ZIDOO X1 Official firmware bugtracker thread.

Discussion in 'ZIDOO X1' started by mirror, Jul 27, 2015.

1. Adl

Adl Member

Bugs: In latest kodi test version from zidoo.
    1. kodi use first time when start android resolution for example (1080p50hz). When a file with 720p60hz is played, kodi doesn't restore 1080p50hz resolution.
    2. aspect ratio on some files
    3. 4k files 100% cpu usage, doesn't use memory buffer so, kodi exit to playlist. Play only some seconds. If file is large, it pause and try to buffer, but memory is not filled with data, and kodi exit.
    4. if 4k files is played , then 1080p file has same issue.

I tried that to use streaming files, from plugins like apple trailers (1080p24). Playback smooth.
    Can you enable also buffering for files from local system or SMB/NAS mount ? I think because no buffering, no playback of 1080p/4k.
    Or buffering is disabled for mounted dir like \\nas\folder

2. 720p

720p Member Beta test group

I'm on 1.016 with the latest kodi build ZDMC-armeabi-v7a_20150806.apk.
    Playback shutters every second. It does the same for all the files : 720 /1080. Playback form Youtube (from Kodi) seems to be ok

I"m doing playback from NAS, connected over ethernet. I've also noticed that there is no buffering there
    My advancedsettings.xml file:

- <video>
    - <stagefright>
    <useavccodec>1</useavccodec>
    <usevc1codec>1</usevc1codec>
    <usevpxcodec>1</usevpxcodec>
    <usemp4codec>1</usemp4codec>
    <usempeg2codec>1</usempeg2codec>
    <useswrenderer>false</useswrenderer>
    </stagefright>
    </video>
    - <network>
    <buffermode>1</buffermode>
    <cachemembuffersize>157286400</cachemembuffersize>
    <readbufferfactor>20</readbufferfactor>
    </network>
    </advancedsettings>

3. piggy99

piggy99 New Member

The box does not auto detect if it is pal or NTSC. I find that I had boxes that keep saying unsupported signal because the unit default to PAL (in the america). Some TV are OK and will display, but for the six boxes that I bought, 3 had to be put to TV that can take pal signal and then change the NTSC. Yes, I love my Zidoo X1 (and thats why I bough 6 of them so far). Looking forward to the X6....

Adl likes this.
  4. Adl

Adl Member

Right.
    As a sugestion , will be great if we can control aspect ratio from zidoo.

5. Adl

Adl Member

i flashed version 17 using cable (no ota).
    Started kodi, configured, then tried some plugins:
    9gag, youtube, genesis, helenic (mtv hits).
    Seems that quality of this kodi is worst than kodi test version 0806.
    Also this kodi shutter in video stream files,
    blur on video that have motion.
    I saw also that upscaling not working. Low quality than test version.

Last edited: Aug 12, 2015
  6. Adl

Adl Member

Because shutter on video files every 2 sec, i switched to test version, where quality is much better, almost crystal, and smooth.
    Sorry for that, but i can see difference. (even dead pixels on high density of lcd screen with >550ppi). :)

7. cserem

cserem New Member

Sometimes when I switch the HDMI input of my TV to Zidoo, all I can see is white noise ( such as https://goo.gl/pCTPgk ).
    This happens randomly both on cold boot, and if Zidoo is turned on.
    I can see the TV searching for signal, and changing frequencies/resolutions.

What fixes this is changing the HDMI input on the tv for a few times, then it connects ok.
    Anyone else experinced this?
    (My other HDMI devices do not behave like this. Maybe it is an issue with the HDMI port of my TV or the HDMI cable itself?)

8. spring

spring Guest

Hi:
    This may two problem:
    1: Check the HDMI wire,is it the hdmi wire of zidoo?And then plug out ,then plug in the wire.
    2: Check the resolution of X1 set.Is it resolution the TV can support?
    ths!

9. barisg

barisg Member

The following android TV apps does not install from Google Play and declare "this application is not compatible with your device". Is there any way to make Zidoo X1 be compatible for Google Play installations?

1. Bloomberg TV+
    2. Hulu
    3. Netflix
    4. CNBC
    5. Redbox
    6. Crackle - Movies & TV
    7. FOX Sports Mobile
    8. NFL Mobile
    9. WatchESPN
    10. ESPN Play
    11. ...
    What is the pre-requisite to make them compatible with X1? Is there any hardware dependency or what?

10. hieuhien.vn

hieuhien.vn Member Beta test group

Hi, why X1 can not compatible with Kodi 14.2, 15.0, 15.1 ??? I start so slow, running not smooth. I was remove KODI ZDMC and install these version to test but now I can only running smooth with XBMC 13.1. Can you fix this problem on the new firmware? I was test on more firmware version and now is v1.0.17.

11. hieuhien.vn

Another problem that when you press the quick launch button on the status bar, it's so slow to response. You can check that by install some app, then open some app, after that press this button, you will see it is so slow

12. hieuhien.vn

And it so slow when I copy data of KODI from my USB to X1, I need waiting more more, on other box, it is faster than X1

13. spring

spring Guest

Hi:
    Can you ecord a video for me, so i can see what happened?
    ths!

14. hieuhien.vn

Need
    You can install the newest KODI version from Google Play Store or from Homepage of Kodi.tv and you will see my problem :(

15. spring

spring Guest

Hi:
    We only modify 14.2 with ZDMC codec,and the other version we have not compatible, so it not smooth.We will plan to go to the compatible with 15.1.
    ths!

16. hieuhien.vn

I need waiting about 10 minutes to completed @@ But on other models, I only waiting about 1 minute

17. hieuhien.vn

Another problem that I don't want show the alert when I watching any film in KODI ZDMC:
    "The video is 720@24H
    Do you want to adjust system refresh rate to match video?
    Change default: Setting->Video->Playback->Refresh rate switch"

Can you disable it?

18. spring

spring Guest

you can change it in the setting.

19. hieuhien.vn

We are selling X1 and our customer don't like that. Another problem with X1 that I see it so weakly, when I install the APK files from my USB, I need waiting more time, if I press install more APK files at the same time, X1 will be stop and crash. While on other model using rk3066, rk3188, amlogic s802, amlogic s805, amlogic s812, mstar...they're ok with this action, install from APK file very fast and I can press to install more apps as the same time, no need waiting more and no stop, no crash.
    Copy file from USB to X1 is so slow too. Is this problem with Allwinner H3 chipset? Can you optimize this on the next firmware?

20. HoneCharles

HoneCharles Active Member Zidoo TECH Supporter

We have solved it before,now we test it again with h3_v1.0.17 and CNBC、Redbox、NFL Mobile are not compatible also, others is ok, and we will find way to fix it next