New firmware v1.0.38 for ZIDOO X6 release

Discussion in 'ZIDOO X6 Pro' started by mirror, Jun 3, 2016.

1. Harlan

Harlan Active Member

Nope, the first thing I did after the upgrade was to rename my advancesettings.xml file, and this version of ZDMC has no audio sync problems running without it.

2. neamielu

neamielu Member

I also found a strange issue on 1.0.38, which I didn't noticed before.
    A stream which I could watch properly on other android devices was stretched (cinema ultrawide aspect ratio forced to 16:9, resulting in very thin personages). Z key (a/r for other „normal” kodi versions) couldn't do anything, so I watched the movie on my phone..

3. stefan-ott

stefan-ott Member

RKMC is th eonly entry i have in the Video-Settings... so i suppose that with mediacodec you mean
    - Framepacking 3D
    - Force HGMI-24Hz Bluray3D
    - Auto swith HDMI-3D Bluray3D
    ??
    Or where would i diable the mediacodec?

So, i turned these 3 off and restarted zdmc (because when you just reboot it does not save your changes) and rebooted afterwards. Result: Does not make any difference

Stuff that was out of sync:
    Red Bull TV Video Addon/Red Bull TV/Featured/Downhill Finals - UCI MTB World Cup 2016: Fort William, UK
    Zattoo Box/SRF1 HD
    DBVBLink PVR Addon/13th Street HD
    ... but you can basically choose any from the available streams/channels on these apps.. all out of sync

And yes, i did a fresh installation, my steps:
    1: Flashed the x6 with Zidoo X6 Flashing Tool (v1.39) and Zidoo X6 Flash Image (V1.0.33). (https://aubreykloppers.wordpress.com/2016/03/13/zidoo-x6-pro-v1-0-33-update-procedures-in-english/)
    2: Did a local upgrade with ZIDOO_X6_Pro_v1.0.38_ota_20160603.zip from this forum post.
    -> Result: Out of sync

How do you mean, that "clearing the data of zdmc would be better to confirm this"? How can i clear more than a totally fresh install?

BUT ONCE MORE: by setting the Audio offset 0.250s ahead and "set as default for all media" works for me! (kind of the same workaround as with the advancesettings.xml

AND AGAIN: i would be more thankful if you would focus on the following:
    and if you want more issues:
    here from before
    and another one: the stream preview-window in the "List" view in the DBVBLink PVR Addon is not scaled down (as it is done in every other kodi); it is just cropped from the full screen.

4. Harlan

Harlan Active Member

Re: RKMC is th eonly entry i have in the Video-Settings... so i suppose that with mediacodec you mean

You need to change the settings level at the bottom of the Video system settings page to Advanced or Expert, before you can access the non-RKMC Acceleration section.

5. sarantos

sarantos Member

Is now everything now opening with zidoo theater?
    I get many "error"s ,not many things open with 1.0.38. is there something i must do?

6. stefan-ott

stefan-ott Member

oh.. probably i forgot that after an all fresh installation the settings level might be lower again than expert :)

however.. not really bothered to try it :) (don't wanna mention why, because i mentioned it quite a few times already)

7. hisound

hisound New Member

All firmware is .33 after mega fail.
    1. Sound out of sync in ZDMС none of the proposed methods simply do not work. (Disable hardware acceleration is simply laughter).
    2. Autoframerate works still incorrectly to the stock player all video fail with 24Hz frame rate should be displayed only 1080p otherwise it does not work (in 16.1 ZDMC now it is working properly).
    3. Micro stuttering in YouTube still is, even at 60Hz video.
    4. Video Output 23.976 any players including ZDMC also has micro stuttering.
    5. ZDMC 16.1 passthrough sound output disappears at the beginning of playback as during playback.

I have listed the main shortcomings of the leash, a respected team zidoo before selling his product to be tested, we do not want to be forever in your guinea experimentation.

Last edited: Jun 8, 2016
  8. stefan-ott

stefan-ott Member

please don't be rude .. if you want "tested" stuff, wait for the online updates...

9. cobra78

cobra78 Member

Zidoo clearly said this is testing firmware and if there are no problems reported they will release it as an ota update.
    Please provide logcats, dmesg's and Kodi logs with sample media files with the problems you have so Zidoo can reproduce it and find solutions.
    Just saying videos stutter or there is no audio doesn't provide enough information to find the root cause of the problems.

In a Terminal app
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=jackpal.androidterm&hl=en
    Type 'dmesg'

For logcats, there are several apps on Google Play
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.nolanlawson.logcat&hl=en
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.tortel.syslog

For Kodi logs
    http://kodi.wiki/view/Log_file/Easy

10. hisound

hisound New Member

It is not rude this recognition errors including my ...
    Only the truth and Feedback
    If you think that I did not provide the reports you are wrong.
    Provide logs and we will solve the problem of the standard answer, but first you need to delve then have to ask the question, and feedback for the team zidoo

11. Paulus

Paulus Member

1.0.38 ? Mmmhh, too many negative feedbacks. I'll pass, this time, waiting for 1.0.39 ...
    More interested in new VideoPlayer 2, also if alpha. It seems a step forward in external subtitles management. We will see ....

12. stefan-ott

stefan-ott Member

OK, i did have some spare seonds...
    1) .. put the view to expert level
    2) diabled both mediacodec accelerators
    3) restarted zdmc
    4) restarted x6
    -> result: no change.. audio 0.250s out of synch ..

however: please fix
    - the issues with dvblink pvr addon
    - speed/response time of user interfaces (specially zdmc)

13. Paulo Correia

Paulo Correia Member

Audio at first when I installed firmware 1.0.38 was not in synch on xdmc. Using xunity maintenance I cleared all of my libraries, cleared my cache, deleted packages folder. I then exited xdmc, and deleted my cache from android. I then restarted the box and audio is in synch now. I also now have the Rockchip and mediacoder accelerators enabled and doesn't crash as it did before. Big improvement.
    The only thing I'm not ecstatic about is the remote control, although I do like that I can program it to adjust my AV Receivers volume. For typing I use a Logitech K400R wireless keyboard.

14. stefan-ott

stefan-ott Member

...interesting how the out of sync audio is a big topic having people claiming it works and other (like me) which are not really bothered about it, because there are good workarounds...

however, if any cached "trash" is causing the out of sync issue, the zidoo team needs to fix the following:
    • on a fresh install via flashing tool any cashed crap should be deleted
    • implement am option in zdmc, a zdmc addon or am android app which can remove all this crap with one click
    because such trash might also lead to further issues in future..

yes! i do agree!

this is why i am trying to get 2 issues fixed.. then the box would be very nice
    as reminder
    • dvblink pvr addon buffering quite a lot
    • responsiveness/speed of zdmc could be better/faster

15. Paulo Correia

Paulo Correia Member

Linux/open elec is much better if all you care about is kodi. I'm thinking of maybe selling my x6 and going back to my older quad core amlogic S802 pure Linux box. It only has kodi installed, no android, much faster with kodi and more stable. I'm not sure if I will miss a few android apps I've gotten accustomed to using. For an android box the x6 is good. If they had an open elec build for the rockchip 3368 processor that would be killer.

Weirdest thing, audio is out of sych again. I have to use the work around fix. I'm ok with that, but am perplexed as to why after a few days of audio being ok it is now out of sych again.

Last edited: Jun 9, 2016
  16. jeffreydeleeuw

jeffreydeleeuw New Member

dualboot openelec and android would be the bomb

17. stefan-ott

stefan-ott Member

just put openelec on my tronsmart ara x5 .. works like a gem .. but.....

this is a x6 forum .. and we are trying to get the box working fine :)
    ..and we are almost there :)

18. Paulo Correia

Paulo Correia Member

Didn't think of dual boot, that would be the best of both worlds

19. jvanhambelgium

jvanhambelgium Member Beta test group

Hi,
    It would also be interesting to know which files ZIDOO uses to "test" against. A clear set of files of various types that can be perhaps downloaded so we al use the same "reference"
    In my case in the MKV movies I look for conversations so you can see fast that audio is not in sync with movements of mouth.
    My MKV's are always very big (not smaller then 15Gbytes) so not easy to provide them.
    I will try to summarize in a later reply some settings and find some logfiles.

stefan-ott likes this.
  20. Xoxi Xiola

Xoxi Xiola Member

Ok, let me explain some things. First , zidoo said audio out of sync us fixed. Well, I don't think so. I suspect they merged advancedsettings.xml containing workaround to hide the problem. Obviously, if your installation is not clean (you have zdmc already installed), advancedsettings will not be overwritten. So make sure you have advancedsettings set as I suggested here.

Second, don't expect dual boot with Openelec. Too much effort, I'm very sure it won't happen