what to do when a film will not show up/scan in? - SOLVED

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by Oldpainless, Jun 1, 2022.

1. Oldpainless

Oldpainless Active Member

Hi,

New issue for me. I have a film, that despite making sure it's named correctly, it will not show up in sources at all, despite 5 forced scans.

It shows up in media centre file view fine.

Anyone have any ideas to share?

Cheers.

2. mirror

mirror Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Zidoo TECH Supporter

HT - SOURCES - Find the scanned device- Enter in - Find the film - rematch.

3. Oldpainless

Thats my point, it will not show in HT sources at all, but it shows up in media centre view....like I said, odd one.

4. OlivierQC

OlivierQC Well-Known Member

Hopefully your problem will be solved,

What is the title of the movie?

5. Oldpainless

Demolition Man (1993)

6. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

There are three eventualities I can think of here:

1. It has been scanned but has been put in with another film as a different version - you can only see this by going into that film's details page but obviously you have to figure out which film it is!!

2. It is unmatched - I assume this is not the case as it's easy to find in "Unmatched"

3. You've previously deleted it from the database using "Clean Up Matching Information" and chosen "Clear Match and Remove from Poster Wall" (I've asked for these options to be renamed because they are dangerous!) which means it cannot be scanned back in - it's permanently removed.

The way around all of these is to rename the file - if it hasn't got the release year in it, maybe add the release year (eg Baby Driver (2017).mkv) and if it has the release year, remove it. Something like that.

7. Markswift2003

Change the name to "Demoliton Man" only.

Oldpainless likes this.
  8. Oldpainless

Thanks Mark - will give that a shot.

Markswift2003 likes this.
  9. dr4go

dr4go Member

Isn't the word "Demo" blacklisted? Don't have access to my Zidoo right now to check... with blacklisted I mean a word excluded from scans, which you can set in the settings.

10. Markswift2003

That’s a very very good point! I missed that - It’s not a default word now but I reckon you’re right :)

11. Oldpainless

This. Removed Demo from blacklist and now the film is scanned in.

Thanks.

Thread marked as SOLVED.

Last edited: Jun 1, 2022