Some questions about the Z9X

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by lanz, Oct 5, 2021.

1. lanz

lanz Member

Hi everyone,

I was a shield pro user, quite angry with it.

I have some questions about the Z9X:
    1. What's the differences between Z9X and PNI Z9X?
    2. Are the disk shares showing in Windows explorer?
    3. Is it using 32bits or 64bits Android release?
    4. Are applications like dolphin (game emulator) working?
    5. Is it supporting synchronised lyrics? Is there an auto downloading feature?
    6. Is it supporting ADB over network? Yes I like updating stuffs from ADB. ;)

Thanks,

2. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

I can answer 4 of those:

1. None, it's the same box
    2. Yes if the SMB server is switched on
    3. 32-bit
    6. Yes

Regarding Dolphin - if you want to play games I'd look elsewhere. The Shield is better suited to that. The Zidoo is ostensibly a network media player.

Maybe @Nice Monkey could answer the lyrics question?

(I have a Shield and I must admit it doesn't make me angry...)

3. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

5. Yes and Yes. There is an option to select between multiple versions when found too.

4. lanz

lanz Member

@Nice Monkey
    Cool, I really like this feature, so bad spotify (and others) killed this feature.

@Markswift2003
    Thanks for the quick answer. :)

Shield is kinda correct but:
    • The red push issue with dolby vision is annoying as hell.
    • No hdr10+ and vp9 hdr support is just wtf.
    • The new shield interface is a terrible joke and even with adb commands I can't persist the old one.
    • Some dolby vision mkv files like fel demos are working randomly, and crashed kodi and just video player.
    I would like to use the mmjr2 version of dolphin but it seems it's arm64 (jitarm64) only.
    There are some annoying issues with the shield too.

Another questions:
    1. Is the P7_FEL_GIJoe_The_Rise_of_Cobra.mkv file from makemkv working perfectly with the Z9X?
    2. How many HDD can I plug with the SATA cable without extra power supply?
    3. Is there even any arm64 android-based device with dolby vision support except the shield?

5. Nice Monkey

@Mabon
    Confirmed. Still enough to do with MP6. ;)
    Subtitles were also downloaded to the correct directory only after asking for it. So will come for sure.

Last edited: Oct 5, 2021
    Mabon likes this.
  6. Nice Monkey

No idea on staff, priorities or roadmap.

7. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

Music Player, right now is total pants. I won't go into all the issues - @Nice Monkey knows them better than I do. Suffice it to say, I'd recommend getting an external DAC and installing USB Audio Player Pro (UAPP) - your problems, whatever they might be will disappear! Music Player will never be as good and definately will not receive the support.

toshu and OlivierQC like this.
  8. Nice Monkey

I agree with @rozel that Music Player is still moving slow, but core playback of all audio formats got almost correct. Went down his route before using an External DAC with UAPP which he perfected next.
    Must say it is still a very valid alternative indeed. ;)

But an integrated player approach got my preference and with Zidoo Neo X using UAPP is out of the question. Have faith that Music Player will keep on evolving and getting better like HT4 did.
    Always can use my Neo X as an really excellent External DAC and put UAPP on any other player from my extensive media player collection. :)
    Will give that setup a try one of these days just to see how it behaves as an External USB DAC and add my findings to my Neo X review. :p

Last edited: Oct 5, 2021
    rozel likes this.