X6 keeps going black on Sharp Aquos tv.

Discussion in 'ZIDOO X6 Pro' started by derf, Nov 13, 2015.

1. spring

spring Guest

like this pic
    Screenshot_2011-01-01-20-01-41.png

2. dennis

dennis New Member

cool thnx mate i am gonna try that soon ..

3. marek021

marek021 New Member

I don't think it matters what TV you have. I've got the same signal loss issues on most MKV files streamed; some more than others. 2D or 3D Bluray ISOs don't cut out like this at all. 3D ISOs are completely out of sync for me if I enable audio pass through though.
    If you do decide to disable the RockchipCodec hardware acceleration you can forget playing any 3D ISO without getting an unwatchable jiddering effect. BTW, I'm running the latest .23 betta.

4. spring

spring Guest

Hi all:
    There are four cases for lose signal:
    1: when play the move at the beginning, the TV lose signal and then detect different resolution. This is the player detect the move resolution and change to the best resolution for this move. This case is not a problem.
    2: when play 3D ISOs, the device detect your TV can support 3D mode, and will change to 2*1080P24Hz output, and the TV will lose signal a moment.This is not a problem.
    3: when at home window, never lose signal, but play kodi addon stream, will lose a signal moment. this is a soft problem, we are checking this problem.
    4: at home window, it will lose the signal every minute. this is the CEC compatibility issues, you should close the CEC function of TV.
    and i want to know which case do you belong to?

5. Eduan

Eduan New Member

I have experienced the same fault which seemed to arise only after updating to version 22 and now on version 23. Have had a Boxee box playing through same Yamaha sound bar to the same 2009 Samsung TV and same cabling for years without this kind of problem. Have audio passthrough set to on. Just noticed the acceleration settings above and mine still has hardware acceleration - rockchipcodec turned on so will try turn that off. Problem happens on both local series and SALTS streaming, but very randomly. I look forward to a resolve, as I'm really enjoying the Kodi and Zidoo experience so far.

6. Eduan

Eduan New Member

Update to my previous post, disabled rockchipcodec acceleration and now video is totally blank but audio plays on local media. Tried closing Kodi app and relaunching but same result. Reactivated rockchipcodec acceleration and video is playing again but stilll with occasional breakup.

7. spring

spring Guest

stream file or local file?

8. marek021

marek021 New Member

Thanks for the quick post Spring. In response to your questions:
    I'm aware of the conditions for both #1 & #2 and understand that those are non issues. #3 & #4 don't apply, however, because I never loose signal from the home screen. The loss of signal only occurs during video play back and it is persistent. The number of times this happens and the frequency are random. It may be helpful to note that the audio in my case keeps playing during the "black-out".

9. Matteo

Matteo New Member

In streaming...

10. derf

derf New Member

I shut off both Rockchip codec accelerations and it seems to have stopped the blackouts, but now I get picture freezing but audio keeps going.

11. carcc1

carcc1 New Member

[QUOTworkefing, post: 3767, member: 74"]like this pic
    View attachment 606 [/QUOTE]

Worked for me

12. cobra78

cobra78 Member

Worked for me[/QUOTE]
    If you do that you can just as well install latest nightly Kodi with Mediacodec surface rendering that has 3 times better video playback.

13. sok5

sok5 New Member

Worked for me.
    Thank you

14. dennis

dennis New Member

yes worked for me too thnx but i did have one freeze like derf member did but it was in all the links and at the same frame and serie. then watched the same serie through another add on (saltz) and it didn't freeze so i will put that down to coincidence or chance until further notice lol.. for now i am happy camper zidoo kodi fan again....

15. Eduan

Eduan New Member

Sorry but what is working for everyone? I turn off Rockchip acceleration and I get no video, only audio playing. Right now I'm streaming a movie on salts and it's randomly glitching too, which is very annoying. Any suggestions welcome.

16. Pharaon

Pharaon New Member

Hi,

I confirm it disappears by disabling the Rockchip acceleration. But this is no fair solution.

Techies, is it something that will be fixed ?

Frederic.

PS: At least, there's no problem with embedded player, only with kodi.

17. mirror

mirror Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Zidoo TECH Supporter

Already fixed it in version v1.0.28.

18. mirror

mirror Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Zidoo TECH Supporter