Beta version v6.1.03 for Z9X

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by mirror, Feb 3, 2021.

1. OlivierQC

OlivierQC Well-Known Member

Hello Mirror,

Do you think it's possible to improve BDmenu support with some ISO ( Avatar: Extended Collector's Edition for example) or have you done the maximum you can with what you have ?

2. blenky

blenky Well-Known Member

I have an LG CX. As always I have the option of 'Dolby Vision Low Latency(LLDV, YUV422,12Bit)', I don't see any other LLDV options. Is that because the panel does not support them?

3. vddan

vddan Active Member

Ditto ....... super function !!!
    I never had an image of this quality ............ thank you to the Team!

4. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

Thank you Mark, much appreciated. I might be in touch but when my Z1000 Pro receives the new firmware

5. blenky

blenky Well-Known Member

I have given up with asking for improved bluray menu support! I assumed it's gone as far as it can. I have blurays that the Z9S and Z9X have never been able to play.

6. afss

afss Active Member

No changes on MKV DV FEL playback yet, right ?

7. DELUCAS

DELUCAS Well-Known Member

Still early but is this firmware looking positive so far ..........?

8. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Not yet. Hoping for an answer soon...

In fact I did get an answer back, but I don't think they understood the question so I've tried again!

9. Markswift2003

On the whole, so far so good.

The biggest problem is the port of the web interface to HTML 5 which needs a lot of work, but the firmware seems solid enough.

DELUCAS likes this.
  10. Sledgehamma

Sledgehamma Well-Known Member

it’s working better for me than before. Couldn’t change covers before but now it actually works. Rematching seems better as well.
    what’s not working for you?

DELUCAS likes this.
  11. Markswift2003

Yes that's right - the only display I've seen support 10-bit LLDV is a Philips (EDID courtesy of @Sledgehamma ) which is what led me to helping HDFury to support it properly which then led us to realise that Zidoo's implementation was backwards...

So if your display supports 10/12-bit 444/RGB LLDV, you'll now see the correct options in the HDR settings.

12. DELUCAS

DELUCAS Well-Known Member

Great slowly sorting issues one step at a time :)
    Id imagine the rest X series will get after chinese Spring Festival .

13. Rob W

Rob W Active Member

Dolby Vision standard DV is broken. Black screen on play. Was working in 0.90. Broken in 0.97 told them they had broken it, Broken in 0.98 sent error report told them again it was broken. Broken in V6.1.03.... Please stop breaking features that were previously working.

14. Markswift2003

It's not so much not working, just a bit funky!

The landing page scaling doesn't work:

upload_2021-2-3_19-18-54.png

Covers don't always populate:

upload_2021-2-3_19-20-31.png

Fair amount not translated, for example:

upload_2021-2-3_19-21-35.png

upload_2021-2-3_19-22-27.png

upload_2021-2-3_19-24-0.png

15. Sledgehamma

Sledgehamma Well-Known Member

Yes, scaling can be a bit problematic for TV series as well.

Attached Files:

16. Markswift2003

I can get Standard DV to output here...

17. Markswift2003

Yeah - I feel I might have to dust off the old bug reports for this one....

18. Rob W

Rob W Active Member

On what display? Doesn't work on LG C6 TV was working on 0.90 firmware. Check this It's just DV Standard 4k 30p navigating around the GUI and bugs like hell. When starting a DV file at 4k 24p it also goes to black screen.

Last edited: Feb 3, 2021
  19. Markswift2003

That looks like it's losing sync - are you sure it's 4K30 and not 4K60 since that would stress the HDMI chain?

I'm cheating - I use a Vertex to get the Zidoo to output LLDV to a Samsung display but if I change the Dolby block to Standard DV I can output that as well, albeit with colours that take me right back to the Hacienda in Manchester in the late 80's!!

But the point is that, although a bit psychedelic, it will output a stable Standard DV signal.

Maybe other LG owners can chip in here...

20. Fatih Durmus

Fatih Durmus Member

Why I cant see this dv options. (I dont have dv tv yet)

Attached Files: