UHD3000 App does not turn on media player.

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by MORT BERNS, Apr 11, 2023.

1. MORT BERNS

MORT BERNS New Member

UHD3000 App does not turn on media player. Message=Connection failed, please check media player.
    Why?

2. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

There's a bug in the latest iOS app where the WOL magic packet isn't sent correctly. I'm not sure if Android is the same - no reason it should be - but I only use iOS.

The box itself responds correctly to WOL packets - if you send a WOL packet from Windows for example, that works fine.

The devs are aware of it.

3. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

Works for me using Android App.

4. Markswift2003

Cool - thanks for confirming.

5. Bill-Z9X

Bill-Z9X Active Member

How does that work? If UHD3000 is switched off, the app cannot find a connection to the player, probably because UHD3000 has no standby. Only WoL App helps.

6. Markswift2003

The app doesn't need to be connected to send WOL packets.

Even when powered "off", the network card on the device remains connected at 10 base-T and although TCP/IP connections cannot be made, it accepts WOL packets.

7. Bill-Z9X

Bill-Z9X Active Member

I know that the network card is running, I just didn't know how to boot with the app if the player is not displayed. I played around with the app and found that I could open the player menu via "Connect history" and select the "Boot" option.
    Not exactly convenient, with the WoL app it only takes one click, as I have a widget for Zidoo on the desktop.