New fw for X9S v2.1.36

Discussion in 'X9S Official Firmware Releases' started by leonkoum, Jan 14, 2020.

1. godalmighty

godalmighty Active Member

so i think the latest ZDMC based on kodi 18 only can work in the latest firmware, not the one i use now :(

2. godalmighty

just flash it with image file, you can find the file and tutorial here
    and you can find other firmware available here

3. godalmighty

btw i notice, is that X9S a 64bit machine or not?
    IMG_20200507_133659.jpg
    and why they only can install 32bit apk

4. godalmighty

i appreciate this new HT gui but i dont like the 1st row section why i cannot change it to other category
    now somehow this gui look very similar with emby, i dont mind but i prefer previous HT, its much better than this one :p

5. Ekul

Ekul Active Member

Terrible program,
    First because of the lack of a screensaver, dont use it with plasma or oled tv.
    It can permantly damage your panel. (Same for the zidooplayer, dont pause it, always stop playback so kodi can activate screensaver)
    Second the terrible scanning of tv series. 50% not reconized.
    If it does scan correct then only the selected language, no fallback to english. So many episodes without plot.
    In the new gui the genres are in selected language and in (empty) english, stupid.
    And so on and on. Terrible.

Greetings from mister positive. :)
    Stay healthy to all!

6. Tony77

Tony77 Member

R u SURE 3.0 home theatre works with x9s? I've got most recent firmware and HT app.. haven't tried 3.0 yet, but it seems when the new scrapes r added to my EXISTING library created in an older HT version that they aren't compatible...

For ex. I have a DVD of Iron Man.. then I add the Iron Man Blu-ray & rescrape with bluray.. Now they are together under One poster.. When I click on poster to view both versions CRASH!! (back to home) This also will happen after I play an EXISTING DVD that was in my library..after playing it updates the badges..If I try to go and view those movie details next time...BAM CRASH!!(to home screen)

WTF is going on here?? I could delete my 28 SOURCES & rescrape.. but I'd LOSE the 1000s of REMATCHES I've done.. There are 11,000 in my poster wall..its a HUGE headache, but I'll do whatever I have to because the CRASHING makes it UNUSABLE... I can accept bugs, but this isn't functional this way.... any suggestions,???

PLEEEEEEASE?
    thank you.

7. 3DBuff

3DBuff Active Member

I have X9S with v2.1.28. HT2.0 worked and HT3 works too. My database is old as well created in the past and upgraded with new versions of HT. No issues.
    Maybe you got to memory or space limitations? There are functions in Set UP that show you memory and disk space. Check when HT is open.

godalmighty likes this.
  8. godalmighty

me too, i use 2.1.28 and work fine with HT3.0, Genre look good, even they can scan for additional disc and put it in Documentary section
    and the best part is, i dont have too rescan it, just using previous data from HT2.0
    IMG_20200514_152738.jpg IMG_20200514_152750.jpg IMG_20200514_152842.jpg IMG_20200514_152854.jpg IMG_20200514_152926.jpg
    IMG_20200514_152951.jpg

but i prefer the previous interface so i un check the Classification mode in Settings---Poster View
    IMG_20200515_161047.jpg

Last edited: May 15, 2020
  9. Love3Dwatmos

Love3Dwatmos New Member

@godalmighty
    Thanks for the links, I thought those were V1.1.4 links but they were the 2.1.1 I was looking for! And it is a 64bit hardware that seems to only run 32bit stuff (which is ridiculous), unless there have been updates I am unaware of.

10. godalmighty

no, i checked it, still only 32mode in this new firmware

but i want to know, is this X9S support bluetooth audio? coz i want to pair it with my bluetooth headphone and my X9S cannot detect any bluetooth device :(

11. Love3Dwatmos

Love3Dwatmos New Member

Tried to update via usb from V2.1.1 to V2.1.28. Anyone know how many hours I should wait for the green screen to change to something else? It's been 2 hours so far. I'm beginning to miss my Rpi3.

12. godalmighty

for me no more than 10minutes i guess, never count it
    make sure your thumbdrive format in FAT32 dan plug it in USB2.0 port