X9s - Wrapper Tutorial for external Player used with KODI 16.1

Discussion in 'ZIDOO X9S' started by Lony, Sep 15, 2016.

1. litlgi74

litlgi74 Member

Covenant....

When I first choose a movie to play, I am able to use the "play using..." feature. The default is videoplayer followed by xbmcwrapper. When I choose the wrapper... kodi then scans the list of files.... but then plays the movie using Kodi's internal player...

Hopefully this can be fixed as well.

Thanks

2. Lony

Lony Active Member

@litlgi74

Xmister has the new Version 3.9.9.10 released. BDMV Support with Chapter :):)

Nice Work from Peter.

Regards Lony

3. litlgi74

litlgi74 Member

The external player is no longer working with FW 1.4.12... I get the external player window and the please wait message.... then nothing.

4. Lony

Lony Active Member

No, it works perfect with Firmware 1.4.12 and all KODI Versions. Check your settings, or make a reset on your App Funktion.

Regards Lony

5. XtrordinarY

XtrordinarY New Member

Think you have to root your device again. As soon as there is an update the Zidoo is locked again and you have to root your device afterwards.

Wolfman563, Lony and sprengbox like this.
  6. litlgi74

litlgi74 Member

Thanks.... that was it!

7. litlgi74

litlgi74 Member

Ok Friends...

I have been frustrated with the new Home Theater app and it's scrapping abilities... So I guess I'm back to Kodi...

I've recreated my library with just NFS shares... and everything populated and scrapes properly. But files will not play.

I am trying to use XBMCWrapper... Everything works fine with SMB... but no much with NFS... I keep getting this popup
    20180319_094111.jpg
    Here are my settings in the wrapper...
    20180319_094923.jpg
    Am I missing something?

PS... It seems that the "play using" option automatically defaults to XBMCWrapper... I've uninstalled both the wrapper and Kodi... Reset my preferences but somehow XBMCWrapper is the default... The option to "always" choose the video player first seem to be available.

I am FW 2.0.15 and I've made sure to root... So I'm not sure what might be happening. The Home Theater 2.0 App works with my NFS Shares... So....

Thanks
    John

8. litlgi74

litlgi74 Member

XBMCWrapper is no longer in the play store.