Z1000 Pro >>> where to place music playlists m3u

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by Bladerunner, Sep 2, 2022.

1. Bladerunner

Bladerunner New Member

Hello, I'm very new with Zidoo (coming from Kodi over 13 years) and in this forum.

My first questions:
    - Where I have to place my existing music playlists in Zidoo? Android folder of Zidoo or on NAS or on
    a storage device?

rozel likes this.
  2. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

The whole subject of m3u files is a complete mystery to me - I'm aware they are "Playlists" but I haven't a clue how to use them, where to store them and how you create them if they don't exist - hopefully someone will help :)

3. Bladerunner

Bladerunner New Member

I'm using my playlists everythere; also in my cars. It can't be, that Zidoo can't import playlists.
    To produce new playlists manual direct in Zidoo would be too much timeconsuming.
    Somethere on the Zidoo must be a folder, where the music playlists are stored.

4. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

5. Bladerunner

Bladerunner New Member

@Nice Monkey
    Thanks a lot for the link belongs to the "incredible" huge list of weaknesses using music on Zidoo.

I'm absolutely susprised reading the list. I thought the Zidoo was the right decision in comparison with other media players.
    Beside looking movies also playing music is an essential thing using a media player.

I guess, I have to install again Kodi now also on Zidoo, cause there is a "normal" working music management given.
    I hope, that Kodi works much more stable on Zidoo than e.g. on Nvidia Shield.

6. Nice Monkey

@Bladerunner
    In fact Zidoo is now finally working hard on improving Music Player. My top-4 e.g. was addressed with the last FW update.
    When back home over a month I will give the then available FW a new detailed review.

Feel free to comment on that list. It is read by Zidoo engineers for sure.

Compared with most other Media Players (do own plenty) the current state of MP7 is regarded usable for the first time by me. Most others are simpler functionally but also easier to use and with less quircks.

ZDMC/KODI runs very well on Zidoo Media Players and may still be a valid alternative next to running external Client/Server library setups.

Last edited: Sep 3, 2022
  7. Bladerunner

Bladerunner New Member

@Nice Monkey
    Indeed, im very surprised, how stable ZDMC/KODI runs in comparison to the original Kodi version.
    I installed ZDMC yesterday in my very new Zidoo Z1000 pro.
    The scraping of videos and music in ZDMC is very very slow...I assume at least 8-10 times longer than in original Kodi.
    BUT, is this done, ZDMC works absolutely stable. The original Kodi causes always crashes on all platforms I used in the past.
    Perhaps, I have more files as the average of users...maybe. On my Nvidia Shield Pro Kodi was crashing again and again...worked some days/weeks good...and
    than again crashes. I spend so much time in error solving.....
    I'm very happy with ZDMC.
    I also use now my prefered Aeon MQ 8 skin. It' a "very heavy skin", but ZDMC works still stable with it. Great!

8. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

I'm curious and would like to try ZDMC and see how it stacks up to UAPP and MP7 (the latter is extremely slow to scrape), just for music as I'm happy with HT4 right now. I've downloaded the .apk from McBluna's web site - is it a simple case of putting it on a USB stick and installing from there? Thanks

9. Nice Monkey

@rozel
    As simple as that.

MP7 still slow at scraping using the latest FW update? Marked as solved by me.
    How long it takes with which number of titles? Tested up to 65.000 myself splitt over several folders being per album type in my case.

Last edited: Sep 6, 2022
  10. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

No issues with scraping speed here either with the current version of MP7 (early versions were admittedly terrible) - my library is 124K tracks and scraping time is comparable to Linn Kazoo and Squeezebox.