Zidoo X6 Pro ToDo list (software / firmware only)

Discussion in 'ZIDOO X6 Pro' started by neamielu, Mar 21, 2016.

1. neamielu

neamielu Member

since there are tens of bouncing threads around, I suggest to use only one thread for software and firmware requests and issues.
    once the developers are solving them, they can be put at peace by a strikethrough or color change, and new ones can follow.
    this way, the moderators and the developers could have access to all of our demands in only one place.
    this would work best pinned and edited as it updates, but since there are very few moderators I doubt they could manage the list (i.e. to keep all requests, solved or unsolved and marked accordingly on the the first post).

anyway, we could help ourself by copying in the new post we may add the whole list of demands, from the last message, but I know that means discipline, and only a few will read „the instructions”, of any at all :D

so here we are (feel free to add your own, but try to stick on the subject: firmware and software issues):

ToDo:

1. solve the A/V sync problem in 1.0.34
    2. Implement TWRP in rooted version of firmware
    3. add NasKit to the default apps - SOLVED

Last edited: Mar 28, 2016
  2. crocell

crocell New Member

Well, for me the very 1st "logical" thing to do is to implement is any "Unroot functionality" in OneKeyRoot tool ...

The second is to think about users that don't have any TV plugged to Zidoo, and only have a video projector at home -> implement any web server (like Chorus2 for Kodi) would be a great thing, allowing for example to change any setting in Zidoo without having to wait for the projector to warm and run just for 20 seconds of use :/ (implement of any RDC server would be better of course :) )

3. Paulus

Paulus Member

On Zidoo Theater/Native Player fix the external subs charset issue (ò,à,è,ù,é........), adding also the possibility to synch them changing timing (+ x msec, -x msec steps)
    Thanks

4. Gabor Kalmar

Gabor Kalmar New Member

Good idea this ToDo list!

My network video playing (Youtube from the internet, Kodi from local NAS) is laggy, not smooth. My internet is fast (200/100) and my local network is gigabit speed! I think the problem is in my X6 Pro, NOT in my home network. Maybe cache, buffer problem? Maybe hardware acceleration problem? I checked this in my friend home (another house, another network) and the issue was the same.

5. crocell

crocell New Member

wire connected ? or with wifi ?

6. Gabor Kalmar

Gabor Kalmar New Member

wired :( , but with wifi the problem is the same...or more laggy
    playing from USB winchester is without problem
    so i think the problem is in the network part of the X6

7. lucagb76

lucagb76 New Member

USB external BD / DVD drive support.

Thanks

neamielu likes this.
  8. Android arun

Android arun Member

AAc 5.1 passthru

thanks

9. PacoRabanne

PacoRabanne Well-Known Member Beta test group

++++++++ 1

10. neamielu

neamielu Member

Have you tried AirDroid?

11. crocell

crocell New Member

I think about real background service ...

Screen mirror with apps (often) requires rooted devices ; as far as I remember, root is not required with Airdroid, but screen mirror functionality requires registration/connection to their website, and I'm not really fan of this kind of process :/, and there is absolutely no mouse support (plz keep in mind that mirroring app is not remote control app ;) 1st is for copy screen, 2nd is for full remote control)

12. HDMEDIA

HDMEDIA Member

+++++++1

13. grummel2005

grummel2005 Well-Known Member

+/- 0 :)

Anton Bernd likes this.
  14. neamielu

neamielu Member

very helpful, @grummel2005, I'm sure you will be served first :D

@crocell yes, you are right, airdroid is not really working, I tested myself and is very sluggish. what about teamviewer host? I'm going to give this one a try, too.

later edit: just installed Teamviewer Host and.. is not working (I could install it, it is running, I can see the details HW details, but the screen is not transmitted, the client stays in „initializing display parameters„ phase. I was thinking this might be related to X6 hardware specificity, since it lacks the display, maybe the remote software cannot handle the HDMI output.

I might add this one to my wanted list. :(

Last edited: Mar 22, 2016
  15. neamielu

neamielu Member

I wonder if someone have tried the NASKit version for X9 on X6.
    Found some info and link to apk here, but no word about x6 compatibility..

16. PacoRabanne

Have yourself tried it?

Currently I'm not interested to NAS services because (currently) I don't need it.
    But I'm a little afraid to add a backgroud service that access flash memory, because on my X6, every time it's doing something that write on flash (i.e. during Google Play app updates, or a backup, and even during the Kodi/ZDMC backup script), X6 becomes unresponsive, or at least doesn't respond to IR remote commands.
    I don't know if is a problem only on mine X6 or other have seen the same behavior.
    I'd like very much to receive any feedback about, from other users and also from Zidoo.
    I'm not a pain in the neck :rolleyes:

17. neamielu

neamielu Member

no, not yet, I was hoping someone else did, or a moderator to stop me, or something, to be honest :D I presume if it was compatible, then @spring would have noticed the other user asking for this in the other thread..
    but anyway, I am not using internal flash, I have a 2,5 HDD attached for torrent purposes (I only need very few things from torrents, mainly in my language, which are not on any streams). for the moment I am using Flud in background, which saves data on HDD, and I never noticed the unresponsive behaviour.
    I guess I will give that NASkit a try, can't figure what might go wrong, in the worst case I will uninstall it and that's it.

18. neamielu

neamielu Member

19. neamielu

neamielu Member

After a couple of days of testing Naskit I can tell you I didn't noticed any unresponsiveness or sluggish movement on x6. It might be related to the external storage, though, since this app is not using flash as app updates and the others you have mentioned. Actually while x6 updates apps same thing is happening here as well, as on any other Android device I have or I ever had, including 8-core phones, Intel based Lenovo Yoga tablet or official Nexus tablet - all the same, you update apps, you can't do anything else. My workaround for this issue was to deactivate the automatic updates, and to let them gathering quite a few, then once a week I manually update them, and that's it, no more unresponsiveness while doing something else.

20. PacoRabanne

Thanks, neamielu, about updates, my solution is switch on X6 and keep it "alone" for a few minutes. If there are any update, it do it, then no problem.
    Your is another fine way!