. Therefore, I use the Dolby Vision engine (VS10).
    I used your settings and tried to change them.
    AUTO means HDR.
    Display- HDR-Auto - AFR 60fps (When using dolby vision content)
    And so with all points except one: Display-HDR-Dolby Vision VS10 Engine (For all content)-AFR 23.976/ Ok.

6. serg fedorov

One more problem:
    If you enable Display-HDR-Dolby Vision VS10 Engine (For HDR, DV content), then an error occurs - crash to the desktop. There is sound, but no picture. I look at the zidou icons. This usually happens when you turn it on for the first time, after a reboot everything is OK.
    Perhaps I will return to the 41st firmware.

7. Markswift2003

For SDR TV you should use "Dolby Vision VS10 Engine (For all content)" because if you use "Auto" then Realtek engine is used for HSR>SDR conversion and it is really bad.

Not to worry though - AFR and HDMI levels have been optimised for the next update.

8. serg fedorov

Thank you very much!
    The Dolby Vision 10 engine is just Super !!! He breathed a second life into my TV and projectors, which are without HDR.
    I am pleased with the picture, and if there are any improvements, I will only be glad. The main thing is not to spoil what is good.
    Thanks.

Markswift2003 likes this.
  9. leonkoum

leonkoum Active Member Beta test group

..and when will be this?

darkeyes909 likes this.
  10. Stratos_K

Stratos_K Member

With the latest firmware I noticed that HT 4.0 now correctly identifies Zack Snyders Justice League as 4K that was not the case before (It was identifying it as 1080p). But there is still no 4K tag in the poster even after I run the file.

Why this is happening?

11. sojer2005

sojer2005 Member

Are Quick Settings and HT in this firmware version loaded with the latest English translation from Transifex?

12. cucnz

cucnz Active Member

DV VS10 seems a lot darker with this patch
    (ive been running vs10 for HDR/SDR since it was an option ,and the earlier vs10 b4 that)

example
    sdr series
    3rd rock from the sun ......im up to season 6 so have a good mental image of what the series looks like on my setup
    Tommy now has almost black hair compared to dark brown for 6 seasons
    Other shows and Wrath of Man all seem darker too

13. sojer2005

sojer2005 Member

Yes, I think so. I have a similar impression. Of course I have everything set to 16-235.

14. Markswift2003

Soon :)

15. Markswift2003

If you have a non-Dolby Vision display (ie HDR or SDR) then the levels using VS10 are now correct for all displays including Samsung and Philips which were previously too high.

If you have a Dolby Vision Display then nothing has changed.

The next update stabilises level switching logic some more.

Cyclion and tugar like this.
  16. tugar

tugar New Member

@Markswift2003, this black level issue is not present for projectors, it's a fix for TV, is that correct?

17. eak10400

eak10400 New Member

But firmware before its have. I remember that because
    Im ever been setting picture paramiter when open movie WonderWoman1984 in DV on Zidoo Z9X.

18. Markswift2003

No, it's a fix for displays that do not have selectable HDMI levels for YUV. Ostensibly these are Samsung and Philips displays, some SDR displays, and also apparently Sony projectors, but I can't confirm that as I haven't seen an EDID from one.

If anyone has a Sony projector I'd be interested in seeing the EDID by the way..

19. Markswift2003

They were never available for native DV - as far as I know VS10 doesn't allow that.

20. pcristi

pcristi Active Member

Same to me, for now back to v6.3.41 where VS10 for SDR,HDR,DV contain is look better, waiting next FW.

rockmeloman likes this.