Zidoo x10 brooken boot after update to v2.0.15

Discussion in 'ZIDOO X10' started by kuli39, Apr 26, 2018.

1. kuli39

kuli39 Member

Hello. I just updated my zidoo x10 to latest (v2.0.15) version and it can't boot anymore. It says HELLO and screen is black. I tried few times and same results... Can anyone help me please?

2. kuli39

kuli39 Member

Anyone?:)

3. OlivierQC

OlivierQC Well-Known Member

Hello,

If you can not solve the problem, you can always make a flash of your box with an FW .img file.

click on the link and download the .img for the X10 and follow the procedure

http://forum.zidoo.tv/index.php?threads/zidoo-x10-review-updated-to-2-0-5.5596/page-6#post-35587

[​IMG]

During the flash of the box you have this screen and when it's finished you can try to upgrade to 2.0.15 again

[​IMG]

I do it often because I try different FW and I want to be sure that my X10 is clean

See you

4. kuli39

kuli39 Member

That is only way i can use to goo back from frozen HELLO.
    But after doing it and then trying to update with latest firmware is not working with HELLO on the box :/

5. kuli39

kuli39 Member

I wish to have latest firmware as a .img file and i think that would work.

6. kuli39

kuli39 Member

New stuff happened. Now im stuck on UP__. Any tips mates?

7. Sarco

Sarco Active Member Beta test group

8. kuli39

kuli39 Member

https://imgur.com/a/aliWsiP

Last update (no hope anymore)

When im doing reset firmware and back to 1.4.4 with img file it works like a baby.
    Any update via usb "OTA" (tried 2.0.5, 2.0.15) and is broken at booting with HELLO on box.
    that is weird... I was on 2.0.5 before... Now i even cant go back to 2.0.5.
    Only flashing from img file works... But it is old version (1.4.4 latest)

9. kuli39

kuli39 Member

Sarco i saw you on forum before. You helped a lot people on this forum. Please help me as well :)

I can fix box and go back to 1.4.4 version but i want to get latest one working. ANY update via OTA is breaking up my booting sequence (stuck on HELLO wihout anything on screen "black").

10. Sarco

Process can be very long, once I had to wait 5 minutes maybe more, make sure your file are not corrupt download again, reformat your thumb.

11. kuli39

kuli39 Member

I was with my girlfriend to do some shoping and when came back it still was on HELLO witch "black" screen.
    I did OTA to 2.0.5 when it was released and had no problems at all. Still have same USB stick and doing it same way as always.

12. kuli39

kuli39 Member

I can do flashing backl to 1.4.4 with .img file but that is no problem now :/
    Main problem is that i cant update to 2.0.15 with OTA form usb stick.
    I will record it. Give me ~10 min.

13. Sarco

Make sure to let zidoo restart for at least 5 minutes after flashing with .img some file need to upgrade after flash. Try another flash thumb drive for update zip file. I have no idea what could be the problem.

14. OlivierQC

OlivierQC Well-Known Member

hello,

i have same problem sometimes and it was my fault.

usb key 8gb max.
    fat 32
    file ''install'' (.img)

try with usb 3 port if it does not work, try usb 2 port

insert the key, press pin hole, turn on the box, when ''UP... '' appears
    released the pin hole and wait a few seconds and voila

15. Sarco

He does'nt have problem with flash, only when updating zip.

16. Sarco

I would try to redownload the update, look like corrupt file.

17. Sarco

For few last update I did'nt use usb thumb, I download on my zidoo and do update from the download folder.

18. kuli39

kuli39 Member

I tried to do .img file with the reset button but that never worked for me so i did other method with four other files. Everythime im doing method with reset button it will froze on UP__.

"If .img file fail (this process can take a long time be patient) you can use this tuto to create a rescue thumb. Use the second part: Extra create a rescue firmware by yourself. Of course use .img specific to your device X8 X9S or X10.

https://www.zidoo.tv/Support/support_guide/guide_target/LpUhOsHcwiveq7k9e[ld]3ulg==.html"

This method above and works well.

pics https://imgur.com/a/BreP1VQ and video https://files.fm/u/zmba7erd

19. kuli39

kuli39 Member

Just downloaded new OTA update to my zidoo device and same result... :/
    Just don't want to boot...
    What the heck is going on?

20. Sarco

I realy don't know.... Sorry...