Recommended Settings and other useful stuff for RTD 1619DR Players

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by Markswift2003, Oct 21, 2020.

1. Junkie_000

Junkie_000 New Member

Its on the latest BETA FW, I think its something to do with the HDR settings since I change from PJ to TV on the AVR I do not think the Zidoo likes the change then I have to cycle through every setting each time to make it work again. I think I figured it out. Be handy to just have a save settings list to adjust all the settings to a previously saved setting rather then going through every setting when I switch from PJ to TV and TV to PJ.

I have to adjust all the color settings then Res then HDR then 16-235 then Res again and then test a video to see if it worked.

2. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

This must be to do with the EDID changing when you switch displays, but I've never seen the HDMI range change like that.

Can you post both EDIDs (one for each display through the amp) and I'll see if I can combine into one EDID and you can load that into a custom EDID slot.

To Download EDID
    ================

Settings/Display/Custom EDID/Save EDID

Save to a USB stick or network location.

Change the file extension from .bin to .txt to upload to the forum

(The forum won't accept .bin files)

3. LLLEFTERIS

LLLEFTERIS New Member

I have the Z10 Pro and the LG 65C9, I have problem when I go to put on a Dolby Vision or HDR movie for a few seconds I have a black screen and the TV shows nothing until the image finally comes. Is there anything I can do about it?

I tried to connect the Zidoo to the other LG 43 nanocell that I have the same problem and that means it is not a problem of the TV.

4. Markswift2003

It's just HDMI resync, perfectly normal, and it's the TV that does it - some TVs take a couple of seconds, some maybe 5s and some displays (notably older JVC projectors) up to 15s!

HDMI resyncs on a change of HDR mode and/or framerate and/or resolution.

If you want to reduce the instances, set:

Display/Resolution: 3840x2160p @23Hz (most content is 23.976fps)
    Playback/Automatic frame rate/Frame rate mode: Switch frame rate only (so resolution doesn't change)

If you want to virtually eliminate them then consider setting Display/HDR to Dolby Vision VS10 Engine (for all content) which will output everything in DV on your LG.

B0RN and LLLEFTERIS like this.
  5. darky_zidoo

darky_zidoo Active Member

"If you want to use more than one trailer then number them like:

No Time To Die.trailer1.mp4
    No Time To Die.trailer2.mp4"

For me it only works as;
    *-trailer-1.*
    *-trailer-2.*

It then play them in a row with a 2 second pauze in between

6. Markswift2003

Yes, you should have a delimiter otherwise the string is trailer1 not trailer. See Suffix file in first post.

darky_zidoo likes this.
  7. Recoba86

Recoba86 New Member

Hello, I just watched a movie that was supposed to be in DV and HDR but the output has been in HDR. Do you know why? Is there a way to prioritise Dolby Vision?

The TV is an LG c1, so Dolby Vision is supported

Last edited: Aug 15, 2023
  8. Robo111

Robo111 New Member

TV always prioritise DV, you should check that file if it is indeed in DV.

9. Netmask

Netmask Well-Known Member

Post a full MediaInfo file report.

10. Recoba86

Recoba86 New Member

Can you tell me how to do that? I mean: how to generate a mediainfo file report

11. Netmask

Netmask Well-Known Member

12. Robo111

Robo111 New Member

Or go to that movie in ht4 where you see info about that movie and than press more, that will display media info.

13. Recoba86

Recoba86 New Member

H
    Here it is.

Attached Files:

14. LenniePaz

LenniePaz Member

Are these settings recommended for all displays? I have an Epson 5050ub and I'm trying to break away from MadVR. I've heard so many good things about the Z9X so I bought one. So far, it's not even close to MadVR but maybe I just don't have the Z9X set up properly. With all the recommended settings and a custom SDR EDID used for tone mapping, the HDR image I'm getting is very dull. With tone mapping on MadVR the picture has way more pop. I'm also not happy with the image I'm getting from 1080p rips that looked amazing with MadVR. Again, the 1080p SDR image from the Z9X is just lacking compared to MadVR. I've tried the VS10 for SDR and it looks dull, and I've tried Auto for SDR 1080p but it's still lacking. Are my expectations too high for the Z9X compared to MadVR? I've read a bunch of comments where ex MadVR users says there's very little difference between the Z9X and MadVR so that's why I was expecting more. Again, maybe I have things set up wrong so I'm open to any settings suggestions.

15. Oldpainless

Oldpainless Active Member

Just out of curiosity (as an ex madvr user myself), are both the zidoo and the PJ set to limited range? Perhaps you could post your settings?

Last edited: Aug 29, 2023
  16. soundeluxe

soundeluxe New Member

Hi can someone tell me how can i use exactly TV Show main cover? I can use chapter and season poster and fanart but main cover i can't use. My folder tree like this;

The Simpsons / The Simpsons - Season 1 / The Simpsons - Season 1 - Roasting on an Open Fire.mkv

17. Radi

Radi New Member

Hi,

how can I freeze z9x menu at 24 frames? All my settings are done according to these from this thread, match frame/ resolution is off, I also lock it via picture options to 24/4k. Nonethelss almost every time I change edit or tinker with HDR options, it bounces back to 60/4k...

PJ is jvc N5.

Thx in advance.

18. Markswift2003

Changing HDR options resets resolution to default on the 1619DR boxes.

You should always match frame rate.

(By the way, you want to set the resolution to 23.796 rather than 24fps - JVC projectors incorrectly report both 23.976 and 24fps as 24 and the vast majority of content is 23.976)

Radi likes this.
  19. LenniePaz

LenniePaz Member

Z9X is set to 16-235 if that's what you are referring to. I can post all my settings when I get home from work.

20. Oldpainless

Oldpainless Active Member

Yes, 16-235 is low, so the PJ should be set the same.

Also, unless @Markswift2003 corrects me, you can get the zidoo to force lldv for SDR.

Last edited: Aug 29, 2023