Sideloading streaming Music APP's: Aggregated list!

Discussion in 'Eversolo DMP-A6' started by Nice Monkey, Jul 10, 2023.

1. Breizhspirit

Breizhspirit New Member

Hello everyone and thank you for this helpful forum.
    I see that Bubble upnp is one of the approved applications.
    Of course, I was able to install the free version but I don't know how to install the paid one, the one with the license that I bought twice (1 on Google Play and the other on the Amazon App Store). Can you help me, thanks.
    Breizhspirit

2. Path8022

Path8022 Member

You can sideload the Amazon App Store and install the paid version from there.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/mas/get/android-download/ref=mas_mbl_ldg

Juan Francisco Prieto likes this.
  3. Breizhspirit

Breizhspirit New Member

Many thanks Path8082!
    It worked immediately.
    And now I have another question.
    Do you know how I can display bubble on my Samsung galaxy fold 4 and 5 in full screen on the Interior screen?
    Because for the moment the Interior poster is the size of the exterior screen and it is very small.
    It's the same thing with Emby.
    Thank you again for your help.
    Breizhspirit

4. Path8022

Path8022 Member

No worries. I'm not familiar with the fold devices you mention. What screen do you mean by 'interior screen'?

5. Breizhspirit

Breizhspirit New Member

Yes the screen interior delivery the same dimensions of the screen exterior

6. Breizhspirit

Breizhspirit New Member

You can see the scr9

Attached Files:

7. Path8022

Path8022 Member

Oh, I think I understand. Select the 'Now Playing' tab. It's the ♪ symbol. This should work.

8. Breizhspirit

Breizhspirit New Member

Hello Path8082,
    That's it! I understood what you were talking about.
    "Select the 'Now Playing' tab. It's the ♪ symbol."
    Unfortunately, I explained myself badly.
    So I try again because it's really a problem.
    When you look at the screenshot I sent, you can see it's rectangular.
    In fact it is exactly the same size as on the DMP-A6.
    I find myself with this display size on my Galaxy Fold 4 and 5, that is to say about 50% of the screen size of these smartphones at the level of the Interior screen which ultimately gives a very complicated.
    I hope that Eversolo will make an update because in the current state the application is difficult to use on a folding smartphone.
    I must add that with the native application of the DMP-A6 I don't have this problem, I'm in full screen.
    But I don't like this app at all because I don't know how, for example, to run my entire library randomly, something I do a lot with Emby or Bubble.
    We cannot either, as with Emby, display the cover on the left with the controls below: Volume, pause, stop, track forward, forward and back. And on the left the list of upcoming songs.
    Of course if Eversolo did that, the other applications would no longer be of interest to me.
    Now one thing is certain, I only use the DMP-A6 in streamer mode and the sound is excellent.
    Breizhspirit

9. Breizhspirit

Breizhspirit New Member

Here is a screenshot with the DMP-A6 application with the smartphone in portrait mode, landscape mode works but the cover is tiny in this case.
    And the other screenshot that only works in landscape mode but doesn't scale to screen size.
    Breizhspirit

Attached Files:

10. DMP-A6

DMP-A6 New Member

I tried SiriusXM and seems to work fine for me.

Nice Monkey likes this.
  11. DMP-A6

DMP-A6 New Member

I cannot post a link apparently but it is version 6.6.0 on apk mirror.

12. Faze

Faze New Member

L0Fi Clouds Radio works
    Get from apkcombo.com

13. Delpo74

Delpo74 Member

True, for the jazzradio app, that version works perfectly.

14. Delpo74

Delpo74 Member

Please, if you can tell me where to download the Symfonium application apk, I would be very grateful.
    I haven't seen it on the first page where the rest are.

15. Path8022

Path8022 Member

I don't like downloading random apks from wherever so I use Aurora Store which is an opensource Play Store client. You can download it from F-Droid which is an Android App Store with free and opensource apps. F-Droid can be downloaded here - https://f-droid.org/F-Droid.apk. Once you have Aurora installed, you can download whatever app you need and it'll take care of updates too rather than hunting down apks from dubious sources.

Just be aware that Symfonium is a paid app which normally relys on the Play Store for payment. Obviously no play store on the A6 but alternate payment option available here https://support.symfonium.app/t/authenticating-a-license-without-google-services/1603 It does have a trial period with full functionally to see if the app is worth it to you. Personally I think it's far superior to the native music app. It can't access local storage on the A6 though (Eversolo restriction) so you'll need your own Subsonic/Plex/Jellyfin/Emby/Kodi server running elsewhere. Although you can install the emby server app on the A6 and that'll let you use Symfonium to access local storage in a roundabout way. Excuse my waffling, maybe you know all this already - just don't want to recommend something without mentioning what might be pitfalls to others.

NB If using Aurora Store use the anonymous login option. DO NOT SIGN IN with your Google account. Google no like third party app stores!

Last edited: Sep 12, 2023
  16. Delpo74

Delpo74 Member

Great, great explanation with great detail, but I have doubts.
    Do I also have to install the f-droid apk on the Eversolo? and then from f-droid download and install aurora?
    Excuse my ignorance, but I am quite new to all these aspects.

I had already considered the free license, through a donation and the official support page.

That said, thank you very much for your help.

17. Path8022

Path8022 Member

Ye, exactly right. I believe this is best practice but you can download the Aurora apk from wherever you like! F-Droid is a volunteer run non-profit and they ensure best efforts are made that their repo is safe but with no guarantees. You're probably fine downloading the Aurora apk from sites like apkmirror or apkpure too but there is a higher likelihood of malware, ad insertion etc.
    Glad to be of help. Hope you get your device set up just the way you want.

Delpo74 likes this.
  18. Delpo74

Delpo74 Member

Well tonight I'll get on with it.

I have also thought (we already know how the Android environment works, the more "garbage" you put in it, the more problems it causes) to download Aurora from f-droid (I don't know if it is possible) and only have the Aurora app installed on the Eversolo, and then Download Symfonium from there.

Thank you very much for your help, last night thanks to this forum I managed to install jazzradio on my Eversolo.

Greetings.

Path8022 likes this.
  19. Rolf Quander

Rolf Quander New Member

The DMP A6 desperately needs a tone control feature or an equalizer.

Does anyone know if this is something that could be sideloaded?

Does anyone know if Eversolo might be in the process of adding it?

Juan Francisco Prieto likes this.
  20. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

why doing such a thing on a streamer and not using the AMP?

It does not include a digital signal processor (DSP) so it would need to be done in software.

Nutul likes this.