Zidoo Z9X / HDFury

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by Edworld, Feb 7, 2023.

1. Edworld

Edworld Member

Dune Real vision and nvidia

2. Edworld

Edworld Member

Here is the edid from Zidoo to Sony TV

Attached Files:

• edid.txt
      File size:
      256 bytes
      Views:
  3. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

OK, I'm not sure how you're getting Dolby Vision on the Shield because it doesn't use VS10 and last time I looked you can't force Dolby Vision.

On the Dune, if you set HDR Mode to VS10 and force DV it will output DV regardless of the EDID.

The Zidoo is a lot more flexible in that you can send your own EDIDs.

Ok - load this EDID into the Zidoo:

https://mega.nz/file/RexnnaqT#HUPo82fXqtZb394QCG5aGxLKKyMYHSeWk3mofUisKY8

4. Edworld

Edworld Member

Thanks.

Nvidia doing Dolby through Kodi 21.

Regarding the dune, that is exactly what I did, all HDR content rendered as dolby vision.

What I didn't understand with the zidoo, is why it wouldn't play Dolby vision content. I am assuming it has a different implementation compared to the Dune.

And yes, I agree that the zidoo is a more flexible device

I will test the new edid file later today.

Thanks once again

5. Markswift2003

Ah that explains the Nvidia...

Yes the Zidoo implements this using custom EDIDs which although more complex, is way more configurable.

I always wondered if Dune would copy this from us, but they haven't so far.

6. Edworld

Edworld Member

Thanks Mark!

Today I was surprised by monoprice delivering an intetgral2 at a reasonable price.

It came with the latest software but I'm unable to execute the GUI in a readable way. I am running the GUI on a windows 10 computer and the GUI version is 2.34

Any recommendations?

Thanks Again

7. Markswift2003

What do you mean "I'm unable to execute the GUI in a readable way"

8. Edworld

Edworld Member

When I launch the application I get this:

upload_2023-5-17_14-26-20.png

9. Markswift2003

10. Edworld

Edworld Member

Do you think reading the readme file helps?

upload_2023-5-17_14-54-48.png

11. Markswift2003

Possibly - in my experience that's to do with the GUI size, but yes, definitely worth a go.

12. Edworld

Edworld Member

I got it to display correctly and I am assuming that options are grayed out because no devices are connected

upload_2023-5-17_15-10-16.png

13. Edworld

Edworld Member

@Markswift2003

I finally found time to read and play with the settings.

I am using the integral to send video to my tv and audio to my denon 4520, based on what I read, I'am feeding audio and video to both devices and by having auto scaling selected all my videos are being displayed at 4k. Below are my settings:

upload_2023-5-17_20-45-26.png

I would like to have video displayed with no scaling. I've tried the no scale option, but with that option no audio goes to the receiver. Do you know of any settings I need to change to make this happen?

Edit: I am assuming that every time you make a change to the settings you have to reset the entire chain.

Edit 2: If I select no scaling I get no audio on receiver and tv, I will continue to read

Thanks

Last edited: May 18, 2023
  14. Markswift2003

No idea why the audio would be missing - I have never used scaling - both my Vertex and Vertex 2 devices have "No Scaling" ticked.

Resetting the chain kind of depends on what you change - usually no action is needed.

15. Edworld

Edworld Member

On the CEC tab, do you have CEC enabled? arc allow?

Is there a visual to know if you are in splitter mode vs matrix?

Thanks

16. Markswift2003

I have CEC turned off as it belongs in the pestilential pits of hell.

You use the Active Input drop down.

I use a Vertex 2 so that's a little different as it has 4 inputs so if you set a matrix there are more options.

I think for Matrix mode on the Integral 2 you have to select it in Active Input - So Matrix Thru is just RX0>TX0, RX1>TX1 and Matrix Swap is the only other matrix option which is RX0>TX1, RX1>TX0.

17. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

Haha! Where did you get that from? Sounds better than the work of the devil