Zidoo Z9X PRO and Samsung 82q950r

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619BPD)' started by altcoinfanatic, Sep 22, 2023.

1. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

If you can send me an offending file with Dutch subs I can test and confirm...

2. I have send you the offending file by PM/conversation

3. Markswift2003

Not entirely sure.

Firstly, setting Nederlands results in no standard sub being selected. The English track is being chosen because it's flagged as default and forced, so your forced sub settings presumably reflect that (Auto or Default).

Selecting "Nederlands (Nederland)" doesn't work as you say, but the sub is "International Dutch" so maybe it's a sub labeling issue.

My advice, and this goes for any content in any language, is to always remux with only the audio track you want and only the subtitle track you want and set the sub to Default and Forced as needed.

4. What about the following 2 issues I have:

1. That same file with dutch subtitles has issues showing {\an8} (positioning tags) in the subtitles.
    This tag means to show the line at the top of screen instead of bottom as it may get in the way of something on screen.
    Currently it shows the tag in the subtitle instead of interpreting it. Are you able to replicate?

2. Since couple of days, if I restart my z9x pro the device auto reboots itself after starting to read my sata hdd. I have to disconnect the sata hdd in order to reboot properly and then connect it again after a succesfull startup.

5. Markswift2003

1. No - not seeing that, I just get the subtitles showing as expected at the bottom without any tags.

2. Not a clue, sorry.

6. Can this sub labeling issue be fixed?

7. Markswift2003

Have to be honest I don't know enough about subs to know where the fault lies - I've always been in the habit of removing all subs I don't want to keep so it's not something I've had to deal with.

What I don't understand is that the file shows the Dutch subs as "Dutch (nl; dut)" which makes sense, but the subtitle options in the Zidoo are "Nederlands (Belgie)" and "Nederlands (Nederland)"

I would expect "Nederlands (Nederland)" to match with "dut" but obviously not.

8. netherlands has 3 digit language afaik: DUT and NLD. I tried "Nederlands (Belgie)" also but that isn't working either. Playing same mkv file works fine on my Dune device with dutch subtitles. This happens on all files on the zidoo.
    Can you check if the zidoo supports Dutch (nl; dut) and if not what would be needed to support it please?

9. JackMikkers

JackMikkers New Member

Like mentioned in the other thread, it works perfectly fine for me with these settings
    standaard taal.jpg geforceerde ondertitels.jpg

Last edited: Dec 26, 2023
  10. This does not fix the issue I have mentioned above. @Markswift2003 Can you test the above settings with the offending file I send you and see if it has been fixed for you?

11. Markswift2003

First thing to say is I have zero experience using Dutch subtitles.

But... I set the box language to Nederlands.

I set the subtitles as @JackMikkers showed above and played your file.

As you say, it plays the English forced subtitles, which means it's ignoring the forced settings I set.

However, if what @JackMikkers says is correct, and those settings work for content with Dutch subtitles, then I have to conclude that there's something in your file that the Zidoo doeasn't like.

Subtitles are a pain in the ar*e st times and as I keep saying, the very best way to tackle them is to only mux the subtitles you want - there's just no reason to keep any you don't want unless you intend to learn Mandarin or Lithuanian one day....

12. Can you ask the zidoo developers if they can support the nl; dut label as this seems as a easy fix (sub labeling issue)? If not, can you point me where I can contact them?

13. Markswift2003

Email service@zidoo.tv and point them to this thread.

14. Thanks!

15. JackMikkers

JackMikkers New Member

This might be crucial; i'm only using .srt subtitles because .pgs is much too big on a 83" tv

16. Markswift2003

This test file has internal SRT text subs.

17. It works fine with external srt files (detects dutch automatically). The issue is with internal dutch text subs.