Some news for Eversolo DMP-A6

Discussion in 'Eversolo DMP-A6' started by mirror, May 19, 2023.

1. mirror

mirror Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Zidoo TECH Supporter

I know some of you have not received the device yet, but,but.. we will release a new firmware for DMP-A6,
    Some of the features and improvements came from feedback from some people in this community, those who received the device first. Thank you.
    The following is the changes list of its updates, which should be pushed within a few days.
    system
    1. SSD support up to 4TB
    2. Fixed the issue of individual DSD audio file can not playback.
    3. Fixed the volume passthrough mode can not be saved while restart device
    4. delete the failed files while files copy failures,
    5. File manager added .m3u file playback
    6. Fix the issue of clock screensavers not displaying in 24-hour format
    7. Optimize VU meter display
    8. Added a option for XLR/RC hybrid output
    9. Fix the issue of occasional lost 200ms at start playback
    CD
    1. Optimize CD album information scrape
    2. Added manually add album cover for CD Ripper
    3. Adde writing ID3 metadata for CD Ripper
    4. Optimize information editing function for CD Ripper
    5. Fix the issue of Ripper's default serial number is wrong.
    Music Library
    1. Add track information edit function
    2. Add artist edit and manual avatar replacement function
    3. Add album edit and manual album cover replacement function
    4. Long titles will have a moving effect at playback interface
    5. Optimize the display of playlist titles
    6. Optimize artist details to display album interface by default
    7. Added dynamic display function of navigation bar
    8. Added custom the menu item in library settings.
    9. Added show the album images at UPnP folder list
    10. Fix the issue of incorrect shows the album images while playplack in UPnP
    11. Optimized the issue of slow loading of album images in the playback interface
    Settings
    1. Added volume limit option
    2. Added some default startup volume settings
    3. Optimize some interface

Before the official release of DMP-A6, we had developed it for three years and released over a hundred versions internally. Some of you should have noticed that it handles a lot of details and has a very high level of completion.
    It is about system development and optimization, audio decoding, hardware optimization, streaming media development and authentication, APP development and iteration, and continuous improvement of user experience.
    It really consumes a lot of our cost investment and energy. But this is just the beginning, and the continuous improvement of user experience is our final goal.

Some other news:
    Some people have feedback that they need a remote control, so we will release a Bluetooth remote control, which is an optional option and requires additional purchase.
    remote.jpg remote1.jpg

The iPad's landscape control app should be released within a month.
    音乐服务.jpg

And many people are still concerned about the purchase issue. Just a few hours ago, Our Amazon US store replenished its second batch of inventory, but it quickly sold out again. The third batch of inventory replenishment should be around June 10th. This product has received more attention than we imagined. So, please forgive that it requires a production process.
    Some users in Europe and Southeast Asia can contact sales@eversolo.com Ask the dealer in your location, and I believe they have some units on the way:)

2. Arcticpollen

Arcticpollen Active Member

@mirror - this is great to hear about the time and effort that went into developing this fantastic device before release. It's also good to hear that fixes and feature enhancements are very much still on your radar.

Any idea on a guess of the likely cost of the remote control? I'm the lucky owner of a DMP-A6 which I'm using on my home office desk but the lack of a remote control would be an issue if I were to replace my CXN v2 in the lounge, particularly as the network interface is powered down fully when the unit is off.

3. Claudia

Claudia New Member

Hi
    will this be an over-the-air update?

4. Arcticpollen

I should imagine so. The first thing my unit did when powered on yesterday was to pull down the latest FW.

5. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

Good update. Lots of additions being asked for or explaining what the actual support is like editing features which I missed in the manual.
    Still not sure about automated updates on supplying Artist & Album basis using MusicBrainz, CDDB (GnuDB) etc

I see M3U playlists being added but still miss PLS as the also common alternative.

A 4 TByte SSD sounds appealing but it will remain on my wish-list till those prices come down. I am pretty convinced this goes relative fast but still may take a few years to close on a 6 TByte 2.5 inch HDD which is my current alternative for music.

Last edited: May 20, 2023
  6. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Very nice - I'm away for the weekend, so looking forward to seeing this update tomorrow :)

gymnos likes this.
  7. Claudia

Claudia New Member

Hi can I ask what optical drive works with the DMP-A6

1. As my optical drive works perfectly with my computer etc.
    But once plugged into the DMP-A6 it seems to work on some discs and on others it simply won't read or it reads but can't give the name of tracks.
    2. Screen flickers if you have more than 10 albums ripped on the A6 when you go to the album section and it just keeps flickering
    3. There is no display of artwork when using Apple Music

8. zuko

zuko New Member

Hi.. I am unable to turn on unit via App(bluetooth).
    Seems app works only when unit is turned on,but I need a remote to turn unit on.
    Where can I buy the IR/Bluetooth remote?..any compatible third party remotes?..

9. Claudia

Claudia New Member

I had the same issue of being unable to turn it on with the App
    1. I held down the power button for what seemed like an age and it worked and came on
    2. Then I went into General and you will see in the list that tap into Power Mode and switch it to Start-up after power plug-in.

This will allow you to never have to touch the power button ever again as when you shut down when you turn the device on it will start automatically.
    As of now, I can only turn the device off with the App

So sorry if you know this already

10. Nutul

Nutul Well-Known Member

Seriously...?!?
    How could you possibly think, that if a device is OFF, it would be still able to listen to commands coming in through Bluetooth and/or Wi-Fi, and/or IR...???

UNLESS the unit is on stand-by (device is still powered ON, in low power-consumption mode, nevertheless powered ON), there would be no power for the BT / WiFi / IR to work.

It's weird to me, however, why there is no such a stand-by mode... Unless it can be revived by sensing an audio signal on any of its inputs; like my Ever Solo Z8 DAC does (a feature I do not use, anyway, as it "clicks" through the speakers when this happens, and anyway it skips the very one or two seconds of playback - not a big deal, but annoying nevertheless).

This, however, would still not allow to switch itself on to play neither internal, nor streamed content through BT and/or WiFi - as they are powered off, ain't them...? Weird/poor design (I refuse to think so, though, as the product(s) of this brand are really a piece of art)

11. Arcticpollen

Once the device is switched off using either the power/volume knob or via the Eversolo app, it's fully powered down, including the built in network card. Roon no longer sees the device until it's switched back on again.

Other similar devices I have from Matrix Audio and Cambridge Audio keep basic power going to the network card so it can be woken up by Roon or the device's own app.

It seems that there is an infra red power on option as the new RC that's planned for release can use IR to power it on and is then BlueTooth for the rest of the remote control functions.

12. armstrong

armstrong New Member

Can you also update Airplay, some users like me use only Airplay and it is not showing album art from Apple Music or Amazon Music. Spotify connect works fine but I don’t have a Spotify subscription and I’m just using the free subscription with ads.

13. mirror

Sorry for your not good experience on Airplay, we are re implementing it and it will take some time. At the same time, I recommend that you play Apple music and Amazon music directly on the screen of A6, as it will achieve better sound quality than Airplay. In addition, we have integrated Amazon Music's native API and are waiting for Amazon certification, which is the best way to play it.

Napoli likes this.
  14. Bkido

Bkido New Member

Any plans to integrate Soundcloud as well? I've tried to use a manually installed Soundcloud APK but it won't work without google services by default. Soundcloud integration is the one thing that kept me on Sonos for years. It would be absolutely killer if Eversolo could get it to work on the DMP-A6 as well :).

15. ASR User

ASR User New Member

Hi Eversolo Dev Team,

‘The subject software update that supposedly included Optimized IPAD Display actually screwed up custom window sizing. Previously the App allowed the iPad user the ability to resize the app window to any size you wanted. But now it will only shrink down to about 80% of screen size. Can’t even do equal side by side either. See attachment to visually see the smallest the new App permits.

[​IMG]

16. mirror

The new control application defaults to horizontal screen on iPad, unless it is changed back to vertical screen, but more people prefer horizontal screen?

17. pnjunction

pnjunction Member

Is there a limit on the size of the album library on SMB or on internal ssd disc? Or on number of folders?

18. mirror

Theoretically it must have a limit, but as long as the database does not fill up the 32GB, I believe you will not have so many tracks.:)

19. ASR User

ASR User New Member

That’s not my point. The app screen is frozen to one rather large screen. You can’t resize it anymore like you could before this update. Defeats split screen arrangement. Before you could resize the screen to lees than 1/3 the space available. Now you can’t. Something in the last updated broke the screen re-sizing mechanics.

20. mirror

Maybe it's a ios limited?Howerver,will add a option for vertical and horizontal screen

ASR User likes this.