Recommended Settings and other useful stuff for RTD 1619DR Players

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by Markswift2003, Oct 21, 2020.

1. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

I think TSMuxer will do it but as far as I remember, the Zidoo doesn't like standalone Dolby Vision m2ts files..

2. Whitfield

Whitfield Active Member

I have no experience with single track dual layer in m2ts. TBO it's something I never thought of and tried. Indeed I can imagine HW players having difficulties with it.

As for Stefano C's "a fast converter", tsMuxer doesn't recognise "TrueHD only" tracks, which will have to be processed by other software before being accepted.

3. bonum

bonum New Member

Can you please tell me what is better to display here?

Attached Files:

4. Markswift2003

I assumed because the MKVs wouldn't play that they are dual track so I was referring to using dual track m2ts, but yes, you can produce single track m2ts since it's only a container - as you say though, I can't see anything playing them in Dolby Vision!

Yeah - I forgot that Tsmuxer doesn't do TrueHD so is essentially just a sack of useless code!

5. Markswift2003

Don't use the Android settings.

All relevant Android settings are exposed in the GUI and some set individual settings and some have more interactions so playing with stuff in the Android settings can have unexpected results unless you know how these interactions work.

Generally set HDR to auto in the GUI.

6. Stefano C

Stefano C Member

Thanks to both of you mark and whitfield

Markswift2003 likes this.
  7. pcristi

pcristi Active Member

Can try to rebuild TrueHD+core from mkv for use on tsMuxer
    eac3to input.mkv 2: output.thd+ac3
    where 2: is TrueHD track from mkv

8. Whitfield

Whitfield Active Member

Of course this is possible. But again, tsMuxer is not a convenient all-in-one converter. Thinking from the hip here, importing single track DV mkv's could hold more issues other than "TrueHD only" for tsMuxer being able to convert to a working dual track profile 7 m2ts.
    In case of a single track dual layer mkv, tsMuxer would have to be able to demux and process single track "BL+EL+RPU" into BL and EL+RPU from mkv. I doubt this ability. To my knowledge, you'll need yusesope's or quietvoid's dovi tool. Please correct me if I'm wrong as I am still in my learning days about the whole Dolby Vision thing.
    Furthermore, in case of profile 8 single layer (BL+RPU), it would have to both strip & extract RPU from it's HDR10(+) BL, convert it into profile 7 RPU and inject that in a "dummy" MEL track that will have to be created. I really wonder if that kite is gonna fly.

I never gave DV mkv --> DV m2ts conversion much thought. Never came across a reason to do so. But I can imagine certain hardware compelling m2ts or UHDBD and thus calling things out.

9. CzarneMajty

CzarneMajty New Member

Hi,
    What are the best settings for JVC RS2000? I have UHD3000

10. Boris 1956

Boris 1956 Member

Hi I have a problem on Zidoo 1000 pro with Netflix reporting an error of this content please help Netflix Error NW-6-404 the country is Croatia

11. TifKag

TifKag Active Member

I have borrowed this text from @OlivierQC
    -------------------------------------------------------
    Zidoo devices are designed for local content and not online streaming and they do not have agreements in place with streaming providers. If you want to stream from sources like Netflix, Amazon, Hulu, Disney+ etc..., an Android TV devices or native TV applications will be a better choice.

Boris 1956 likes this.
  12. Cerebro

Cerebro Member

Hope someone could help me with this (@Markswift2003 )

I had it all working nicely on my old tv (1080p Panasonic plasma) but today my new tv was delivered (Panasonic 65-jz1500 4k oled). The tv can play all hdr /dv formats.

I’m running the recommend settings on the zidoo but it seems like I’m having dropped frames on hdr10 while in hdr Auto mode. It seemed like the zidoo processor was struggling, which doesn’t seem likely. The tv says it’s also in hdr10 mode so that seems right. I haven’t had time to do much testing but while Dolby vision was smooth, a movie in hdr10 was not. The same file played flawlessly on my old tv with the zidoo and on my new tv it also plays as it should with my Apple TV 4K and infuse.

Is there anything I should change in the zidoo settings? Settings like hdcp, deep color, enhanced mode, player led or tv led, etc. are still a bit of a mistery to me unfortunately. Also I’m wondering if the recommended settings for bit depth / color are the right choice for my tv.

The files I’m playing are all high quality mkv remuxes.

Last edited: Nov 30, 2021
  13. Markswift2003

That sounds really really odd - there's absolutely nothing special about HDR10 over SDR in terms of bitrate, delivery or anything else that would affect frame rate.

Can you connect the Zidoo straight to the TV and download the EDID and post here - I doubt there's anything special needed to be done, but I can then see exactly how the Zidoo behaves with that EDID.

Cerebro likes this.
  14. billchm

billchm New Member

Hey Mark

I'm attaching my XR65X90J EDID, just wondering your thoughts, or even if it just gives you some info on the X90J Sony lineup of TV's, incase you get any further inquires about them.

Thanks

Attached Files:

Markswift2003 likes this.
  15. Markswift2003

Awesome - thank you - it's always handy to keep an arsenal or EDIDs to refer to..

A full 600MHz EDID with full Dolby Vision support (Player Led and TV Led) - other than HDR10+, it does everything video but is a bit restricted with audio - not that it would generally matter.

DV Version: 2
    DV DM Version: reserved
    DV Interface: standard and low latency 422 12bit
    2160p60: supported
    YUV422 12bit: not supported
    Global Dimming: not supported
    Backlight Control: not supported, default 100 nits
    RED Primary: 0.680, 0.320
    GREEN Primary: 0.266, 0.691
    BLUE Primary: 0.148, 0.059
    MAX/MIN Luminance: 1037 / 0.008 nits

16. Cerebro

Cerebro Member

Got some time to check it out further and found out Iit was an hdr10+ file. I turned the zidoo off and unplugged (which I also did after the latest update) and this seems to have solved the issue with the frame skipping. It also seems to play every file with the right hdr setting in auto mode. Man am I happy with my new tv using this player :)

Now I only want to know what to do with these settings:

- Color settings for 4k 50-60 and 23-30 and non 4k. I have these at yuv420 10bit, yuv444 10bit and yuv444 8bit.

- deep color: open

- hdmi signal format: enhanced

- hdr: auto (I’ll try everything in dv later)

- dv compatibility: tv led

- max cll and max fall: on

- hdcp: off

I’ll post a copy of the edid later. Is it okay to use the edid I get when connecting to my tv through my soundbar and earc?

17. Cerebro

Cerebro Member

Here’s the edid file from the zidoo when connected to the soundbar which is connected to my Panasonic tv through earc.

18. Cerebro

Cerebro Member

In addition to my posts above, is there an option to route all movies and tv (sdr, hdr and dv) through the vs10 engine, but NOT the ht4 posterwall, Home Screen etc? I don’t need the posterwall in dv burning up my oled :cool:

19. Markswift2003

Yes, just set VS10 for SDR, HDR and DV content.

However there shouldn't be any need to - contrary to popular belief and misleading marketing, if graded properly and displayed properly, neither HDR not Dolby Vision should be any "brighter" than standard SDR - the average APL should be roughly the same.

Last edited: Dec 1, 2021
    Cerebro and serg fedorov like this.
  20. Cerebro

Cerebro Member

Good to know, I thought it would convert all sdr content including the posterwall and all menus to dv in that mode.

Could you maybe also have a look at my two other posts from yesterday with the edid and about the settings?