PlexToZidoo : An external player for plex using native Zidoo player

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by gogo789, Nov 4, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bowlingbeeg

bowlingbeeg Active Member

I don't use that feature but I tried adding a local trailer and it seems to work for me. I will mention that if you have only one local trailer then it won't be listed in the "extras" section, instead it's accessed through the trailer button(next to the play button). So when you say it's not working, can you give more details? What does the PlexToZidoo debug screen show?

2. Jauschua Stout

Jauschua Stout New Member

When I add a trailer to the folder, the trailer button shows up in Plex, but still gives an error. Is there a specific naming convention? I have tried two different naming conventions that are recommended by Plex:

Movie Title (Year)/trailers/Movie Title.ext
    Movie Title (Year)/Movie Title-trailer.ext

Attached is the debug screen.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 23, 2023
  3. bowlingbeeg

It wouldn't show up in Plex if the naming convention wasn't correct so that appears to be correct. I'm not sure why it's not playing though, everything looks correct. Can you play that trailer through the media center app?

4. Jauschua Stout

It works in both the Zidoo MediaCenter app over SMB and in other Plex clients.

5. bowlingbeeg

Right now local trailers/extras do not do the path substitution because of the Plex web API limitations, so PlexToZidoo just throws the https stream over the wall to the zidoo player. That should work(minus any imbedded subtitles), it works for me but for some reason it's not for you. I don't have any visibility into the zidoo player code itself so I have no idea why it's failing. I can look into adding the path substitution for the trailers/extras but I can only do that in the ZidooPlexMod kodi addon, not sure if that's what you're using or not.

6. Jauschua Stout

I am using the following:
    ZDMC 20.2
    ZidooPlexMod 0.2.0
    PlexToZidoo 2.3
    Plex Media Server 1.32.6.7557

All my extras for both Movies and TV show up under the Extras section. If there is any way to make that work with local extras that would be ideal.

7. bowlingbeeg

New updates to both ZidooPlexMod(v0.2.1) and PlexToZidoo(v2.4).

ZidooPlexMod update to pull in latest 0.6.2-1 upstream version as well as add support for path substitution on local trailers/extras. NOTE: Requires PlexToZidoo v2.4+
    https://github.com/bowlingbeeg/plex-for-kodi/releases/tag/ZidooPlexMod_v0.2.1

PlexToZidoo update to support path substitution on local trailers/extras. NOTE: Requires ZidooPlexMod v0.2.1+, the new path substitution for local trailers/extras isn't supported for the Z9X official Plex client.
    https://github.com/bowlingbeeg/PlexToZidoo/releases/tag/v2.4

Jauschua Stout likes this.
  8. bowlingbeeg

Let me know if the new versions of ZidooPlexMod and PlexToZidoo solve your issue.

9. Jauschua Stout

That was fast! They worked beautifully. Thank you!

bowlingbeeg likes this.
  10. Jauschua Stout

Another question for the group. As I watch my shows, I end up with a lot of episodes that show only 80% finished. I think the only ones that get marked finished are the ones I allow to play to the very end of the file. So if i skip the end credits (last minute) and go to the next episode, it doesn't get marked as watch. I have Plex set to "earliest between threshold percent [90%] and first credits marker" and I read that PlexToZidoo marks it watched at 90%. So is there settings or best practices to address this?

11. bowlingbeeg

What do you have your Play mode set to? Home screen->Settings->Playback->Play mode should be set to "Single file" and within the zidoo player Menu->Play mode should be "Off"? If it's not then the zidoo player will automatically move on to the next episode and plex won't know anything about it. The same holds true if you if you use the zidoo player OSD and skip to the next episode, you need to stop the show, which will come back into Plex and then it can update the progress/watched status. The new binge mode option will automatically play the next episode if you have that turned on.

12. Jauschua Stout

I see. So when I use the next button on my remote, I am essentially telling the Zidoo player to skip to the next episode and that is preventing the progress/watched status update. I just noticed the binge watch option, I have not tried that yet.

13. bowlingbeeg

You must have changed the default for the page key to switch to the next video .. if so then yes that would also do the same thing. Unfortunately that's a limitation I can't do anything about. When you do hit the 90%(or whatever threshold you pick from the settings) you can just hit stop and that will take you back out of the zidoo player. You'll then see the post-play screen where you can select the next episode. The other option is to select binge mode which would automatically start the next episode after you finish(or stop at 90+%) an episode.

14. karmu

karmu Member

Hi,
    some problems with the new version (all went fine until 0.2.0.)
    - After watching a TV show, the GUI no longer jumps to the next episode (see pics)
    Version_200.jpg Version_210.jpg
    - in Plex the episode is no longer marked as watched after the first view (but after the second view)
    - during the first viewing, the episode will no longer appear on the Plex dashboard. If I start it again, it appears in the dashboard. Very strange.

A minor problem that didn't exist at least in 0.1.4: (I'm still trying to figure out how long this has been happening)
    In Plex playback history, each episode appears twice (Kodi + Linux).
    What's interesting is the time difference: 10% of the length of the episode.
    See pics:
    Playback_new.jpg Playback_old.jpg

15. bowlingbeeg

Can you turn on the debug logging in the Plex settings and then completely exit out of ZDMC. Then start up ZDMC and the ZidooPlexMod addon and recreate the issue. Then DM me and I can tell you where to upload the file.

16. karmu

karmu Member

OK, I think you mean the first problem.
    Give me a few minutes.
    (Btw., I use Kodi 20.2, not ZDMC... because with ZDMC there is no dashboard entry)

Update for the problem with the playback history:
    this issue startet with version 0.1.5
    VersionTest.jpg

17. bowlingbeeg

I'm not sure what you mean by no dashboard entry. The Plex dashboard is updated just fine using ZDMC.

18. karmu

karmu Member

I will test that with a newer version later.

Edit:
    Short test - no dashboard entry with ZDMC (really clean setup)

Last edited: Oct 25, 2023
  19. Jauschua Stout

Now I have a strange layout issue. On the main Home screen the first two rows are "Continue Watching" and "On Deck", which is normal. The same when I select the Movies Home screen, the first line is "Continue Watching". However, on the TV Shows Home Screen, I have to scroll down to the third row to get to the "Continue Watching". The first two rows instead are "Recently Released Episodes" and "Recently Added..." This does not occur in my other clients (Android Mobile, Plex Web, Android TV). Is there a way to edit the layout to control which rows appear at the top of these screens?

Edit:
    I found the file that controls this. If anybody is interested, it is located in the /lib/windows/home.py file in the HUBMAP section. I was able to change "Continue Watching" from line 4 to line 1.

Last edited: Oct 26, 2023
  20. bowlingbeeg

Yeah I wouldn't suggest that. I tried this early on and ran into issues eventually. Unfortunately that part of the layout is pretty much hardcoded.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.