Zidoo Z9X / HDFury

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by Edworld, Feb 7, 2023.

1. Jimbo Randy

Jimbo Randy Active Member

I do not get that on my setup? I'm not sure why that is happening. Is the click loud? Can you take a recording?

2. Edworld

Edworld Member

Maybe I am doing something wrong, but can't get it to work this way, I assumed it was because the tv is earc and receiver only arc. So i bought the orei and currently have the zidoo to tv, tv to orei and orei to denon.

3. Edworld

Edworld Member

upload_2023-5-10_13-25-8.png

4. Jimbo Randy

I wish there was like an actual comparison chart that explained the differences between these models.....

I went on HDFUry's discord channel and the tech support person literally told me it's the Arcanna 2 VRR. Ugh....

5. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

It's difficult to draw comparisons between the generations because they do different jobs.

The Integral 2 is a Vertex 1 without the OLED screen. Basically a 600MHz (4K60 max) 2x2 multiplexer/splitter/scaler with EDID, HDR IF, AVI IF, CEC and RS232 control. It will read but not directly control the DV infoframe. Custom HDR control is not very sophisticated and it's kind of a set and forget box because it only has an app that's usable when connected to a PC by USB - there is no webserver.

6. Jimbo Randy

Are there cheaper optons than the Integral 2 to get a simple audio/video split, like the AVR Key? I think $250 for the capability is bull, lol.

Edworld likes this.
  7. Markswift2003

If you just want to split off audio there are a ton of audio breakout boxes for a few dollars - just Google "hdmi audio extractor".

B0RN likes this.
  8. Jimbo Randy

From what I saw, a lot of them were hit or miss, sort of like fiber HDMI cables, ha. But yea, I'll check it out, thanks.

9. Edworld

Edworld Member

My Denon 4520 can handle 4K Dolby vision but not HDR. I connected the zidoo to the Denon and the Denon to my Sony A80K and regardless of the settings on the zidoo, my tv will not display Dolby Vision even though other boxes do.

Any idea on what settings I need to change on the zidoo? I currently have Dolby Vision with HDR content in the settings. My assumption now is that the zidoo and my denon 4520 don't communicate well.

10. Markswift2003

It's very simple - If the EDID allows Dolby Vision then the Zidoo will produce Dolby Vision, if it doesn't, it won't.

11. Edworld

Edworld Member

Thanks for responding and I obviously don't understand who creates the EDID to begin with.

But, why would two boxes be able to produce dolby vision through my Denon and the zidoo doesn't?

12. Markswift2003

In this case, the EDID is initially from the display and then modified by the amp to add sound formats supported by the amp - if you post it here I can take a look:

To Download EDID
    ================

Settings/Display/Custom EDID/Save EDID

Save to a USB stick or network location.

Change the file extension from .bin to .txt to upload to the forum

(The forum won't accept .bin files)

13. Edworld

Edworld Member

Attached is the file

Attached Files:

• edid.txt
      File size:
      256 bytes
      Views:
  14. Markswift2003

Ok, there's your reason - that EDID is restricted to SDR HDMI 1.4 only - it does not contain an HDR Block or a Dolby Block, so the Zidoo will not output HDR or Dolby Vision.

Attached Files:

15. Edworld

Edworld Member

16. Markswift2003

No - sorry, I should have said, that's just a report of the EDID - it's a standard text file.

According to the EDID, the port you have the Zidoo connected to does not support Dolby Vision.

If other boxes can produce Dolby Vision then the ports they are connected to must be setup differently, but on that receiver I can't see how.

Have you tried connecting the Zidoo to one of the ports one of those other devices is connected to?

17. Markswift2003

One thing that might be worth trying is to add a Dolby Block to that EDID.

If you connect the Zidoo direct to the TV and grab the EDID direct from the TV I can extract the Dolby Block from that EDID and add it to the Denon one.

18. Edworld

Edworld Member

I have tried the zidoo on the other 2 inputs that according to my Sony TV are displaying dolby vision and it doesn't work either.

19. Markswift2003

Not sure what you're seeing, but at the end of the day, if the EDID doesn't contain a Dolby Vision Block then no source will produce Dolby Vision when connected to it (unless the EDID is spoofed, for example with something like an HDFury device).

As I say, we can spoof the Zidoo if you send me the TV EDID but whether that will work or not I don't know...

20. Markswift2003

What are the other two sources by the way?