Sideloading streaming Music APP's: Aggregated list!

Discussion in 'Eversolo DMP-A6' started by Nice Monkey, Jul 10, 2023.

1. ecstatic

ecstatic New Member

Hi

Emby for Android (3.3.08) works for me.

/e

Nice Monkey likes this.
  2. Charlyro222

Charlyro222 New Member

VLC supported, can stream url music on Hi res.

3. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

Updated the list

4. Wildgift

Wildgift New Member

Sorry to be a noob--how does one do this for a Mac? Looking for Neil young Archives especially.

5. Nice Monkey likes this.
  6. Wildgift

Wildgift New Member

Welp, I tried to install Neil Young Archives, which offers 192/24 for much of the catalog:

I successfully installed it to the unit, but when I try to <use> it, it tells me that no network is connected. Well, obviously it is (I have ethernet). It just did not work. I can stream from the NYA app to the Eversolo, but it's not high-res. Any ideas?

7. Nice Monkey likes this.
  8. Bonzo

Bonzo Active Member

Anyone try NUGS?

dresner likes this.
  9. Path8022

Path8022 Member

Has anyone tried installing alternative App Stores like Aurora Store, F-Droid, Amazon Appstore or Aptoide to facilitate installing & automatically updating side-loaded apps?

I've read that if apps have a hi-res option, the Eversolo audio engine can be selected in the set up menu? How has this panned out for the reported working apps in this thread? Would be interested to hear if anyone has tried Symfonium (or any subsonic app) or SB Player (Squeeze player) as these two have a hi-res option in their settings. Or just more info on what apps can bypass Android's limitations by using the internal player.

Have to wait a week for my delivery, excited reading all your experiences!

10. NWN

NWN Member

I have used Aptoide to install Plexamp.

11. Path8022

Path8022 Member

Oh cool. That'll make updating a bit easier. Is the sampling rate/resolution limited by Android resampling or can you use EOS? I've read conflicting reports across the forums.

12. nilton57

nilton57 New Member

Amazon Music is functional, but UHD (Ultra High Definition) playback is not working as intended.

Path8022 likes this.
  13. Jim Helman

Jim Helman New Member

So here's my question...I have a MacMini as my Roon core. The ONLY Android device I own is the A6! So, how do I download the APK file onto my MacMini so I can then transfer it via the Samba server to the internal SSD on my A6? I tried this with (what i THOUGHT) was the correct APK file for JAZZ RADIO APK...I transferred it to the SSD...I installed it. It said it worked...The JAZZ RADIO icon was there in Apps. BUT, when I clicked on it, just white screen for a few seconds, and then...NOTHING. Right back to the Home screen. What am I doing wrong? I suspect I didn't download the actual APK file, as I don't have Google Play Store...HELP!

14. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

You are using a suitable APK version? There are APK's for smart phones and for Android TV's in this case the A6 behaves like a smart phone as it uses touch control.

15. Jim Helman

Jim Helman New Member

That's the point...I have no idea! How do I get the right APK for the A6 when my "source" is a MacMini?

16. It doesn't matter if you don't have an android source. You can download the apk files from websites like apkpure.com and install them as explained in the first post of this thread. Sometimes some apps don't work on the DMP-A6 :(

17. Jim Helman

Jim Helman New Member

Thanks, but you clearly didn't read my OP...I DID download what i THOUGHT was the correct APK file for JAZZ RADIO APK...I transferred it to the SSD...I installed it. It said it worked...The JAZZ RADIO icon was there in Apps. BUT, when I clicked on it, just white screen for a few seconds, and then...NOTHING. Right back to the Home screen. What am I doing wrong? I suspect I didn't download the actual APK file, as I don't have Google Play Store...HELP!

18. Have you tried installing a previous version of the app?

19. Path8022

Path8022 Member

Symfonium confirmed working! Hi-res at original sample rate so using EOS audio engine. Double-checked with external dac. Much better than built-in music app.

Nice Monkey likes this.
  20. Jim Helman

Jim Helman New Member

So this is the first time I'm trying to load an APK...I tried two different versions, and they both failed the same way...Can you post a link where you got a functioning version of this? I'll happily try again...