Z9X Pro crashing on MKV files.

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619BPD)' started by Ray Nist, Apr 18, 2024.

Tags:
  1. Unclejoshc

Unclejoshc Member

I had the same issue with the router I had previously. The router I have now I got last year but the issue began years ago with the prior one too. I dont even know what a wifi mesh is. I have one modem that my ISP cable is plugged into, then a ethernet cable goes from that to the Spectrum router. Then I have 3 ethernet cables going direct from the router to my PC, my HiMedia Q10 and to my Zidoo. Everything else I use the WiFi from that router. Have zero speed issues for internet access via ethernet or wifi other than bandwidth congestion depending on time of day.

Have no issues downloading files from my PC to my phone. Uploads from my phone to my PC are useless. I have to upload to my Q10 or Zidoo, then transfer from them to my PC. Can't do it direct. I don't think it is related but just giving all info.

As far as I know I don't have any firewalls enabled.

2. Unclejoshc

Unclejoshc Member

I have used both. I know that the ethernet has to be unplugged to use WIFI. I have tested on both repeatedly and using different cables and even moving closer to the router temporarily to test as my PC. The most I have ever gotten regardless of wifi or ethernet is 15. It may peak higher for a second especially if I have to pause and restart but as soon as it settles it is the 15 max.

3. Unclejoshc

Unclejoshc Member

I am using Windows 10 Home Edition. I only use whatever the built in antivirus is. No external programs. SMB transfers used to be around 80 MB/s a few years ago. They dropped to around 15 and I havent been able to solve the reason why. I only had the Q10 then and asked on that forum and others reported similar issues but couldn't get it back up. I have just kinda lived with it since and manage my transfers to be done overnight while I sleep so I don't have to wait hours for each rip or download to move over.

I have an external drive that I can use for huge transfers but it is a pain in the butt honestly and I would much rather just Move to Folder in Windows even if it takes longer. That is what I used when I first got the Zidoo and moved all 4K library over, the external drive I mean.

4. Sanctrum

Sanctrum Active Member

So you will know if it is your PC or the router when you will take your PC to some friend/neighbor and connect to his network and then test the speed.
    Or you can borrow his router too and check. Also what is the power plan set at your PC? Full performance?
    Also try this in the command line at your PC as administrator: netsh winsock reset :
    https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...ck-reset/e3c065cd-af05-4faa-9223-3e77f9152927

Unclejoshc likes this.
  5. Unclejoshc

Unclejoshc Member

I don't have any friends near me and i don't know any of my neighbors. I can't really take my PC anywhere without help due to some physical issues. I can move it ok within my apartment but going up and down stairs is not an option. Like I said I don't have anyone close enough to me for that to be possible. I had to have movers bring it in when I moved here.

I did the winsock reset again but I have done that before on multiple occasions. My power plan is High Performance.

6. cucnz

cucnz Active Member

best thing since it seems unsolvable for now
    use the internal drive for TV series smaller files so xfer times not so bad ,and just use usb3 hdds for your 4k movies ,i have like 15-20 4 TB drives with all mine on so far
    and i just catelogue them all in a book with name /CV /complete/audio/drive and label all the drives with a label machine)

i only have to move drives like 5-10 ft if i want to watch a specific movie ,and means for prollly 90 percent of the time the drives are in a secure aluminium case not powered up

Unclejoshc likes this.
  7. Unclejoshc

Unclejoshc Member

I dont want to keep bringing the external drive back and forth. I keep the 4K files on the internal drive so dont have to worry about any streaming or USB issues. I keep everything else on the PC drives. I have 6 of them. All with various movies, music videos, SACD Rips and FLAC and MP3 files.

I have to bring them to another room plus due to my set ups I have to move my PC around, then also take the Zidoo out of the rack it is in so it is a hassle. Not to mention I have to move my whole TV just to get to an open outlet to plug the power adapter for the drive in. Not worth it for a few rips at a time. Easier to transfers even at slow speeds. IMO.

I do appreciate all the help from everyone in trying to solve the issue. I still think it is some Window setting as I used to get much faster speeds but since i cant replace my PC or use another in my setup I am out of luck. My windows laptop must also have the same setting since it has the same speeds.

Next time I visit my kids I will bring my laptop and Zidoo and try using their router. Just to rule everything out.

Thanks everyone!!

8. cucnz

cucnz Active Member

i use the 4-5 TB usb3 powered drives ,so you can just leave the usb3 cables plugged in and not have to move anything
    My Pro usually has a 2 TB usb3 hdd for like 700 plus Sacd albums (in .dsf) and a 4 TB hdd for latest 4k movie folder, plus the usb2 at back has my topping Dac in

I have no issues with the zidoo powering 2 usb drives while also playing 4k atmos dv movies

you could always order a couple longer usb 3 cables so you never have to move the zidoo in the rack and also one for the pc so you dont have to move it around

9. Unclejoshc

Unclejoshc Member

Oof I am not sure what happened but after doing this and restarting, my transfer speeds are half of what they were before. Now I am getting max 7.5 MB/s. Tried with ethernet and via wifi. Great. lol.

10. Faceman2k24

Faceman2k24 Active Member

Your gear is obviously haunted mate.

Unclejoshc likes this.
  11. cucnz

cucnz Active Member

did you taunt your pc one day and tell it you were getting a mac ?

Unclejoshc likes this.
  12. Unclejoshc

Unclejoshc Member

You are not kidding mate. I just have to laugh.

13. Unclejoshc

Unclejoshc Member

No even an inanimate object would know not to believe I would ever get any Apple product.

dr4go likes this.