Chat No new RT1295 based F/W since January for the "X" series?

Discussion in 'ZIDOO X10' started by videobruce, Apr 5, 2019.

1. Random_Vibration

Random_Vibration Active Member

Not even close to a smartphone. A run of the mill smartphone can read an ID3 tag properly and the music player can't even do that.

2. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

Neither I do understand why the build in scraping has preference over reading ID3 tags and file/folder name structures in place. :(

But sound quality wise most smartphones (with included or free APP's) just play at Android default 48 kHz using standard drivers. How the music quality wise sounds is the most important aspect for me. ;)

I know for many (mostly younger) people features are very relevant and the video clip is more important than the actual song. Personally when listening to music I do turn off the screen and for some music will listen with my eyes closed.

Last edited: Jun 24, 2019
  3. Random_Vibration

Random_Vibration Active Member

You can't play and hear what you can't reasonably find.

I can play all the files (DSD, FLAC, MP3, WMA, etc) on my Marantz receiver with or without a screen (using Heos app or the receiver display itself) and get the added benefit of using a device that can read an ID3 tag. My Oppo UDP-203 can also read ID3 tags and play any content too. It has an app too. I have no need for a so called audio player that can't find and catalog audio files easily because it can't manage tag data. With +8,500 songs, I don't have time to find music their way and I don't want their music player 3.0 to corrupt properly and accurately tagged files.

My goal is to have one stop shopping with one device for audio (Hi-Res and standard) and video (UHD, 3D HD, HD, and SD) playable at the home theater and bedroom displays for guest users. I don't want to hand guests my phone or tablet nor have them install an app and joint my network just to listen to music or play a movie. None of these Zidoo devices can handle accessibility for my guests on the music front. The UDP-203 can but it isn't as user friendly because it doesn't have movie poster art to browse thru.

Last edited: Jun 24, 2019