New firmware v1.0.38 for ZIDOO X6 release

Discussion in 'ZIDOO X6 Pro' started by mirror, Jun 3, 2016.

1. Walkingtree

Walkingtree New Member

I have figured out that that fortunately turning off "Accelerate RKCodec" resolved 2 last problems, but still there is no sound time to time when audio pass through is on.

2. dferregu

dferregu Member

Dear friends. First of all. Thank you zidoo team for the continuous work to try improve rk chipsets...

so do I am disapointed with .38 firmware. I was happy with .36 but as I allways test new firmwares i installed 0.38 and I did a factory reset... Not a specific fail but I do not like. Flipboard do not work again. 3D AVCDH files mts do not work...

Maybe the new rk sdk still been bad

Regards

3. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

dudes with audio sync problem. can you guys also try disabling mediacodec ( all of them ) and only let RK on ? , then restart zdmc ( or the box )

4. neamielu

neamielu Member

no news regarding a backup app for kodi settings, huh?
    I have tried many apps pretending to do this, but kodi settings seems to be under special permissions, the backup apps are failing all the time.

5. Xoxi Xiola

Xoxi Xiola Member

Anybody confirm, is root working ?

6. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

use the onekay root. it works just fine

7. Xoxi Xiola

Xoxi Xiola Member

To Zidoo devs - is there any solution to be able to backup current firmware planned?

8. cobra78

cobra78 Member

There are several guides to backup your Rockchip firmware.
    eg. TWRP Recovery, AndroidTool v2.35, RockSplitDump tool etc. on Freaktab forum.

9. Xoxi Xiola

Xoxi Xiola Member

None of them are official. I asked official way

10. cobra78

cobra78 Member

Those are the official ways to backup Rockchip firmware.
    There are no other ways.
    Zidoo will also not make it easier since all the other RK3368 companies will just copy and backup their firmware easily then to use on their devices.
    If you want other ways to backup you will wait forever.

11. Xoxi Xiola

Xoxi Xiola Member

Please be serious. Why are you even mentioning twrp, which prevents official otas to be installed? I know are Android solutions to make backup, but it',s difficult with zidoo

12. neamielu

neamielu Member

it's a pitty there is no backup option, lots of people are buying more than one zidoo device and they have to configure and fine tune twice what could've be done only once.
    ok, i understand, maybe they are reluctant to give us the possibility to backup the whole system, but kodi?..

13. bigpoppapaul

bigpoppapaul Member

Use USB-SD Card Wizard, I've been using it for a long time to back up my Kodi/ZDMC. It's very effective. https://seo-michael.co.uk/how-to-backup-and-restore-xbmc-kodi/

14. bigpoppapaul

bigpoppapaul Member

Use this to back up your addons, settings, etc and then recover it after the upgrade. I know from extensive use that it works. It's called USB-SD Card Wizard. https://seo-michael.co.uk/how-to-backup-and-restore-xbmc-kodi/

15. jvanhambelgium

jvanhambelgium Member Beta test group

Hi, my testing of the 1.0.38 was not really positive actually.

> Tried 3 of 4 movies, mix of MKV & BR-Folder
    > Audio out-of-sync always present with HD-audio streams. Changing (in ZDMC) to AC3 5.1 seems to get the audio in sync
    > Also, with this release often "loss of audio" when doing fast-forward. enable/disable "passthrough" or selecting other audio-track seems to "align" things again and I get sound.

I have tried to enable/disable the 2 "acceleration" options in ZDMC Menu (the RKxxxx Hardware Accelleration option seems to be gone compared to previous versions) but no real change.
    ZDMC 16.1 is used.

Soooo....not yet there ;-(

16. stefan-ott

stefan-ott Member

yup, double checked: on ZDMC startup-screen and under system info it says 16.1
    and with 0.250s corrections it works like it should ..

i rather guess people who have it fixed have a leftover from a previous correcttion .. becausemy installation was all fresh

17. adam1411

adam1411 New Member

Is the Zidoo crew reading our problems? The sound with ZDMC is out of sync (or no sound at all) And i think that a lot of people want to go back to a older firmware version.

When i play movies with mediaCenter, i dont have problems at all

18. adam1411

adam1411 New Member

19. freeroc

freeroc Active Member

Hello,
    As our test engineer confirm this verison have resolve the audio out of sync.
    So I wanna ask you confirm if it is all fresh installation, Clear the data of zdmc would be better to confirm this.
    In addition, could you please tell me what video you played? DVD ? ts ?mkv?

20. cobra78

cobra78 Member

Can you provide a ZDMC log, logcat and also sample videos to test for your problems, so others can reproduce?
    Also what settings are you using for audio and video in ZDMC?