Recommended Settings and other useful stuff for RTD 1619DR Players

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by Markswift2003, Oct 21, 2020.

1. LenniePaz

LenniePaz Member

Toggling and a restart did cure the washed out image. I now have a SDR EDID loaded and active, Z9X set to 16-235, 5050 on Auto, and the image now looks close enough to MadVR to my eyes. Thanks for all your help guys.

Deano86 and Oldpainless like this.
  2. Oldpainless

Oldpainless Active Member

Glad you got it sorted.

Markswift2003 likes this.
  3. Deano86

Deano86 Active Member

Excellent! Ya, not sure why toggling that setting is even needed as it really shouldn't even come into play with the adjustments that you are doing. But glad you got it figured... The Zidoo is a great device, but it does have a heck of learning curve too with some things that you can do with it.. In addition to just weird stuff like you just experienced!

4. pixelwm

pixelwm New Member

Trying to get HDR sorted out here, struggling a bit to display it properly. Where did you get the EDID from?
    Did you use any special settings on the Z9X or on the epson?

Thanks in advance, I am pulling out my hair over this.

5. LenniePaz

LenniePaz Member

Here are the settings I'm using.

Attached Files:

6. Deano86

Deano86 Active Member

What exactly do you mean by "struggling a bit to display HDR properly"? Your Epson can technically display HDR, so just putting your HDR settings to Auto and letting the Zidoo use the standard EDID and output SDR as SDR and HDR as HDR should be fine. Now, if you're looking to just use the VS10 engine to output HDR as SDR, then you can pretty much use the settings that @LenniePaz posted pictures of . The only screenshot he didn't show is his actual HDR VS10 setting he is using. If you use the REC709SDR custom EDID, then you have a choice of using VS10 to output everything or you can select the option to leave SDR alone and just have VS10 handle HDR and DV titles to SDR.

7. LenniePaz

LenniePaz Member

He messaged me and it seems like he wants to tone map to SDR. I am using VS10 for everything so thanks for pointing out that setting I forgot to show.

8. pixelwm

pixelwm New Member

Yes, and thank you again!
    The issue I ran into is that HDR doesn't look that great, the black are either too dark or its washed out, resulting in me tinkering with the projector HDR setting to find some kind of weak compromise.
    When I compare HDR and SDR versions of the same movie the SDR version just looks better and I don't want to tinker around.
    On another note, why do you use a REC709SDR and not a 2020? The projector can display 2020, it just lacks the tonal range/brightness for a good HDR output.

9. LenniePaz

LenniePaz Member

Epsons handle SDR much better than HDR, so that's why you tone map to REC709.

10. Deano86

Deano86 Active Member

Not sure why you would be seeing that poor of HDR performance from your Zidoo to your Epson... It really shouldn't be looking "washed out" per se... I found mine looked good, but to truly get the wider color gamut that HDR offers, you need to use the Digital Cinema mode with its color filter, but the resulting lack of image brightness just made it too much of a consequence for me to use on my 6040... You have the newer Epson with its improved HDR slider control... but I obviously can not speak to how effective it truly is.

I can only assume you are referring to using the SDR.REC 2020 option? You do not want to use the embedded Realtek tone mapping options.. Use the Dolby VS10 engine options ... which do a great job.

11. enry184

enry184 Member

Hi everyone. I recently owned a Zidoo UHD3000. Unfortunately I encountered a problem with some mkv files exclusively in Dolby Vision. The problem is the following, when I stop the film and then go to resume it from where I left off, the video and audio are not synchronized and the image is not fluid. To overcome this problem, I have to manually go back a few seconds and the audio and video synchronize perfectly even if by doing so I occasionally notice micro jerks while watching the film. The settings are correct as described on the first page of this discussion. The firmware is the latest updated and that is the beta version v6.4.62_G. I tried changing settings, hard disk, HDMI cable but the problem remains. I want to point out that this problem does not happen with all mkv files in Dolby Vision but with some, with others I have no problem. If it helps, the zidoo is connected to a Sony Bravia Oled KD-65AF9 television. Thanks to those who will help me.

12. Netmask

Netmask Well-Known Member

Post a MediaInfo file of one of the files that has problems playing. There may be something in the file that provides a clue to the problem.

13. enry184

enry184 Member

Here it is

Attached Files:

14. Ozzyoz

Ozzyoz Member

Hello ,
    What is the best setting and use of EDID (if necessary) for the Zidoo Z9X to be used with Sony xr83x80L OLED?
    I need your help, I have to test the TV, I have to decide whether to leave the UST Xiaomi projector and keep the Sony.
    I currently use everything in VS10
    Thank You

15. enry184

enry184 Member

@Netmask
    Found something in the info?

16. enry184

enry184 Member

@Markswift2003 Hi, I see that you are a great expert, can you help me with my problem? I can't solve it

17. Deano86

Deano86 Active Member

I am no expert by any means.. but this looks more like a streaming profile? .. .rather than a profile 7 like I see from my own 4K disc rips.... Is it a download?

18. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Sorry, I'm on vacation in Italy at the moment and the internet is very sporadic where I am - can you remind me about this after the 13th Oct.

19. enry184

enry184 Member

Of course, I am Italian. Happy holiday

20. enry184

enry184 Member

Yes, it is a download of a film that for now can only be found on streaming platforms. I have other mkv files always downloaded that have no problems

Last edited: Oct 6, 2023